Male wants to shape his eyebrows, needs advice.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intrigue

Reaction score
:irked:
Hi.

I recently decided that I wanted to try something different with my eyebrows, so I booked an appointment (I am on a trip to a nearby city). When I arrived for my appointment, I was told that the waxer was not comfortable doing men's services! I explained that, as per my phone call when I made the appointment, all I wanted to do was get my eyebrows done. I wound up leaving the salon after being told that she was the only waxer there at the time, and she would not do them.

I have had other waxing services done, and had salons tell me that they wouldn't do services on men that required removing their pants (legs included)- but never been refused an eyebrow wax!

I thought that by going somewhere new I would get a fresh experience, rather than being turned away. I still want to get them done, but not sure what to do.

Thanks

How ridiculous!! Why don't you just Google male salon for your area. They're turning biz away. What big city do you live near?

Completely agree with Kim on this one, would they have turned a female away NOOOO, so why you?? I just don't understand it :confused:

How ridiculous!! Why don't you just Google male salon for your area. They're turning biz away. What big city do you live near?

Found a new salon, booked up until Friday though.

As I said before, I am thinking about getting them shaped. Been doing "cleanup" waxing for almost 2 years, they are about average. I have been in the mindset lately that I am willing to try anything once. That being said, is there anything I should or shouldn't do?

Thanks.

Hi,
How ridiculous to turn a client away.
I have a friend who is gay and oh so camp, I just love him.
Anyway he went to a salon near where he lives for the same, an eyebrow wax. They said NO, they didn't do men. He was sooo funny he said, I only want my eyebrows done, not my bleep bleep bikini line.
I wish he lived near to me.......There is good money to be earned in the male beauty market.
Hope the new salon treats you well, and earn themselves a new client.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

That being said, is there anything I should or shouldn't do?

Thanks.

Yeah.....keep your trousers on ! :)

Seriously, it's their job to make you feel comfortable so don't worry about it. xxx

Yeah.....keep your trousers on ! :)

Lol this from the lady with 'the sunga' !!!

No but seriously,once I have saved up and got my training with the delightful Kim I will definately be promoting myself to the male market, especially the intimate side as I belieive in certain areas there are a distinct lack of therapists offering the service.

However thats by the by, I really do not understand what the therapists problem was. To be honest I think its probably because she had not a clue how to do it and went with I feel uncomfortable rather than admit the truth that she was unsure how to proceed :eek:

Look at it this way - its their loss and its them losing business and profit!

You should be glad you got away to be honest - u may have ended up with a shoddy botch job! Now you can find a salon who pride themselves and are competent in offering services to the male market!

Good luck!!

kim x

Got them taken a bit thinner, with a little shape. Decided to play it safe (this time anyway), thanks for the advice.

Found out why the other girl wouldn't do them, wasn't anything personal. She had apparently had a bad experience with a male customer not long after she started waxing, guess the guy was really creepy. Hasn't waxed a male since.

It's a shame she had a bad experience, that can happen but i wouldn't refuse all men since then on the account of that...
On my personal opinion i like men's eyebrow to be natural, so usually i only take any hairs in the middle and clean up near the lash, if the brow is too thick, thinning them out is ok, but you have to be careful not to leabe a defined line or it will look too feminine. (Plucking some alternated hairs along the line usually solves this)

Latest posts

Back