Log cabin/shed etc. salon set ups!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my garage conversion which was done in September. We had an outside loo in the garden behind the garage so knocked that through and made an en suite wet room which I tan in. I love it.

Hi Cloughers, love your conversion, looks fantastic!! May I ask where did you get your LED desk lamp from? Has it been okay? I'm on the hunt for something more streamlined and to see your lamp in situ is a great help xx

Ok if some of you have cabins, not converted garages where did you start looking and how do you go about electricity, water and insulation? I LOVE the idea but can't think of where I would start and the cost of the start up seems daunting!

Are the wooden cabins easy to maintain? I'm imagining leaks and spiders etc xx

Well it's all being done, lots of excitement and money!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,250
Im in the middle of having mine built. My husband is building it from scratch which has massively reduced the cost. I will update you when its finished lol but with correct inusulation and materials ect there should be no leaks and im praying no spiders :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Cloughers, love your conversion, looks fantastic!! May I ask where did you get your LED desk lamp from? Has it been okay? I'm on the hunt for something more streamlined and to see your lamp in situ is a great help xx

I have that light too- got it from salons direct! £50 xx

Yes me too, Salons Drect

I do hairdressing and beauty so in my cabin I'll need a basin. I was thinking of a front wash style instead of the normal back wash. I need inspiration, what have you got in your cabin and what's it look like?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Googled Dunster house for cabins wow they are gorgeous! How do you all secure your cabins and is it easy to install electricity and a basin for hairdressing use xx

Wow you ladies have some brilliant set ups I never thought of doing a cabin/shed type thing...this is perfect as we are renting I'm unable to set up properly from home but if I go a shed and deckd it out I could do what I wanted and move it around :) my other half and brother in law are super savvy wth this kind of stuff :) so we could do it fairly cheap :) I'm feeling so inspired!! Xx

Sent from my A500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not long now so excited!

Attachments

• 1400012624862.jpg
    1400012624862.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,226
Well it's all being done, lots of excitement and money!

This is lovely - is it a Dunster House one? I'm looking at the premium plus seven 5x4 meters.

If it was Dunster how did you find them and are you happy with the quality? X

No my poor husband is building it from scratch lol. It has worked out a lot cheaper as on a tight budget. I have heard good things about the dunster ones tho we did look into getting one from there. My is 8 meters by about 3 and a half. :) x

I do hairdressing and beauty so in my cabin I'll need a basin. I was thinking of a front wash style instead of the normal back wash. I need inspiration, what have you got in your cabin and what's it look like?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yours looks identical to mine lol! XImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400418557.738421.jpg

Cold water is in. Electric is going in on Thursday. Flooring went down this morning. I went for vinyl. Yay! Getting there!

Hiya Breeze, yes it looks like yours. What colour is yours, mines cuprinol willow and country cream.

Hiya Breeze, yes it looks like yours. What colour is yours, mines cuprinol willow and country cream.

Hello 😊 mine are both by Sadolin, burlesque and jungle green! So many lovely colours to choose from x x

Chosen fabric for roman blinds in my cabin. What at your windows?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 728
I am so glad this thread popped up. My husband suggested having a summer house salon in our beast of a garden and I was unsure if it would be functional or not, he has a 5x8m workshop/mancave at the bottom of the garden he built himself, its fully insulated, heated with electric hook up so building my retreat would be no problem. After seeing these I am reassured muchly :D Loving all these set ups!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

We ordered my log cabin last week! Only thing is the company are so busy it won't be ready until mid July 😔😔😔 but I went out today to buy myself some decor bits to get me started, I'm so exited! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401744186.981537.jpgim going for a vintage/shabby chic/Parisian theme xx

Latest posts

Back