Lowlight advice needed from experienced geeks pls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kimi, Yes I realised that when you said, i was over complicating thing as i often do! Yes I offered to do that for her, scattering highlights through and doing lots of lowlight foils, but she said she was definately wanting to go back to her natural darker colour all over. Well that suits me anyway, am still going to use 5/73 mid-lengths to ends first then roots, she's previuosly had tint, bleach and 6/73 as i said, so the 5/73 will be ok for her won't it? xxx soz for the 20 questions on this thread but i would rather keep asking that mess it up! xxxxx
thanks again ladees xxxx

thatll be fine. just warn her if her hair is very light, it will probably wash up fairly quickly, however if she cant come to you regularly, you can give her details of her colour and she can go to a local hairdresser to get it touched up. xx

ah thanks, IF by any chance she says she does want all over darker full head colour, would you still suggest 5.75 doing mid-lengths to ends then roots? just covering every angle!! thanks again x

Hi Zoo.... its the other way around when darkening over blonde hair .... its roots first then mid lengths and ends last especially if it porous hair

are you using tint all over.... or a semi demi / quasi like colour touch ?

Ps... dont forget your test pieces to eliminate the guesswork and timings
:) minky

thanks minky for that. i would have thought mid lengths, then ends then roots too, just because you are darkening so much. but now you say it, it does make sense.

when i was trained it was a case of "as long as its all on, it doesn't matter what order you do it in" :eek: so im still learning a lot from this site!!!

Hi kimi ..... I had to think for a minute myself as the client changed her mind about the highlights lol ,

So Just to clarify ......

Zoos client is a natural 4/0 and has lighter ends with bleach and tint on them ?.....

I'm just wondering how long the hair is ?....

Zoos client now wants it darker all over ?.....

I'm Just thinking about grab on the lighter ends if it's longish ? ....

Client now wants a 5/75 or a 5/73 all over colour ?

perhaps a quasi semi color touch ? what do you think Kimi and Liana ...... do you think a colour touch semi would be better to even it all up ?

Did Zoobaby say if this was on longer bleached / lightened hair ?.....
I getting soooo confused now Kimi .... :lol: lol

dont know what length.

i always find colour touch comes out uneven for me...although my junior did a lovely colour on someone the other day wuth it. maybe its just me.

sorry cant be of much help, im super tired x

ive always had good results re-colouring lightened hair with dark colour touch . I kept phoning my client/friend -"are you sure theres no fade, no warmness , no flatness" and that was last summer . Over white bleach.But i think the fade and colour results will depend on the condition of the clients hair .

Hello girls...sorry :o I seem to have caused all kinds of confusion!!!! x

MY client is a natural 4/0 and last time i did foils of 6/73, bleach and she's previously had 12/0 & 12/1 foils too. Her hair is shoulder length and going to take a good inch & a half off anyway, it's in really good condition it's just the v dark 2 inch re-growth and the mish mash of highlights that are looking not so nice.

As she's got a bit of grey she's happy to go with all over 5/73 to have a change. She's had dark hair for 55 years and it was only the last 2 years has she ever had any blonde in it, so she's not obsessive about staying blonde or anything.

Am feeling happy now and confident that it will all be fine
thanks for ALL your help, input & ideas (i somehow had it in my head to do mid-length-ends b4 the root don't know how i got it mixed up, i think i thought it would take longer to take on light bits than the roots so it would need to be on longer on the highlighted bits)

i won't confuse myself or you any more!!! thanks again Zoe xxx

Hi Zoobaby , as Liana says a colour touch will be longer lasting ,

5/73 light brunette gold brown. 5/75 light brunette mahogany brown.

5/37 light gold brunette brown

If she had just a bit of grey you could use colour touch on damp hair
mix 1 part color touch to 2 parts 1.9% C /Touch emulsion
put on roots first leave for ten mins
then apply in sections where the highlights are , making sure its all massaged well into the midlengths and ends sections
.... monitor the ends for a further ten to 15 mins more ,

if you need full grey coverage on the root area you could use koleston tint in the same corresponding colour with 6% on the roots

then swap to colour touch in the same corresponding colour for longer lasting mid lengths and ends coverage

good luck Zoobaby with whatever you decide
and let us know how it goes

Hiya, thanks that's great, i have got the 5/73 tint so will go with that and then will probably use colour touch next time she wants it doing,

thanks so much geekies you're help is so valued!!! :hug:

Hiya, thanks that's great, i have got the 5/73 tint so will go with that and then will probably use colour touch next time she wants it doing,

thanks so much geekies you're help is so valued!!! :hug:

Hey yes, your welcome, that sounds good and you could lower the peroxide strength to 3% for the mid lengths and ends areas
but do some test pieces on the blonde ends first with both strengths of peroxide :hug: minky

I agree, colour touch quazi with 1.9 xx

Hi, all was well in the end girls thanks, I was really pleased with the result and so was she, there were some nice brown/golden tones showing thru in the natural daylight, which looked really nice. I'm glad I didn't go for anything darker than a 5 though as it would have been too much of a shock for her.

Next time i will def go for the colour touch, the tint took really well am relieved to say, looked so much better than before. I had a happy mother in law! xxx

Well done Zoobaby :hug: I am glad she liked it
:) minky

Latest posts

Back