make up remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz

Reaction score
HI,

Can anyone recommend a good make up remover ?(not just for the eyes but the whole face)

I also have to be very careful what i put on my skin as i break out in spots.

Thanks x

Most cleansers remove makeup like foundation, i use Freshness Cleansing Emulsion and Freshness toning lotion by Matis every day. It removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, i don't very often get spots either which is a bonus!! I use a seperate eye makeup remover, Bi-Phase Eye And Lip Make Up Remover by Matis, gets rid of even waterproof eye makeup!!

Ok thanks for that info, are these items available from places like boots? or would i have to get them from a professional make up supplier?

HI,

Can anyone recommend a good make up remover ?(not just for the eyes but the whole face)

I also have to be very careful what i put on my skin as i break out in spots.

Thanks x

I've used baby lotion for years (following on in my mum's footsteps) and i've used branded and none and found they work wonders no need for expensive brands!.

I just red a review in Red magazine on Johnstones eye make-up remover pads which they raved about but to be honest a blob of lotion on cotton wool is just as effective and a fraction of the cost.

You can get sensitive versions which might be better for your skin.

HTH

I swear by Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. Its fantastic and so easy to use... you just massage it in all over your face including eye makeup then use the pure muslin cloth which has a lovely gentle exfoliating action, to wash it off.

I've just started using it and I know longer have to use cotton pads or various products to take off my make up. Its a great all in one product and smells great and contains natural ingredients including essential oils. Particularly does not contain mineral oil so is great for you skin.

It even takes off waterproof eye makeup!

You can order online or phone up as its not sold in the shops.

Liz Earle Cosmetics Ltd

Her other products such as moisturisers etc are also fantastic and very reasonably priced.

I've used baby lotion for years (following on in my mum's footsteps) and i've used branded and none and found they work wonders no need for expensive brands!.

I just red a review in Red magazine on Johnstones eye make-up remover pads which they raved about but to be honest a blob of lotion on cotton wool is just as effective and a fraction of the cost.

You can get sensitive versions which might be better for your skin.

HTH

Although cheaper brands effectivly do the job in hand, the more expensive brands generally have better quality ingrediants which are more beneficial for your skin. Thats why they cost more!!

Although cheaper brands effectivly do the job in hand, the more expensive brands generally have better quality ingrediants which are more beneficial for your skin. Thats why they cost more!!

I am sure they are but baby lotion is good enough for a baby's skin then it's good enough for my face LOL

Don't get me wrong i use the clinque 1-2-3 step for the rest of my facial routine (with the odd Clarins thrown in here and there) but when baby lotion does they same job to remove whilst moisturising pesonally i'd rather use the pennies saved for other goodies.

Liz Earles cleanse and polish is fantastic, it takes all my makeup off even my waterproof mascara...and i wear tonnes of the stuff.
You just pump an amount in your hand put it all over your face...dry...then wipe off with a hot wet cloth...thats it....brilliant

I am sure they are but baby lotion is good enough for a baby's skin then it's good enough for my face LOL

Don't get me wrong i use the clinque 1-2-3 step for the rest of my facial routine (with the odd Clarins thrown in here and there) but when baby lotion does they same job to remove whilst moisturising pesonally i'd rather use the pennies saved for other goodies.

argghh!! Clinque products are the worst you could ever use, even worse than cheap stuff!! Thier products are so stripping my hair dresser uses it to remove hair dye stains from clients skin!!
Sorry, u can't seem to win can u. I'll just shut-up!

well thank you for your replies. I have tried baby lotion but sometimes end up with spots (my mum ends up the same if she uses it) although i will see if i can get one for sensitive skin. As for the others i think i will see if could get samples or trial sizes so that i can try them out! I quite like the sound of the cleanse and polish one!

thanks again x

Am I write in thinking that Baby oil and baby lotion are mineral based products and therefore can clog the pores in the skin.

We were advised at college not to use them because of this.

But then again, mineral based makeup supposed to be better for your skin so I am totally confused now?!?!?!

well thank you for your replies. I have tried baby lotion but sometimes end up with spots (my mum ends up the same if she uses it) although i will see if i can get one for sensitive skin. As for the others i think i will see if could get samples or trial sizes so that i can try them out! I quite like the sound of the cleanse and polish one!

thanks again x

You can get trial sizes of all liz earle products
Liz Earle Cosmetics Ltd
hth

i use dermalogica soothing makeup remover. it take off waterproof mascara. its brilliant. it costs £16.40 for a 118ml bottle but all you need is an absolute tiny bit, highly reccomened

I've just changed to No7, there's some fab offers on at Boots at the min, 3 for 2 on No7 range and if you spend over £5 you get a voucher for £5 off No7 and £3 off hair care!!! well worth a trip!!!
Ask the No7 advisor to help you pick out what's best for your skin, they are very helpful!!!

hth

argghh!! Clinque products are the worst you could ever use, even worse than cheap stuff!! Thier products are so stripping my hair dresser uses it to remove hair dye stains from clients skin!!
Sorry, u can't seem to win can u. I'll just shut-up!

Well there's not a lot I can say to this:eek:

But thanks for your comments/advise however I am very happy with Clinque and find that my skin is in very good condition and has never felt dehydrated by using it only the opposite but there you go.

Well there's not a lot I can say to this:eek:

But thanks for your comments/advise however I am very happy with Clinque and find that my skin is in very good condition and has never felt dehydrated by using it only the opposite but there you go.

if your happy with them then carry on using them, but there is a reason professional salons don't use them! Well i've never heard of a salon that uses clinique anyway, i could be wrong.

Am I write in thinking that Baby oil and baby lotion are mineral based products and therefore can clog the pores in the skin.

We were advised at college not to use them because of this.

But then again, mineral based makeup supposed to be better for your skin so I am totally confused now?!?!?!
Ooh, can anyone else clarify this please?
I'm so cheap and lazy when it comes to removing makeup that I use a baby wipe! Could this be causing spots?

i like anything that involves water....i like to foam it up and rinse away....cant stand cream cleansers, doesn't make me feel clean.

I used to use all the fab posh and expensive ones....decleor, ellimis....then after money problems i switched to cheaper brands and have noticed no difference to my skin at all...only my bank balance.

I use a basic foaming wash by ulay now and its lovely....xxx

Ooh, can anyone else clarify this please?
I'm so cheap and lazy when it comes to removing makeup that I use a baby wipe! Could this be causing spots?

Yes mineral oil based products such as baby oil does clog the pores, people who use baby oil to remove eye makeup are more likely to get milia (white spots) around the eyes.
Like the other girl though, i'm confused about mineral based make up!!!

Latest posts

Back