make up help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeauty

Reaction score
Any make-up beauticians on here?....I need some advice plz? :)

What advice are you looking for?:)

What advice are you looking for?:)

I am trying to go some days without actual foundation on and just been putting on lippy/mascara,bit eyeshadow & blusher but think my face is too pale!...what can I use to give me a bit of colour and some coverage that looks natural and it will give my skin time out from yrs of foundation...I am of the more 'mature' type....:green:

Hiya, have you tried tinted moisturiser?

Hiya, have you tried tinted moisturiser?

I tried one a while back from virgin Vie (which was meant to be for my skin colour) it looked like I'd been 'tangoe'd'!!!!:irked:...horrible.....frightened to use one again....I am naturally quite pale (red-head)? some are quite expensive and we dont have a big dept store here where you can get testers unfortunately:sad:

Hi Sue

Have you tried mineral make up. You can purchase these from high street stores or over the internet. Loads to choose from regarding price as well. I use one that is advertised on the TV and in magazines and it not pricy at all, a pot has lasted me nine months. You only need to use a small amount but you do need a good brush to apply it in small circles all over your face. Good at hiding pores, makes minor imperfections dissappear, I love it. Plus doesn't sit in any lines. Give it a go. X

Hi ya, Im Naturally a fellow redhead (blonde via the hairdressers lol). It depends on if your skin has more pink undertones or yellow undertones as to whether a tinted mosituriser or foundation will look orange on you. (with you looking like you'd been tango'd I would say the product had too much beige in it).

An alternative to wearing a foundation or even a tinted moisturiser is to use a make up primer. These range from clear ones, ones with bronzer in, and skin brightening ones.

I really think you would be better going and having a look round there are so many choices, shame you dont have department store close by.

Hi Sue

Have you tried mineral make up. You can purchase these from high street stores or over the internet. Loads to choose from regarding price as well. I use one that is advertised on the TV and in magazines and it not pricy at all, a pot has lasted me nine months. You only need to use a small amount but you do need a good brush to apply it in small circles all over your face. Good at hiding pores, makes minor imperfections dissappear, I love it. Plus doesn't sit in any lines. Give it a go. X

Bought the L'oreal true match one, tried it and it just 'stuck' to my face???....the brush that comes with it is small and dosen't seem to apply it properly???:o...any ideas? x

L'oreal is NOT a true mineral makeup! Try Jane Iredale or ID, mineral makeups should not have an ingredient list as long as your arm!:hug:

becki xxx

There are two different types of brushes you can use with mineral make up, there is the normal prowder brush, this will give a lighter coverage, there is a Kabuki brush which will give fuller coverage. I think its unlikely the L'oreal brush would have been much good if Im honest.

Also swirling to get the product worked into the brush, the tapping to get off the excess is as important as buffing the product into the skin.

With mineral foundation such a small amount is required, as the product will warm up with the heat and natural oils of your skin.

hi
i would recommed you a light tinted moistiser it gives a light tint of colour and is the same benefit of using a moistiser so its like your missing out a routen its great even better when they have an SPF (sunscreen)

i recommed to clients who dont like the look and feel of a base/foundation and just want to add some colour to the skin.
hope this is any help
amy

hi i used to use foundations ,but know iv been using bodyshop tinted moistuiser as i too have very pale skin and i look like a ghost if i dont wear anything & i just top it up with a bronzer if needed :hug:

L'oreal is NOT a true mineral makeup! Try Jane Iredale or ID, mineral makeups should not have an ingredient list as long as your arm!:hug:

becki xxx

Oh! why do they advertise it as a 'mineral make-up'? or am i stupid?....:(...It wasn't cheap either!....

Try "You Rebel lite" by benefit, it is a tinted moisturiser aimed at people with paler skin tones, i am pale too and it works really well, it feels really light on your skin, plus it has added spf 15 and vitamins so it is good for your skin:)

Couldnt tell you why without knowing whats in it, all I will say is mineral make up has really taken off, and sadly everyone is trying to jump on the band wagon, some mineral make up is true mineral make up, like purely mineral, bare escentuals, Jane Iredale.

Thanks for your replies guys....I wish I could get a dept store near me where I could try out..don't even have a Body shop here!!!:cry:, I appreciate all your repliesxx

Bobbi brown spf25 tinted moisturising balm is really nice on the skin. if you cannot get to department store try shopping channel on tv they stock this and bare minerals 30 day money back so nothing to lose if you dont like send it back

Bobbi brown spf25 tinted moisturising balm is really nice on the skin. if you cannot get to department store try shopping channel on tv they stock this and bare minerals 30 day money back so nothing to lose if you dont like send it back

Thanks sunny girl, another geek also suggested that so I will look into it :hug:

Oh! why do they advertise it as a 'mineral make-up'? or am i stupid?....:(...It wasn't cheap either!....

That's advertising laws for you. It has a tiny amount of minerals in, so they can call it mineral make-up. HOWEVER - some of the ones like this contain all manner of other products, such as chemicals, talc, etc, that make them no better than normal make up. The ones mentioned as good, have virtually nothing in except the minerals, they are very pure.

I have to tell you, I originally tried a mineral make up range that I bought off QVC, absolutely loved the product, but at the time (was a while ago when mineral makeup was very new) it was too orange for me (I'm pale too). When the L'Oreal one came out I was so excited, went and bought it, and I was actually allergic to it:eek: took me 4 days to realise it was that that was making my skin crawl. I chucked it straight away.

There is a range out called Lily Lolo, lots of people are raving about it, it's not too expensive, and they do little tester pots for you to try, I think they're 99p each, so you could get a few without breaking the bank. Go to www.lilylolo.co.uk (the girl on the first page is pale, that's a good sign:green:) I'm gonna order some when I get back off holiday, to give it a go.

I really do like and would reccommend mineral make-up, but many of the store ranges do seem to be tailored away from us really pale people. It also takes a bit of getting used to applying it, but it's worth the time and practise. It's so light on your skin compared to regular make up.

Good luck hun hope you find what you're looking for x

Ohhhhh thanks for that, just checked out that site, stuff looks good and I will order a couple of little tester pots to try (how many applications from tester do you get?)....x

Latest posts

Back