Long story, first date tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
Okay... Long story but bear with me!

A few nights ago, I met a really gorgeous guy at a club.. Dark, tall, tanned and incredibly muscled (imagine Geordie shore!) he approached me, bought me a few drinks and we danced. My parents were away on holiday so I asked of he wanted to come back to my house. I laughed when we got to my door saying 'can we call this a late night date instead of a one-nighter?' he laughed and we had a great night watching Inglorious Bastards and having AMAZING conversation about films and politics. He's a politics student and I'm an English and film student, it was fab!

Anyway, we spent the night together, and after the 'magic happened' he cuddled me till i fell asleep and we stayed together all the next day, he was so touchy and lovely! I didn't feel cheap or nasty like I imagine a girl would after a one nighter.

I drove him to uni and he got my number. After 30 hours (yes I counted!!) of wondering if I had just imagined that he liked me and only got my number to be polite, he text me asking to go for a drink on Monday!!!

Anyway, my question is how the hell do you act on a first(ish) date? I'm 19 and he's 21 if it makes a difference.

Is it a good thing we've already spent a fair amount of time together or what? If anyone has seen my previous relationship post, they will understand how big this is for me, so happy :)

Any date tips please share <3

Xxx

Just be yourself girlie! He obviously likes you if he wants to meet up again and believe me he's probably just as shy as you are ;)

Just let the conversation flow. I'm sure if you've talked for ages you'll have loads to talk about x

Okay... Long story but bear with me!

A few nights ago, I met a really gorgeous guy at a club.. Dark, tall, tanned and incredibly muscled (imagine Geordie shore!) he approached me, bought me a few drinks and we danced. My parents were away on holiday so I asked of he wanted to come back to my house. I laughed when we got to my door saying 'can we call this a late night date instead of a one-nighter?' he laughed and we had a great night watching Inglorious Bastards and having AMAZING conversation about films and politics. He's a politics student and I'm an English and film student, it was fab!

Anyway, we spent the night together, and after the 'magic happened' he cuddled me till i fell asleep and we stayed together all the next day, he was so touchy and lovely! I didn't feel cheap or nasty like I imagine a girl would after a one nighter.

I drove him to uni and he got my number. After 30 hours (yes I counted!!) of wondering if I had just imagined that he liked me and only got my number to be polite, he text me asking to go for a drink on Monday!!!

Anyway, my question is how the hell do you act on a first(ish) date? I'm 19 and he's 21 if it makes a difference.

Is it a good thing we've already spent a fair amount of time together or what? If anyone has seen my previous relationship post, they will understand how big this is for me, so happy :)

Any date tips please share <3

Xxx

Yeah!, he called! I was reading in the other thread and hoping he'd ring! Just be yourself. That's what he was attracted to. Anyway, you've already got over the hurdle of wondering if you'll have anything to talk about...enjoy! X

Well I've had a few rubbish episodes with men... And I've learnt that if they weren't bothered they blatantly cut you off so he's obv into you to want to see you again. Once you see him again you'll probs just feel dead comfortable once those first date nerves pass :) be yourself, go with the flow and enjoy it Hun xxx

Make sure he wines and dines you if you like him , be yourself and good luck :) x x

Last edited:
Just be yourself. You're far more likely to make a good impression that way because you'll be more relaxed, and you'll enjoy yourself more.

Good luck I hope it goes well for you :Love:

Ace new hun, was following other post so glad he's called. Enjoy Monday be your self and have a great time you will be fine you spent all day with him so you's clearly have loads to speak bout and find it easy to talk so pleased for you let us know how it goes xcx

Hope Monday's date was a success xxx

It was!

I seen him again yesterday and we spent the day in his flat kissing and cuddling! Only thing is he's mentioned a girl called Sophie who 'he was seeing a few weeks ago', but she text him when I was with him.. I know that means nothing but I want to say to him I'm not interested if he's going to continue seeing other girls. It's a bit soon though, we have plans for him to come to mine and I'm cooking him tea in the near future. I did say when his phone went 'oh you've got a text' just so he knows that I seen it!

