make-up training course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa-marie

Reaction score
hi geeks
i am looking into doing a make-up course to add on to my nail services.
which courses would you recommend?
i have been looking at 3:
vtct level 2 make-up certificate at college for 20 weeks hours per week(the only problem with this one is i don't know if i can change my shifts at work and the college is a 45 minute drive)

vtct level 2 make-up cert 1 day at south west beauty academy, apparently you do 1 days training then do portfolio work at home and go back for an assessment http://swbeauty.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=33

or vrq part-time make-up certificate at my local college which is a 10 minutes drive away, but they don't have any details about it yet, it will probably be about 3 hours a week. (is vrq good?)

i would like to know what make-up courses other geeks have done and recommend, as i don't want to make an expensive mistake.

thank you for your help
lisa x

has anybody done the south west beauty courses? are they good?

Hi Hun,
I know this was not on your list, but don't do NSI cosmetic make up course, £180 + vat, one day course, kit not the best, it is OK, but I did not learn anything I didn't already know. The educator was lovely, but the course is a bit of a rip off.
I do rate NSI with other courses nails etc but not make up.
All I really got from it was a very expensive certificate.
Best of luck with what ever you choose.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Hi Hun,
I know this was not on your list, but don't do NSI cosmetic make up course, £180 + vat, one day course, kit not the best, it is OK, but I did not learn anything I didn't already know. The educator was lovely, but the course is a bit of a rip off.
I do rate NSI with other courses nails etc but not make up.
All I really got from it was a very expensive certificate.
Best of luck with what ever you choose.
Lotsa luv x :hug:
i didn't know they did make-up, thought it was just nails!
sorry to hear the course wasn't any good, thats why i posted on here before i decide which course to do, i don't want to be making expensive mistakes.
thank you for your reply x

Hi
I am doing vtct level 2 cosmetic make up course at newcastle college it is only a six week course i am in my forth week and haqve learned eyelash eyebrow tinting lash perming applying make-up shading it has been better than i expected though i do have a geat tutor and that helps a lot. xx

Hi
I am doing vtct level 2 cosmetic make up course at newcastle college it is only a six week course i am in my forth week and haqve learned eyelash eyebrow tinting lash perming applying make-up shading it has been better than i expected though i do have a geat tutor and that helps a lot. xx
thanks for your reply, i was really considering doing the vtct course because i've allready done my health & safety and paid for my registration number with them from doing nail courses.

i just can't understand why there are loads of places offering vtct make up that vary in the length of the course, i mean the college about 45mins away from me does it as a 20 week course - but a beauty training academy about an hour or so away does it in 1 day and you just go back for an assesment! (at a higher price too!and without including a full kit!)

i think i might try to get on the 20 week course, i'm just struggling to get my shifts changed at work.
x

thanks for your reply, i was really considering doing the vtct course because i've allready done my health & safety and paid for my registration number with them from doing nail courses.

i just can't understand why there are loads of places offering vtct make up that vary in the length of the course, i mean the college about 45mins away from me does it as a 20 week course - but a beauty training academy about an hour or so away does it in 1 day and you just go back for an assesment! (at a higher price too!and without including a full kit!)

i think i might try to get on the 20 week course, i'm just struggling to get my shifts changed at work.
x

I hope you can get your shifts changed. my course is every friday 9 am till 5pm i think thats why it only lasts 6 weeks. i have really enjoyed it though.good luck in which ever course you go on I really would try vtct one though if mine is anything to go by x

I'm not sure where you are in Cornwall but check out this lady. She offers private make up courses in Devon and might be worth a look.
Home Page

Latest posts

Back