Lycon Wax - is it that different?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
Have just been watching "Silicone Chicks" on Disc Home & Health where waxing was being promoted, namely "Lycon Wax" where it was being promoted as this "great new revolutionary wax". Not sure how long ago the program was made though.

So - is it a totally different product that they made out and is it any different than say Perron Rigot and Berins?

Would be interested to hear from those of you that have used Lycon and also Berins or Perron Rigot to see how it performs in comparison and also how it compares price wise.

In one of the discussions they were doing an "underarm wax" and the lady was saying (whose name I did not catch) that you can have this area waxed as often as once per week with this new product as it can effectively remove the shortest of hairs! Would be interest to here all your thought on this as surely this would cause real issues with the hair growth cycles!

Have any of you chosen Lycon over any of the other wax brands and if so why?

I have tried it at one of the beauty shows,
it is better than the cheap everyday non strip waxes but does not match up to the higher quality non strip waxes,
i found it to be a bit brittle compared to others out there, hth

Last edited:
You should'nt have hairs there at all after a week so it can't be that good :)

Ive worked with lycon for many years, loved it. it does pick up very very short hairs, leaves the skin v smooth and is almost painfree. also very easy to work with. However when i set up on my own i realised Lycon is a very expensive product to use. so i shopped around and found Hive hot film wax for a fraction of the price and this works exactly the same! same great result but more cost effective !
you cn get Lycon from this supplier Strip Distribution

and Hive film wax from

Beauty Express: Professional Beauty Products delivered direct to you

good luck :hug:

I don't rate it at all. To me, it's like the old fashioned figure of eight wax. It's also brittle.

I agree with Louise and Kim, I found it brittle so I would imagine it doesn't have the level of polymers of our two favourite brands :green:

But, try it and see if you like it! And come back and tell us!

And I personally would never advocate waxing every week. That's not a very good advert!!!

They do two hot waxes.One i presume is the old figure of eight wax and they too have a film wax has anyone tried both.
Are they both brittle or is it just the old fashioned wax that everyones tried.
All figure of 8 wax will become brittle if left to long to set as it does not have the plasticides that film wax has.It is a technique in itself and is again so different to film wax that it cannot be compared in its use,only in its results which are just as good when used right.
Personally ive never used any lycon wax but i do like to represent the good side to old fashioned hot wax i use it ,love it and so do my clients.

I use Lycon for about a year. I have to say all my clients love it. They love the way it smells,the way skin feels afterwards, they love it because it is less pain full then other waxes. I used many brands before, and Lycon is the best I ever worked with. The only negative thing about it that you have to use a lot of it and it is not cheap. I wouldn't mind to change it now to a cheaper one, but my clients wouldn't let me do that. They all come to me because the wax is so good. If you introduce it to your salon you will get more waxing clients but it will cost you a lot more too. All the products they have are quite pricey, oils, creams, lotions.

I use Lycon for about a year. I have to say all my clients love it. They love the way it smells,the way skin feels afterwards, they love it because it is less pain full then other waxes. I used many brands before, and Lycon is the best I ever worked with. The only negative thing about it that you have to use a lot of it and it is not cheap. I wouldn't mind to change it now to a cheaper one, but my clients wouldn't let me do that. They all come to me because the wax is so good. If you introduce it to your salon you will get more waxing clients but it will cost you a lot more too. All the products they have are quite pricey, oils, creams, lotions.

Can I just ask Anastasia - have you ever tried the Perron Rigot of Berins wax and how does Lycon compare to them?

I wouldn't mind to change it now to a cheaper one, but my clients wouldn't let me do that. They all come to me because the wax is so good. If you introduce it to your salon you will get more waxing clients but it will cost you a lot more too. All the products they have are quite pricey, oils, creams, lotions.

Have you tried using less of it? Seems a shame to change if you like the brand. I see a lot of my students using way too much product. xxx

Can I just ask Anastasia - have you ever tried the Perron Rigot of Berins wax and how does Lycon compare to them?

Yes I did, and I think Lycon is gentler then Perron Rigot. But i have to say I like Perron Rigot too. I tried these two waxes on the same client on the same area, and her feed back was that Lycon is less pain full. What you should do is go to the two different salons which uses Lycon and Perron Rigot and have your bik done, so you'll know yourself. Good luck

Have you tried using less of it? Seems a shame to change if you like the brand. I see a lot of my students using way too much product. xxx

I guess i do over use it. But it's the way I was taught to use it. Beside with Lycon if you don't use a lot of it, it brakes. You sort of have to build several layers of wax, so it grabs the hair well.

i have been using lycon for almost 3 years now and i wouldn't ever use any other wax. i don't find it brittle at all and it always gets out every hair, even the really short ones. it is expensive, but have found that clients love it so much they are willing to pay more to have it, so we do charge more. i find the strawberry and cream wax is the best - but the chocolate one is good too xx

We used Lycon but have changed to Harley wax as it is exactly the same but loads cheaper and quick delivery

I have used Lycon wax for 6 years now and I did try and come off of it as it was so expensive but found after using Lycon that no other wax compares, clients travel from far away to come to me because of the wax, the key is to not let it dry too much otherwise you will find it does break but this is down to practise. The chocolate strip and berry hot wax are the best ones, I use hot on u/a bikini and the face, not as painful and not so red at all afterwards. Hop this helps.

Laura x

Latest posts

Back