Lint free pads leaving bits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to say fold in half length ways, then width ways lol

I'll be having a look at all those recommended tomorrow .... i had a mare of a day today with fluffy bits getting in places it shouldnt !!

Thank you all lovely geeks - I'm sorry that so many of us have the same problem, but pleased that I'm not alone!!

I'll definitely be trying out some of those suggestions until I find my perfect fit.

Thank you also for the info on shaking the shellac bottle, I will definitely give it a more rigorous shake on my next application to see if that helps also.

Much appreciated
x

Another vote for kitchen roll. I've tried hands down and soft landings but no 'bits' ever with kitchen roll. Love it, economical, can pick it up from the supermarket if I run out, but mainly no fuzzies!

I use the roll of paper ones from Ellisons. They come in little tiny rectangles in a big roll and are really cheap. When I used the soft cottony lint free pads I too had this problem. Now I use these they have stopped it completely. I fold in half length ways, then again to make a little folded 'point' an use that to really scrub with. It works really well. Hope this helps :)

I use these too and no bits at all:)

I use these too and no bits at all:)

I couldn't believe how much easier they made my life! I was close to breaking point with little fuzzies in my Shellac lol :)

I use Regina paper towel cut up in small squares.

Never looked back...:)

Another vote here for Regina Paper Towel :biggrin: xxx

This is a quote from another thread about ScrubFresh that got into a 'lint free' pad discussion.

See, I'm glad you said that. This is something I've heard a few people say. Now, I DO NOT get fuzzies with Hands Down Plastic Backed Pads... but I hear that many people do.
I have a theory..... :)

If you wipe with a dry Plastic Backed Pad it's fluff city, it's literally everywhere.
But when you use a Plastic Backed Pad saturated with ScrubFresh there is no fluff.

Make sure when saturating your Plastic Backed Pad that you use the bit that has ScrubFresh on it and NOT a dry part of the pad to wipe the nail.

What we see a lot of is this:
picture.php

Scrubfresh pumped in the centre with a big'ole ring of dry fluff just waiting to get in the way! Arrrgh!

Try pumping the pad like this:
picture.php

Use the saturated side for the first 5 nails, then pump onto the other side and use that for the next five nails. Fluffless and super :)
Works for me.

Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/191831-instead-scrubfresh.html

I get mine from nail supplies 24/7, they don't leave bits at all

Hi, i had loads of probs with shellac even sent all my polishes back for testing, Ellisons said there was nothing wrong and could not offer any help, i would love to know where i can get these paper nail wipes, my email is [email protected].

Many thanks
kim

Hi, i had loads of probs with shellac even sent all my polishes back for testing, Ellisons said there was nothing wrong and could not offer any help, i would love to know where i can get these paper nail wipes, my email is [email protected].

Many thanks
kim

I use Regina lint free kitchen roll and you can buy it in tescos or sainsburys x

Viva paper towels. Love them.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back