Lush-us hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Hello :)

Whats everyones thoughts on lush-us pre bonded hair extensions? Seen loads of good reviews about the hair, but not much has been said about the bonds e.g. How good do they melt down, after washing, drying etc... If anyone has had these fitted or uses them on clients it would be great to have your feedback. Currently deciding a new supplier and im hoping to go with these :D thanks!

I'm thinking of doing the course so I would love to see the comments xxxx

From a client perspective, I am very happy with my lysh us hair, bonds included x

hiya
from a extensionist and a client perspective... i love the hair, ideal for those who want "fresh" hair every 3 months. it has in my experience stayed soft with minimal tangling and the bonds have stayed firm which i like (hate sticky bonds!!) come out very easily with their remover (about 45-60 mins for a full head).
would be good for you to get other opinions but i know a few people here use them for their budget range. :D

Thanks everyone :) im trained in balmain, but i find the cost abit too much for my clients & my area & with all this recession malarky people arnt going to be paying £500+ for hair extensions :/ i used to buy hair on wefts, cut it up & use balmain re-bonds to do extensions as i found some really good remy hair but pre bonded wasnt an option ): only used this method on a few clients as i only did extensions here and there but now im starting up a home salon i want something that i dont have to faff around with! A friend recommended buyhair.co.uk but ive seen a few bad reviews about the bonds so im gonna stay clear of them :) i ordered a colour ring from lush-us and its come today :) pretty happy with the range of colours & the aftercare kit smells lush!

I really don't know how I feel about them. So frustrating! I've never had them in personally but think I need to try next set to really see. I have had such mixed reviews. I usually try different hair on friends. Some clients are really happy, some said they preferred other hair. I recently fitted a pillar box red as lush us had the right color so thought I'd try rather than dyeing it. This hai went awful so quickly, really matted and dry. Maybe this is due to the large chemical process of strong it pillar box red? Probably best to get good quality blonde and then dye it.

I really don't know how I feel about them. So frustrating! I've never had them in personally but think I need to try next set to really see. I have had such mixed reviews. I usually try different hair on friends. Some clients are really happy, some said they preferred other hair. I recently fitted a pillar box red as lush us had the right color so thought I'd try rather than dyeing it. This hai went awful so quickly, really matted and dry. Maybe this is due to the large chemical process of strong it pillar box red? Probably best to get good quality blonde and then dye it.

Please can u try them as ure opinions and comments are always helpful with hair extensions. I really wanna train in hair ex but am not a hair dresser lush us was one of the only companies I could personally find that do cutting courses. Do u know any other companies or info you could give me please x

Yeah im guessing that he matting & dryness is caused from the chemical process. I used to have bright red hair & used weft extensions and it was such a pain to keep dying them everyweek!

Hi

Ive used lush us in the past on clients and myself. Personally i didnt like it at all. It barely lasted 7, 8 weeks at a struggle. The bonds would vary, sometimes good sometimes sticky and horrible. One lot of hair was awful tangled almost immediately and very dry (black hair). I used it for clients on a budget but now just dont bother it just doesnt seem worth it in the end and its my reputation at the end of the day. I mainly use balmain now, it is more expensive especially in this climate but for the overall client care i think its worth it in the long run. Obviously others have used lush us and like it so i think your probably going to have to just try it for yourself and see how you get on, as everyones likes vary so much. Good luck xx

Hi

Ive used lush us in the past on clients and myself. Personally i didnt like it at all. It barely lasted 7, 8 weeks at a struggle. The bonds would vary, sometimes good sometimes sticky and horrible. One lot of hair was awful tangled almost immediately and very dry (black hair). I used it for clients on a budget but now just dont bother it just doesnt seem worth it in the end and its my reputation at the end of the day. I mainly use balmain now, it is more expensive especially in this climate but for the overall client care i think its worth it in the long run. Obviously others have used lush us and like it so i think your probably going to have to just try it for yourself and see how you get on, as everyones likes vary so much. Good luck xx

