Low odour polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Hi
I'm helping a charity by painting girls' nails when they are in hospital during 2 weeks Intravenous antibiotics. I actually work on the childrens' ward as HealthCare support worker.

I've been out of the industry for nearly 3 years now and am slowly getting back into with researching new products. Vinylux, wow.

I've secured a nail space in the hospital hair salon. New project, different story. I'll probably be doing nails at the children's bedside if they can't get down to the salon. I'm looking for recommendations from you for the best polish with least smell.......... I don't want asthmatics suffering.

Any recommendation greatly received. Also which is the fastest drying top coat? Some of these girls will only be little.

Thanks
Lorraine x

I was looking or a low odor polish as well for clients in hospitals. The only one I found was a brand called 'Suncoat'. It's gloopy and takes a long time to dry so not really great for kids. It is odor free though.
China Glaze makes a neon line that dries really fast so the solvent smell doesn't linger too long. It still needs a top coat though, otherwise the colours aren't as vibrant and don't last.
Lastly, Folk Art acrylic art paint is the one I now use. I just put it in little 5ml empty polish bottles that I purchased from ebay. It looks professional and I have a selection of 5 colours to choose from. It dries fast, lasts awhile and doesn't need a topcoat.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.jpg
    IMG_1908.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I haven't smelt Vinylux but apparently it's just 8 and half minutes to be completely dry!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have CND Vinylux and it does dry quickly in 8.5 mins but it smells like 'normal polish' so not low odour in my opinion but not strong either if that makes sense. What a lovely thing you're doing, I hope it goes well ;) xx

As far as dry time is concerned the China Glaze is much faster than Vinylux. Just this neon line though which is why I included a photo. The first nail is dry before I'm even done that hand.
Do try the Folk Art paints. They peel off like the Suncoat brand and dry superfast.

Latest posts

Back