Manicure bowls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yes she made a spelling mistake probably typing with predictive text but do we really have to keep milking it.

Help me here... I'm confused. For those that don't use water do you exfoliate? How do you remove? With heated towels? The bloody grains don't come off without using water. .....??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

And what if they have lots of grimy bits under their nails nothing like a soak to get rid of it.Or smokers finger or dry bitten picked fingers.I put a bit of eczema soak in for those people and it softens the skin a treat.You can do a mask or wrap in warm steamy towels but that takes longer.

This thread is just full of belly laughs! When i read the reply in my head I read it in a 'shouty' voice with all this talk about BOWELS!

Anyhoo, to stay on topic i use a big wooden pedi bowl from Ellisons and ladle the scrub off. It all comes off, leaving no residue.

I hope the OP doesn't mind, but just for those of you with an open mind as to why some of us don't soak any more (And those not stuck in the year 2000) this thread is a very interesting read.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/20364-manicure-without-soaking.html

But that thread is old in itself started 2005 and has people talking about soaking for ages in detergent and cutting cuticles.I think we used to use bubble bath at college with a dash of Dettol :lol:but now there are nourishing soaks,milks etc.I have an open mind and I follow Doug but I like to soak.

But that thread is old in itself started 2005 and has people talking about soaking for ages in detergent and cutting cuticles.I think we used to use bubble bath at college with a dash of Dettol :lol:but now there are nourishing soaks,milks etc.

I swear CND said in my training that before cool Blue application the client should wash their hands first.

And they do manicure soak products I presume to use.

And they do manicure soak products I presume to use.

On the video from CND they pour the milk into water and slash the fingers around in it. . So I'm guessing this probably is down to preference and the clients natural nail condition.

Ok. . They probably aren't shown slashing people's fingers. ..I meant splashing!

See,soaking so those that soak aren't stuck in the dark ages after all.If you do it carry on and feel no shame :)

For those of you that have wooden bowls, how do you disinfect/sanitise them? We have those at college and they always look dirty.

And before you ask, no we haven't been shown this at college (I don't think they know how to tbh!)

Oh god iv just laughed so hard I had tears lol

I was wondering when you soak and the nail plate swells, how long does it take to get unswollen?
Would it perhaps be possible to soak and do the luxury side without adding the polish/shellac and switch to the feet and do the same and by the time you are done with feet the water will be gone from the nails ?
Would this be possible? Some clients nit soaking would be a make it or break point with them :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

For those of you that have wooden bowls, how do you disinfect/sanitise them? We have those at college and they always look dirty.

And before you ask, no we haven't been shown this at college (I don't think they know how to tbh!)

Anti bac soap, dry and oil to keep the wood looking nice then finish with a spritz of hospital grade sanitising spray. However, college probably tip out water and put back in cupboard! *smirk*

Im new to manis but I am gonna test out the polish and soaking theories...I do find my manis that I receive after soaking dont last long at all but would be interesting to see. Also to yhise that say they do last, is this via your repeat clients and how many days of a regular polish would you get?

Sorry I know thats slightly off topic... but like someone else said, I'd rather be open to discussion on advances in treatments than just poo poo them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you really just say poo poo them on a thread talking all about bowels??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have to say even I'm laughing. The bowel with the hole had me in the floor. And no it was not a predictive text it was just me on my high horse not paying attention. Very funny though. I had to laugh. That will teach me for getting all uppity it totally backfired on me. But it is franking funny. Thanks for the laugh girls............ At my own expense lol 😛

Ps I do apologise for me post it was ridiculous. I had a something stuck in my bowel which made me full of sh*t.

Ps I do apologise for me post it was ridiculous. I had a something stuck in my bowel which made me full of sh*t.

Sounds like a touch of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)........ sorry

I am crying with laughter this thread has set me up for the day x

Latest posts

Back