Louboutin nails - new trend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies to anyone....it seems I have spoke out of turn in here, and it wasn't mean't to offend anyone. My only point was, although they look nice and I haven't said otherwise. I just felt these were not for me and just voiced my opinion.

But apparently it was taken not so kindly.
sorry!

I don't see the point in either! Just to see a flash of red. I don't mean my replies to sound funny or anything. I guess it is just personal preference and opinion x :)

I think that's a strange way to look at it. If you're going to start looking at what the point is to doing nails you're going to hit a dead end because in practical terms there's no point to doing nails at all!! They dont serve any practical purpose, the point in nails is fashion, pure and simple, which is completely subjective. Louboutin is a leading name in fashion, and I completely agree with Gigi that less is more, and a subtle design like this makes far more of a statement that the "in your face" type nail art which personally I think is just tacky.

The point of nails is to make the wearer feel good, and to make a fashion statement, so I think there is a point in these nails!!

Sorry, we cross posted!! I hope you've not taken what I've said as criticism towards your comments, I'm just expressing my opinion in response to yours because I think the louboutin nails are the best thing since sliced bread!! I'm certainly not intending to have a go at you for expressing your views, you're as entitled as anyone else on this site to express your opinions :Love:

Sorry, we cross posted!! I hope you've not taken what I've said as criticism towards your comments, I'm just expressing my opinion in response to yours because I think the louboutin nails are the best thing since sliced bread!! I'm certainly not intending to have a go at you for expressing your views, you're as entitled as anyone else on this site to express your opinions :Love:

It's okay hun. It's hard to type out what you really mean, without sometimes it sounding wrong.

I think they look nice, I just don't think they are for me, personally. Although it is something I would bring into my business for my clients, as they seem to be the in thing! I drop my foot in it alot. Nothing new lol

Cor Gigi you really give me more credit thank you sweetness.
Alas, it was a lot less complex than that lol, feel ashamed to say how now.... But I will do.
As someone else already stated I had posted this picture in the what nails are you sporting today without the louboutin bottoms, which I created a couple of days later because I had slipped a finger into a pot of holographic silver glitter and thought that it looked amazing.
I sat and figured out that if I added a layer of clearly pink shellac to the underneath of my nails, cured and then scrubbed the glitter in the sameway as we do rockstar I would get the effect and a neater finish than if I did with polish.
To get the border after I had removed the inhibition layer, I used a kanga board flat against the underside to create the edge.
The top of the nails have glitter embedded in the blue under the clear L&P and then handpainted design on top.
Sorry it wasn't as technical.
Next time when I re do the tips, I will scuplt the underneath with glitter and the top with another colour.
The amount of comments from strangers on these nails has been ridiculous people stopping me at tills and in shops, not just because of the top but because they have seen flashes of sparkle underneath. And my hands got pulled everywhich way at Olympia this weekend.
Jen xxx

i think they are fab Jen . thank you for telling us how you created them

Cor Gigi you really give me more credit thank you sweetness.
Alas, it was a lot less complex than that lol, feel ashamed to say how now.... But I will do.
As someone else already stated I had posted this picture in the what nails are you sporting today without the louboutin bottoms, which I created a couple of days later because I had slipped a finger into a pot of holographic silver glitter and thought that it looked amazing.
I sat and figured out that if I added a layer of clearly pink shellac to the underneath of my nails, cured and then scrubbed the glitter in the sameway as we do rockstar I would get the effect and a neater finish than if I did with polish.
To get the border after I had removed the inhibition layer, I used a kanga board flat against the underside to create the edge.
The top of the nails have glitter embedded in the blue under the clear L&P and then handpainted design on top.
Sorry it wasn't as technical.
Next time when I re do the tips, I will scuplt the underneath with glitter and the top with another colour.
The amount of comments from strangers on these nails has been ridiculous people stopping me at tills and in shops, not just because of the top but because they have seen flashes of sparkle underneath. And my hands got pulled everywhich way at Olympia this weekend.
Jen xxx

Really amazing nails! Thank you for sharing. X

Can you just put red shellac underneath and cure it upside down or would it not work? x

Yep! Iv tried it, works perfect. Iv done it on myself with gelish. The pain is getting it off though :)

My first set of gel nails were white tips and clear overlay, totally boring to look at (for my own nails) but wanted to see my own work ;)
and one night I decided to paint the underneaths bright red.
I can't tell you how much these got noticed and commented on.
Each time I put my hand out to take something, pick something up or just normal hand movement flashed these veiws of bright red against the pure white of the tops of the nails got folks attention :)

For those who can't imagine it being seen, get the polish out and give it a go... If you don't like it then its only a lint pad and AF remover wipe away back to your usual nails ;)

I wish there was a way to do these on natural nails. They are stunning and definitely eye catching.

I wish there was a way to do these on natural nails. They are stunning and definitely eye catching.

haha! I'm staring at my own nails now (which are now a bit shorter than I usually have them) and thinking of a way to make a "for shorter nails" version! Might have to pull out the forms and start sculpting rather than wait for this stubs to grow :lol:

This was the pic of my nails when I did them... Not the best but folk noticed them :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348829013.848492.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348829013.848492.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,219
haha! I'm staring at my own nails now (which are now a bit shorter than I usually have them) and thinking of a way to make a "for shorter nails" version! Might have to pull out the forms and start sculpting rather than wait for this stubs to grow :lol:

If you find a way I would love to be able to try this. By accident I did this on a pop when I did the matte black look over a discarded pop with a layering combo of Wildfire and Moonlight and Roses. The contrast is the key I think, it looks striking.

In the meantime I look forward to your pics, as always. :D

When you sculpt why not do it in clear?
Then you can paint a red layer or two first then a black over top.. The red will show through the clear sculpt and look flawless in the painting ;)

I was actually thinking thin clear, then pink glitter, then clear again and black sog on top. (Red would just clash with my hair :lol: ) But I'm actually pretty lazy right now, so I might just work with my natural nail sans added length. :)

I'm doing a brides nails for her hen night next week, she has asked for the matte shellac with shiny tips and I've mentioned the red underneath and she's well up for it. It's on natural nails so would I use red shellac underneath the nail and cure it and then start the black? Or should I just use normal red polish?

E x

I've just re rad whole thread and realised this was covered, my apologies x

Last edited:
A client of mine has just requested these, black on top and red underneath, she is having a new set but she doesn't want this as a permanent look, now we have Vinylux that wears so well do you think it would work if I used Vinylux Wildfire for the underside and Shellac Blackpool or Vinylux Black pool for the top?

I'm reluctant to use Shellac Wildfire underneath because of removal.

A client of mine has just requested these, black on top and red underneath, she is having a new set but she doesn't want this as a permanent look, now we have Vinylux that wears so well do you think it would work if I used Vinylux Wildfire for the underside and Shellac Blackpool or Vinylux Black pool for the top?

I'm reluctant to use Shellac Wildfire underneath because of removal.

I can't see why it wouldn't work, let us know how you get on xx

I've only ever done them on natural nails with shellac...it's a bit messy if they're not very long and you need to spend time cleaning off the red that inevitably gets on the skin before curing, but they look lovely.

Latest posts

Back