How do I broach the subject without looking like a psyco (I'm hiding my insanity for a few months yet) ? I've already told him I don't have time for ar*eholes, but I want to know about this girl and make it clear I don't share. :(

It was!

I seen him again yesterday and we spent the day in his flat kissing and cuddling! Only thing is he's mentioned a girl called Sophie who 'he was seeing a few weeks ago', but she text him when I was with him.. I know that means nothing but I want to say to him I'm not interested if he's going to continue seeing other girls. It's a bit soon though, we have plans for him to come to mine and I'm cooking him tea in the near future. I did say when his phone went 'oh you've got a text' just so he knows that I seen it!

How do I broach the subject without looking like a psyco (I'm hiding my insanity for a few months yet) ? I've already told him I don't have time for ar*eholes, but I want to know about this girl and make it clear I don't share. :(

Hey :) I have read your last post though I didn't comment. I think it's a bit soon to be mentioning about not seeing this other girl. It might make you seem a bit jealous or a bit crazy lol! I would play it by ear for now, your young have a bit of fun! Relax and if its meant to be it will be :) x

Hey :) I have read your last post though I didn't comment. I think it's a bit soon to be mentioning about not seeing this other girl. It might make you seem a bit jealous or a bit crazy lol! I would play it by ear for now, your young have a bit of fun! Relax and if its meant to be it will be :) x

I know :(

I am young but I'm not fun!! I feel like I've fallen a bit too hard too early, and I'm getting obsessed, I know I am. He hasnt text me back and there's been a few tines where he hasn't text me back and it drives me mad!!

I like him but I don't feel like I can take doing this again, waiting around and over thinking everything. I just want to delete his number to stop myself chasing him!! What do I do? Im driving myself crazy :(

Ps. I think I'm having a psyco hormonal day, just to explain my previous comment!

He might feel the same as you an you wont know. Me and my fiance literally fell inlove at first sight and both wanted to be together but were beating around the bush at officially being together within a week had said we loved each other and I know its true love as we have been through hell together!

How do I figure it out without looking psyco? I'm gonna see if he wants to watch a DVD this week, but I don't want to continue seeing him if he's still seeing this other girl... Someone help me because I'm rubbish ha! X

In the kindest possible way - chill.

If its meant to work, it will. Cliche, I know but hear me out.

If he's the right guy for you, he'll respect you and frankly wouldn't be interested in talking to another girl. If he's wrong for you, he'll screw up and you'll be able to say-these are my terms, this is how I think a relationship should be. The right guy will already agree with you. The wrong one - leave it be.

You may be gutted that he isn't the right guy, but you'll move on & find one that is.

Just chill out hon & enjoy. It's meant to be fun ;) Xx

Yes sweetie, you can't make him stop seeing someone else unless he wants to and If he wants to stop seeing that other girl, then he is for you. If not, then move on FAST! Don't waste time. You know the movie "He's just not that into you" ? Live by it. I wish I saw that movie 25 years ago, would have saved me a lot of heartache and pain.

As soon as I met my husband, he dropped the other girl like a hot potato after our first date.

Ah you girls are brilliant.

I just don't want to waste time now! But I've chilled a bit, seeing him next week so I'll maybe fish for answers. I might even just say, 'are you seeing other people?' if so, I'll let him know that I'm not really interested in that kind of thing. My mum thinks I should just go with the flow and see what happens but I'm far too proud (and sensitive) to have the p*ss taken out of me x

Also, I think il not contact him for a while. Im supposed to let him know when I'm available next week so we can go out... Think I'll let him chase me, and at least il know that way!

Haha love it. Go for it hon & enjoy yourself ;) Xx

Never mind girls, he's a complete a-hole!

Text him saying when I'm available for a drink, he ignored it. Text him the next day asking if I should be taking a hint, he ignored that too.

So I've given up. More annoyed at the fact he doesn't give me enough respect to give me an explanation. But if I bump into him at uni, he will be getting a very cold shoulder and maybe even a dirty look!

Latest posts

Back