mani q color application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

first class

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if someone could help bought the new young nails mani q colours I put it on my friends nail last night but today one chipped and then the rest peeled off can anyone help???? I put three coats of the colour on ...many thanks

I have not tried this product yet, hoping to get one finger done at Excel!

Have you watched the video tutorials on the Young Nails website? I think there are 4 videos in all.

Hi, make sure you apply thin layers, but watch the videos they are very informative, you can also find them on facebook.

I have been using it about 4 weeks now and only had one nail peel on myself due to doing it to thick, I also use the protein bond on the free edge.

I haven't used it but have watched the vid's over and over.

From what Greg says about thin application and only certain colours possibly needing 3 coats, I would say the problem is you have made it too thick.

As Greg says 'thin is in' and most of the colours only need 2 THIN layers to get full coverage.

Peeling is a sign of it being too thick.

I would agree with the rest of the replies, either too thick or not cured enough. Are you using the correct lamp? Make sure the fingers are placed properly in the lamp, some clients have a habit of pulling them out slightly so that they can see the nails while they are curing!!:eek:

Thin Thin Thin....

Hope youve solved this problem, it really is a fab product, and it was at the Brits the other night :D

xxx

Thanks everyone for your advice:hug:

here you go
Part 1 ManiQ Color
Young Nails UnitedKingdom | Facebook

Hope that works...if not join us on FaceBook
Young Nails UnitedKingdom and click on the photos and videos

Lx

Thank u so much have practised more and found it great .
:)

it really is a fantastic product .... i had my first "in fill" with Man Q and it worked! Client had the product on for 4 weeks without a single chip but loved Brown 101 so much that she wanted it reapplied so i did a Man Q in fill and voila a very happy client :)

it really is a fantastic product .... i had my first "in fill" with Man Q and it worked! Client had the product on for 4 weeks without a single chip but loved Brown 101 so much that she wanted it reapplied so i did a Man Q in fill and voila a very happy client :)

Hang on, so you infilled instead of removing and reapplying? Can you explain how you did this please.

I think I would be happier with the idea of SOG polish if you didn't have to soak off every couple of weeks.

Can this be done with other SOGs and do Young Nails recommend it?

Remeber Mani.Q is not a mixture or hybrid product, it is a true gel, so yes there is no reason you cant infill, Personally I just buffed the product down so it was almost transparent (the same as how it would look after 1 coat of colour), and filled, just like a regular infill, my first coat of colour i applied just to the fill area and my second coat i applied to the entire nail, other people may do this different to me but this is the way thats working for me.

Just have a bash and a play with your own nails, theres so much you can do with the Mani.Q, glitter, art, marbelling effect etc etc

Its soooooo much fun hehe

xxx

Hang on, so you infilled instead of removing and reapplying? Can you explain how you did this please.

I think I would be happier with the idea of SOG polish if you didn't have to soak off every couple of weeks.

Can this be done with other SOGs and do Young Nails recommend it?

I have done in fills with Gelish...... Mainly on me, occasionally on clients.

I never seem to have enough time for my own so I often do in fills to myself.

Dead easy- buff the surface, wipe with cleanse & apply.

It takes a little longer to soak off but you also have the added advantage of the extra strength from the gel underneath.

Latest posts

Back