Oh goodness :/ I've sometimes bought hair from lush and clients have came back saying it's very dry but to be honest it's usually because of lack of after-care so every time i do a fitting i include a luxury after care pack for 'free'... it obviously means i charge a little bit extra but the clients feel like they're getting something for free so it works out if you get me, plus i find complaints have decreased a lot which is good news for me lol :) !! ... like you said we all have different opinions on the hair but i feel for the price it's very good. :) hope this helps !! x

I did have a problem a year ago with their 613, it matted and fluffed up, it came back as bad aftercare but I'm not convinced. All said and done my confidence is restored in the hair and bonds, not had a problem since, 613 included. I even had a client that had 613, 22, 27 fitted, hair lasted 5 months!

Ahh thanks for your feedback :)
Fitting a full head on my fiance's sister next week ( which is a good thing cos i can check the bonds on a weekly basis & the condition of the hair) so fingers crossed we both like it :)
And i was also thinking of adding the mini aftercare pack & brush for free but at the moment my prices are a little low ( only just starting up my home salon so ive got some intro prices) so i dont know what to do with that :/

Hi,

I trained with lush us and coming from no hairdressing or extension experience I trialled through all the courses and they were the best in all fields. Myself personally love the hair it's lovely and soft and as long as you use your aftercare the hair stays in lovely condition. I do find the 22" ends to be dry but I cut and blend anyway so it freshens it up nicely. There customer service and training are great I love how they remember you. I'm off in April to do the cutting course I'm so excited to gain that extra skill something else to add to the cv!! Myself personally see myself as the middle market not the budget or high market lets face it the high market customers don't come along very often in certain places and the budget ones only come along once in a while too so I'm standing firm with lush us well until I have the knowledge to source from abroad myself xx

Ahh thanks for your feedback :)
Fitting a full head on my fiance's sister next week ( which is a good thing cos i can check the bonds on a weekly basis & the condition of the hair) so fingers crossed we both like it :)
And i was also thinking of adding the mini aftercare pack & brush for free but at the moment my prices are a little low ( only just starting up my home salon so ive got some intro prices) so i dont know what to do with that :/

thats what i done initially aswell, but the mini aftercare only really does a couple of washes, they are mini!!! i would bump your price up a bit, and get the full size pack. i've put my prices up and been giving the full sized luxury pack and had only good feedback on it. that way you know they have all the correct aftercare :)

Is this aftercare pack ok to use on other extensions like celebrity elite? Xxx

Is this aftercare pack ok to use on other extensions like celebrity elite? Xxx

i would assume so but not sure tbh - dont see why not though as they dont do their own range :)

i would assume so but not sure tbh - dont see why not though as they dont do their own range :)

I'm doing extension course on Friday and was going to start using celebrity
Elite hair and noticed that they didn't have aftercare products so think I'll try lush us aftercare then. Thanks xx

thats what i done initially aswell, but the mini aftercare only really does a couple of washes, they are mini!!! i would bump your price up a bit, and get the full size pack. i've put my prices up and been giving the full sized luxury pack and had only good feedback on it. that way you know they have all the correct aftercare :)
Well at the moment introductry (spelling!) prices start at (for a full head) £200 so i could offer the mini pack with this but im hardly gonna make much money. I could add the cost of the luxury on so they acctually pay for it but i say its free? At least a brush comes with the luxury one so i womt need to buy that seperate :) xx

Well at the moment introductry (spelling!) prices start at (for a full head) £200 so i could offer the mini pack with this but im hardly gonna make much money. I could add the cost of the luxury on so they acctually pay for it but i say its free? At least a brush comes with the luxury one so i womt need to buy that seperate :) xx

If I was getting my extensions done I'd rather pay extra and leave knowing I've got all the right products to use to keep my hair looking nice rather than paying less and the hair not lasting as long. I'd say put prices up and say its free people these days like the word free ;) xx

If I was getting my extensions done I'd rather pay extra and leave knowing I've got all the right products to use to keep my hair looking nice rather than paying less and the hair not lasting as long. I'd say put prices up and say its free people these days like the word free ;) xx
Yes they do! Aha i must admit i also like the word free! :) x

Latest posts

Back