Lycon hot wax, recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
To all the Lycon lovers, I'm just returning to using Lycon and hot wax after using sugar wax for about a year and strip waxing everything for a couple of years before that, so need some advice.

I use Lycojet for eyebrows and facial hair as it's the best I've found for picking up the fine downy hairs I'd previously found only strip wax could pick up but I need help on picking the best hot wax for underarm and Brazilians. Which one should I go with? I don't want it to snap like lycojet does our left on for too long...

At college years ago we used rosette which I remember snapped but it could have been my inexperience at the time and my slowness lol but they've introduced so many new ones since then. Also I don't like artificially fragranced products..

I had lycodream recommended so far which sounds pretty good but want some more recommendations please.

Thanks Geeks x

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Come on... I know there are heaps of lycon waxers on here... Xxx

I've used the Rosetta and the Lycojet for all waxing (except legs) and found it great! It does snap if you leave it on too long but for an underarm or bikini I'd never have more than 2 strips on each side on at a time so never had an issue with it becoming too hard. I've heard the black one (I can't remember the name) is good also for bikini waxes.

Thanks Emma. It's weird, I had this thing about avoiding everything I used in college and my first job and now years later I'm finding myself going back to it all....lol

I use so berry for intimate areas, armpits, chin and moustache x

SoBerry for me too on intimate areas! Lycojet desert rose for stubborn hair/facial waxing.

slightly off topic but I had a lady in today who was adamant she wanted strip wax for her Brazilian, in the end I convinced her to have it with lycon but how do you deal with clients that are unwilling to try hot wax? I know before I trained in beauty I'd never heard of hot wax and it would have seemed quite foreign to me as a client xxx

What did she think after you hot waxed her? Was she converted? I had clients who I had been hot waxing then switched to strip waxing who preferred strip. You've got to just get them to trust you know what's best!

I think the name 'hot wax' can be a little disconcerting. I say non strip now. If I had a client wanting a Brazilian with strip I'd refuse to do her. Well done for talking her round.

Vicki x

I think the name 'hot wax' can be a little disconcerting. I say non strip now. If I had a client wanting a Brazilian with strip I'd refuse to do her. Well done for talking her round.

Vicki x

Yes I agree, ' hot wax' is not really a good word to describe it.

Vicki x

Thanks Vicki :) yeah she was fine about it in the end! It's just hard sometimes when clients are stuck in their ways or have had bad experiences in the past (99% of my intimate waxing clients have some kind of horrific bikini wax nightmare! The standard of some therapists genuinely worries me!) so it can be hard to convince them sometimes! I'm going to try and remember to call it non strip from now on :) xx

So I ended up getting Rosette as Lycodream wasn't available from my local supplier. Still got to get used to using hot wax again!!! Lucky I had an old college friend to practice on today 😱

I did my lycon training last year and they said you can use the hot wax for everywhere. This is what I do and it works for me :)

Latest posts

Back