Louboutin nails - new trend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so behind I've only just discovered these nails I really do need to pay more attention 😃

I haven't read all tread so sorry if someone already said that here. But do you know that first louboutin shoe was painted with just normal nail polish. Some assistant was painting nails with red colour he saw it and thats when idea was born!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I haven't read all tread so sorry if someone already said that here. But do you know that first louboutin shoe was painted with just normal nail polish. Some assistant was painting nails with red colour he saw it and thats when idea was born!!!

Oooh that's a fab lil titbit to be stored away in my noggin for future :)
Thank you, I love lil info bits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Happy to share it:)
Some time ago I have watched interview with him on E! channel.

Red underneath with a nude on top looks lovely too:)

I don't see the point in either! Just to see a flash of red. I don't mean my replies to sound funny or anything. I guess it is just personal preference and opinion x :)

I think if you were with someone who had a 'back flip' on their nails (which is what CND named this look years and years ago before someone else decided to call it Laboutin) and they were gesturing with their hands (as I tend to do when talking) I think you would notice it and think it looked much prettier and more finished than a half grown out nail under a sculpted tip or a regular tip. and you would notice.

Nothing wrong with personal preference and we are all entitled to our own. But to say there is no point in it is really not the case. If there is no point in it then there is no point in any nail art at all is there? I'm not sure there has to be a point ... it's fun it's creative and it satisfies something in us as artists.

I think if you were with someone who had a 'back flip' on their nails (which is what CND named this look years and years ago before someone else decided to call it Laboutin) and they were gesturing with their hands (as I tend to do when talking) I think you would notice it and think it looked much prettier and more finished than a half grown out nail under a sculpted tip or a regular tip. and you would notice.

Nothing wrong with personal preference and we are all entitled to our own. But to say there is no point in it is really not the case. If there is no point in it then there is no point in any nail art at all is there? I'm not sure there has to be a point ... it's fun it's creative and it satisfies something in us as artists.

Exactly!! I did versions of this too many many years ago. I think the first time I did it I used gold and silver leaf as you see a flash of metallic. I believe the first time it was called 'Laboutin manicure' (although there could well be a predated version) was when I sent my, then, assistant, Zoe Pocock, to do a shoot for a magazine. She did an immaculate version of glossy black with a red under and just showing at the edge. It got a LOT of attention.

I'm certainly not the first for this, but I recently did a version for a shoot and also included crystals to give it even more bling.

I love the look for longer nails. It finishes off the nails beautifully and is definitely NOT pointless!

I love the red or pink soled high heels. I figure if you have the gorgeous legs to warrent the attention to your legs and feet you should wear them...

same with lovely nails. It might be fussy or whatever, but if you have nice nails and nice hands anyhow, why not do something different to capture attention.

the great things about polish (and shoes!) is they are not a permenant thing you have to worry about. Don't like it? change it. :biggrin:

I thought I would resurrect an old thread, rather than start a brand new one.
Has anyone done a Laboutin/back flip nail (red or dark colour behind back of free edge) all in gel polish/CND Shellac?
I have done it with Shellac on the nail, and Vinylux on the back, but I Have been asked to do it in Shellac, but I wondered how tricky it would be to soak off?
Can anyone advise?

I thought I would resurrect an old thread, rather than start a brand new one.
Has anyone done a Laboutin/back flip nail (red or dark colour behind back of free edge) all in gel polish/CND Shellac?
I have done it with Shellac on the nail, and Vinylux on the back, but I Have been asked to do it in Shellac, but I wondered how tricky it would be to soak off?
Can anyone advise?

Anyone???

Would you not wrap nail as normal and place a cotton ball under the nail edge soaked in remover (before wrapping nail) ? Just my thoughts ........ [emoji173]️

Thank you so much for replying.
That was what I was thinking of doing. I just wondered if anyone had tried doing the reverse of the nail in gel polish as apposed to normal varnish. And whether it was worth the extra effort (extra cure time/pos extra removal time).
The best way is for me to do my own nails and see.

Has anyone seen or is experienced enough to give me an educated guess on how would this work on acrylic enhancements with colour french and extended nail beds?

I'm thinking a layer of red (on the clear base) and black on top for the french part and opaque pink on the nail bed to extend it. But should I have the red up to the real smile line so the nail bed extension part doesn't show underneath? Or would the red shadow through the nail bed extension? I can't find any pictures of what I'm thinking...

Has anyone seen or is experienced enough to give me an educated guess on how would this work on acrylic enhancements with colour french and extended nail beds?

I'm thinking a layer of red (on the clear base) and black on top for the french part and opaque pink on the nail bed to extend it. But should I have the red up to the real smile line so the nail bed extension part doesn't show underneath? Or would the red shadow through the nail bed extension? I can't find any pictures of what I'm thinking...

I have no idea, but why not try your theory on a training hand/nails and see.
Good luck.

I guess I'll have to try it out somehow... I don't have a training hand unfortunately (I'm sure after a few days of torturing myself with the idea I would have had a play already if I did).

I'm still practicing and don't have a lot of experience on how different things look but the possibilities are endless really! Gotta love nails :)

You have to do the underside first then the top or it becomes messy around the free edge when sealing... I find it easier to wrap then soak the free edge in a bowl of remover.

Latest posts

Back