Loyalty schemes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare04

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for loyalty schemes, would i be better giving money off or a gift or treatment.
How do you all keep track of it, do you give cards etc

Any advice would be appreciated.
:rolleyes:

I don't offer a loyalty scheme but my daughter's riding stable offers £5 off every 6th lesson and manage it via a card. So we get a card, it's stamped at every lesson and on the 6th lesson we get £5 off and then the following week we get a new card...... It has to be completed within 3 months of date of issue to get the discount.

Does that help?

Hi, I don't know if it helps you, but I know that Nails Inc do a scheme whereby if you pay for 3 treatments upfront, they give you your fourth free. They give you a business card and tick off the treatments until they have all been taken. This way, you would get the money upfront and be able to budget. Hope this helps.

I got some loyalty cards from 3t promotions. I give my clients £5 off every 6th visit. I stamp the card every appointment. I got a free stamp with my salon name on it from Vista Print, but you could always just initial it.

It's a great way to get repeat clients.

Natalie

I have a loyalty scheme for products only. For every £10 spent the clients loyalty card is stamped and when they reach £160 they can then receive a free treatment which is either a back massage, express facial or classic manicure.

I keep the loyalty card attached to the consultation card.

I use loyalty cards,
For every ten nail enhancement treatments the client can have a free solar oil or a free eyebrow wax,
for every ten waxing treatments the client can have a free mini manicure,
if you give them something different to what they usually pay for it feels more like a treat for them and introduces them to a new treatment that they may like and book in the future hth

We operate on a reward voucher scheme which allows you to receive money off your next treatment when you recommend a friend. For each pound your friend spends on their first visit, you receive the same amount in pounds off your next treatment. Not redeemable against special offers or products.

(it seems quite alot of money but it works in getting people to recommend others)

xxx

We offer clients 1 point/sticker for every £16 that they spend. Once they have 10 stickers they receive a free gift. We make a note on the loyalty card of how much they've spent in total so we know how generous we can be. The more they spend, the more we do.

Free gifts can be anything from a free mini treatment (something that they don't normally have done) to a freebie smellie product/candle, that sort of thing - don't always cost much but have high perceived value.

I'm not a big fan of buy 3 get 1 free, as if you're good enough to get them to come back anyway, you've just given away a £25-30 treatment for nothing. I don't mind being generous, but on my terms :).

In fact I've found we've generated loads of new regular clients by doing free treatments.

We're also generous to our regulars if they introduce a friend. We give them £5 off their next treatment, which may sound a lot, but it encourages them to send more friends in. :)

Cogsi - how did you decide upon £16, and not £15 or say, £17?

Cogsi - how did you decide upon £16, and not £15 or say, £17?

I can't really remember now but it had something to do with our prices. A lot of treatments or combos come in at around £14/15 so it was a little way to get them to spend a pound or so more, to enable them to get a sticker.

We have lots of inexpensive items that only cost £1-2. A lot of clients do spend that bit more :)

Get a computer that will keep track of all clients spending how many visits, when it's their birthday. You can email them send text message.

How do you manage without them??????( computers that is)

Thank you eveyone, some really helpful ideas.

I had not thought of loyalty for clients who buy retail. So plenty to think about.

Thank you

I have used the loyalty cards from 3t as well. I use them regularly for the tanning side of my business (pay for 5 & get 1 free) and I've also used them for the nails. With nails I did pay for 6 treatments and on the 6th treatment receive a free goody bag with lots of samples (mini solar oil, mini top coat, mini scentsations). That worked really well and didn't cost me much. I thought about offerinf a free treatment but then I am giving up my time which worth more than the products I gave away. Plus I find most people prefer a freebie that they can physically see or a discount of a fixed amount. The only problem I found was that people kept forgetting the cards and asking me to fill them in after a few appointments. Kinda defeats the purpose of having loyalty cards, I may as well just keep track on their record cards!

I also like the idea of using a fixed amount to encourage retail sales. Good idea.

At the salon i work in now the offer 20% off on gel treatments at the clients birthday (or closest visit), we have they birthday at the consultation card and check it from time to time. There are often promotions on treatments or products and sometimes packs of treatments, clients get a text telling them the current promotions. They all seem like a good idea to me.

There is no doubt that loyalty schemes work a treat and generally both retain customers as well as assist in stimulating additional sales for the service provider.

Some really good ideas on this thread.

If you do offer more than one service to your customers it can be a good idea to somehow create your loyalty scheme around the fact that the discount or promotion applies to a treatment that customers don't normally have with you...this way you could stimulate additional revenue across all the services you provide :hug:

Latest posts

Back