LVL lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, I must have read the thread completely wrong - I thought people were asking if it were the same as a lash lift?

I do still want to train with them, so I can use their products, but it's not because I think I'm going to learn some wonderous new treatment. The basic principles are the same; it is essentially a lash lift with branded products, which was essentially a lash perm with with silicone pads instead of rollers (I still have a habit of calling it a perm as that's how I trained!).

A few people have mentioned it being 'a lash perm', maybe like you they meant lash lift but are just in the habit of saying lash perm. I do think they are completely different though and the end results are the opposite of each other. I would train with LVL just so I could use their gel pads - they are the best I've found anywhere! X

Ive booked my course and cant wait x
I hated doing perms as the rods are so awkward and results are so diff with a lift
So looking forward to this xx

Guys i thought all lash lifting was the same , just different brands x
Some more recognised than others x

There's no need to delete, we're all adults :)

Agreed, however this topic is a place for posting pics & LvL therapists to compare notes but the past however many pages non LvL trained therapists are just coming on here giving it a bashing. We chose to train in LvL for various reasons we know what we know through training. Why people can't just appreciate that il never know. I now no longer want to share pictures or advice as a non trained therapist will just jump on your back. Shame.[/QUOTE]

No one is jumping on you. It's just that you said lvl is not the same as lash lifting & tinting and doesn't use perming lotion or neutraliser (as far as you are aware)

A few people have mentioned it being 'a lash perm', maybe like you they meant lash lift but are just in the habit of saying lash perm. I do think they are completely different though and the end results are the opposite of each other. I would train with LVL just so I could use their gel pads - they are the best I've found anywhere! X

Then I'm sorry, I really don't understand how opposite the results of a lash lift and tint and lvl can be; they both involve placing the lashes on a silicone shield and lifting them which makes them look longer, darker and straighter. It really defines the eye and it's a brilliant treatment. The only difference being that one treatment is branded and the other not.

Only one person mentioned lash perming, and that was to ask if it was a similar technique as the lash perm and tint that she had trained in. Everyone else has said lash lift but with perming solution - there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Even Angelina, a long-standing lvl-trained geek said it was perming solution.

I think the confusion arose because it was said that lvl doesn't use perming solution. But no matter, I'll contact nouveau tomorrow for details :)

Have you done either of the courses?

I really don't think people would come up with courses & brands if they were like anyone else's.

What I learnt on my two day HD course was amazing there is no way I could learn that elsewhere.

I doubt a three hour course in Sally's would train you aswell.

The whole 'buying into the brand' thing is rubbish. Do topshop do the same quality clothes as primark? But just charge more for their name? I think not.

Not being catty but don't knock it til you've tried it. :) xx

I could disagree to some point !
Did anyone watch the gok wan show in china at a warehouse making underwear for e.g
They are all the same and they got sectioned off into large rooms
labeled George, m&s, Victoria secrets etc
the George ones retail at £4-6
While the Victoria secrets retail at £45
All from the same warehouse!
Xx

Agreed, however this topic is a place for posting pics & LvL therapists to compare notes but the past however many pages non LvL trained therapists are just coming on here giving it a bashing. We chose to train in LvL for various reasons we know what we know through training. Why people can't just appreciate that il never know. I now no longer want to share pictures or advice as a non trained therapist will just jump on your back. Shame.

No one is jumping on you. It's just that you said lvl is not the same as lash lifting & tinting and doesn't use perming lotion or neutraliser (as far as you are aware)

Then I'm sorry, I really don't understand how opposite the results of a lash lift and tint and lvl can be; they both involve placing the lashes on a silicone shield and lifting them which makes them look longer, darker and straighter. It really defines the eye and it's a brilliant treatment. The only difference being that one treatment is branded and the other not.

Only one person mentioned lash perming, and that was to ask if it was a similar technique as the lash perm and tint that she had trained in. Everyone else has said lash lift but with perming solution - there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Even Angelina, a long-standing lvl-trained geek said it was perming solution.

I think the confusion arose because it was said that lvl doesn't use perming solution. But no matter, I'll contact nouveau tomorrow for details :)

Lash perms and lash lifts are the opposite of each other in reference to my original point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv had some fantastic results witH lvl but also a few hit and miss, I can't see we're I'm going wrong, is the answer in how low or high you place the product.
? As I try not to pull the lashes too tight and i put the shield close to the lash line, so all Incan think, it is we're I am Placing the product

Iv had some fantastic results witH lvl but also a few hit and miss, I can't see we're I'm going wrong, is the answer in how low or high you place the product.
? As I try not to pull the lashes too tight and i put the shield close to the lash line, so all Incan think, it is we're I am Placing the product

I too have had the same results with the standard Lash Lifts and I have no idea why as I'm doing the same things.

If you're doing LVL how far down do you put your perming lotion and how far up the lash do you go?

I thought it had to be placed just above the lash line and only a few mm's up and that you didn't cover the whole lash.

