Make up Brush Cleaner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsie*

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is there anywhere on the net or shops where I can pick up some good make up brush cleaner?
I currently go to the wholesalers and pick up their own brand but it doesn't do a great job.I seem to use a lot of it for one brush so it runs out really quick.

Can anyone suggest where I could get some from or what I could use instead that will do the job?

I have heard that shampoo and conditioner is also good is this true?

Thanks x

I use baby shampoo, does the job just fine for me hth x

Hi,
thanks i'll give this ago and see how I get on :)x

A makeup artist friend of mine recently recommended a product called 'brush off' you spray the brushes then wipe them thoroughly on tissue and they dry straight away. Only problem is I can't find a retailer in the uk, anyone know where stocks it?
https://www.brushoff.com/catalog/order-retail.shtml

Yes brush off is great, I use it on the Clarins counter. However, I would recommend washing them thoroughly with water and mild detergent at the end of the day.
:lol:

You can buy brush off from ellisons! xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Yes brush off is great, I use it on the Clarins counter. However, I would recommend washing them thoroughly with water and mild detergent at the end of the day.
:lol:
So, where can we buy it in the uk hun?
I asked crown brushes at excel if they sold a brush cleaner, they do, but didn't bring any to the show:irked:
At the end of the day cleaning brushes with baby shampoo is great, but I to would like a cleaner to use between clients, when I have qualified in make up application.

Use washing up liquid I seen this on a tv programme an its just as good as the expensive stuff x

A brush cleaner is good for inbetween clients on the same day. Once the day is over I use liquid detergent such as bold rinse thoroughly and then I dip them in fabric conditioner and rinse again thoroughly, smooth them back into shape and let them dry.

The fabric conditioner leaves them soft and smelling lovely. Natural hair brushes are the best, synthetic don't last as long, I've had some of my brushes 8 yrs now

Hth xxx

Mac brush cleaner is fab! I use it!

www.ellisons.co.uk

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App
Thanks will go have a peek just now.

This is purely for when I'm out on location and using in between models, my brushes get washed in baby shampoo when I''m home.

I like the smashbox brush cleaner for in-between clients you can get this from debenhams . X

treat your brushes like your hair shampoo and conditioner lay flat to dry otherwise the water will run down your brush and loosen the glue. In between i use bobbi browns brush cleaner.

Elf do a cheap brush cleaner but its not as good as brush off - but that is more expensive - but it really gets the brush clean - even water proof eyeliner.

Baby Shampoo is best for deep cleaning your brushes, i also like BARE ESCENTUALS QUICK CHANGE BRUSH CLEANER if i need to use the same brush for a colour change xx

Latest posts

Back