Manicure & nail art..!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinkydot

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just wondering what some of you nail tech's use when applying nail art i.e. stones to polished nails, as Ive used top coat before to keep stones applied but they just move or drop off several day's later...!!!

Thanks in advance..!!

xx

I apply gems and rhinestones following application of the second coat of varnish, before the top coat. That helps to keep them put.

HTHs

Hi, On natural nails I apply them in the top coat and then do another top coat over them they stay put for ages. On enhancements I use a drop of glue to keep them in place and they last forever. hth. Claire x

I always use NSI polybond adhesive to stick rhinestones on - that stuff is indestructable lol Then I use INM Out The Door as a topcoat over everything :) My nail art designs stay put for eternity and a day ha!

Hiya, i stick my stones on to the nail with a bit of craft glue applied with the end of a cocktail stick. it only takes a couple of minutes to dry . then overcoat them x 2 with OPI top coat. Done like this the stones have not moved at all and have to be prized off when nail varnish has been removed xx

I find with good quality stones (ie swarovski ) a normal top coat isn't heavy enough to keep them on for too long, so I use a dap of gelbond and that always does the trick and they stay put for a good 2-3 weeks xx

Last edited:
I use Nailene brush on glue, (orangestick dot onto nail then stick on) Last person i put stones onto had them a fortnight!! xx

I use a dot of NSI Polybond, and then a top coat. I always have to file the gems off, they never move..xx

on larger stones it is best to put on with a drop of glue but small stones should stay on with a couple of good layers of top coat reapplied every couple of days to keep it on for longer

I use a drop of 'out the door' topcoat and then a layer of topcoat over the whole nail. I never have any problems. I did this on my nan for her birthday and she is really hard on her hands-washing up (gloveless tut tut), gardening etc, they stayed on for 3 weeks and only came off when I removed them!
x

Latest posts

Back