But today I called I Appeal and they said that you had to put the perm lotion to at least the half way mark or even cover the whole lash but to be careful with certain lashes due to them being possibly being over processed and frazzling.

Some clients have looked amazing, some (in my eyes) not so although the client has still left happy. Maybe I'm being hyper critical??? Oh and with some clients one lash has lifted more than the other!

I am a complete virgin with lashes (I am a nail lady) but I have just done my training with LVL in London and I do have to say it is the best training I have ever had (and I have had lots).

I asked the question about perming solution as it states on their website that there are no harsh perming techniques but when you watch the video it mentions perming solution, the explanation I was given was that the lifting balm was not quite the same as perming solution which is why we are able to tint the lashes during the same procedure which you cannot do if you perm the lashes (apparently).

As to whether or not you are just buying into a product, it is probably true but I do agree that not all products are the same, the tint from LVL is far superior to tint we can buy at our local suppliers (this is my business partners field of expertise) so I for one am happy to buy into a product that offers great training, great marketing, excellent aftercare and ongoing support. :Love:

Have you tried contacting your trainer, I have only just done the course and we were told that if we had any difficulties we could go back to the academy and do some more hands on, worth a try.

As to whether the solution goes all the way to the end of the lash we were told absolutly NOT it only goes from the root to half to two thirds up the lash.

I asked the question about perming solution as it states on their website that there are no harsh perming techniques but when you watch the video it mentions perming solution, the explanation I was given was that the lifting balm was not quite the same as perming solution which is why we are able to tint the lashes during the same procedure which you cannot do if you perm the lashes (apparently).

Just to clarify, it is absolutey fine to tint lashes during the same appointment for a standard lash lift (Or perm)

Just ensure the tint is applied AFTER the lifting (or perming) process

Just to clarify, it is absolutey fine to tint lashes during the same appointment for a standard lash lift (Or perm)

Just ensure the tint is applied AFTER the lifting (or perming) process

How strange that I was told that you couldn't :confused:

How strange that I was told that you couldn't :confused:

Yes its standard procedure to tint after a lash lift or perm. A hydrogen peroxide solution is used to set the lashes into the new shape so generally the lashes are a little lighter after the perm/lift so tinting is needed.

Perming/lifting was part of my nvq and that included tinting afterwards so it is pretty common practice xxx

How do people tint after lvl or lash lifts. I was thought to put some on the ends while they were still attached to the shields. But I would rather all were tinted including the bottom lashes!

I ALWAYS tint after a Lash Lift, was taught to on my NVQ and it's approved to do so with I Appeal and Salon System Lash Lift kits.

ps. With regards to LVL tints being of a more superior nature, they are actually Hairwell tints (or used to be) that can be bought from most wholesalers.

I personally find that Refectocil tints are the best on the market, excellent colour choice - not just your standard brown, black, blue black. Although saying that it's generally the standard colours that you would use on lashes anyhow such as natural brown, black or blue/black.

To do a tint whilst doing LVL/Lash Lift, you just remove the neutraliser and apply your tint directly to the lashes whilst they are still glued on to the shields. However the bottom lashes don't get tinted unfortunately.

I ALWAYS tint after a Lash Lift, was taught to on my NVQ and it's approved to do so with I Appeal and Salon System Lash Lift kits.

ps. With regards to LVL tints being of a more superior nature, they are actually Hairwell tints (or used to be) that can be bought from most wholesalers.

I personally find that Refectocil tints are the best on the market, excellent colour choice - not just your standard brown, black, blue black. Although saying that it's generally the standard colours that you would use on lashes anyhow such as natural brown, black or blue/black.

To do a tint whilst doing LVL/Lash Lift, you just remove the neutraliser and apply your tint directly to the lashes whilst they are still glued on to the shields. However the bottom lashes don't get tinted unfortunately.

Have learnt something new today, love this industry always something new to learn even if it is how not to do something lol :biggrin:

Sadly we only have one supplier near us and they only stock salon systems :grr:

My next course is eyelash tinting so that I can do the bottom lashes as well :biggrin:

Have learnt something new today, love this industry always something new to learn even if it is how not to do something lol :biggrin:

Sadly we only have one supplier near us and they only stock salon systems :grr:

My next course is eyelash tinting so that I can do the bottom lashes as well :biggrin:

I tint whilst the lashes are on the Shields but I sort of scoop the bottom lashes up with my brush and stick them on the shield apply a bit more tint and leave them like thatwhilst the tint takes. Does that make sense?

On people with really short bottom lashes I remove the shields and tint as normal xxx

I tint whilst the lashes are on the Shields but I sort of scoop the bottom lashes up with my brush and stick them on the shield apply a bit more tint and leave them like thatwhilst the tint takes. Does that make sense?

I do this too. I apply the paper shields under the bottom lashes as normal just to protect the skin and I use my tinting brush to brush the lower lashes upwards onto the shields.

Was also told in my nvq not to tint and perm on the same day. Wasnt untill i started in a salon that they taught me its ok to do so!
We were told there was a chance the lashes wud fall out if u did!!
I know what nonsence!!
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back