Manicure products for men...is there a supplier out there

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Re - my previous thread...just wondering if there is a supplier out there that sells specific products for the male manicure. (and pedicure)

Not so sure they'll want to smell of ginger bread scentsations or apple!!

Any links to websites is appreciated.

Thanks Guys

If you are a Scentsations user anyway then surely within the huge range of flavours, there will be some to suit - The Lavendar and Jojoba is really nice and some of my clients think it smells of an expensive gents aftershave - although another of my clients thinks it smells like her granny's knicker drawer LOL - we wont dwell on that one!

The Birch and Mint is also very good as a gents fragrance. What about the Cucumber - sorry I cant remember them all LOL. Alternatively you could use Solar Silk.

The Spa Manicure and Pedicure ranges are very unisex.

spa manicure is citrusy and fresh so this would appeal to men also the packaging of the products is quite unisex

I bought the Scentsation Cucumber and Aloe for Manly Manicures.

Julie

I use birch and mint Scentsations for male mani's - find it works a treat.

Shaza

Birch and Mint or Cucumber and aloe, i use them all the time.

Mike xxx

Hi there

I use EZ Flow Spa Elements and it isn't at all gender specific, not highly perfumed. The Buttermint buffing scrub smells just like Murray Mints and is good enough to eat. 5 easy steps to gorgeous, beautifully moisturised soft, silky skin.

joannerowsell said:
spa manicure is citrusy and fresh so this would appeal to men also the packaging of the products is quite unisex
As Joanne says, SpaManicure was developed to fit BOTH the male and female market. Citrus is tangy and appeals equally to both genders.

It is the same with SpaPedicure but we will soon have the addition of the 'Raw Earth' line which will also appeal hugely to men.

As for the Scentsations line, Birch and Mint is the one for me when it comes to men. It really does smell like a gorgeous aftershave .. in fact I wish they made an aftershave in that scent. More birch than mint. You must smell it to appreciate how nice it is.

I use CND products for my male clients and never had any complaints with the SpaManicure and Solar products. Haven't tried the Scentsations products... guess what I'll be ordering on Monday?! :wink2:

Minkus, I know your client is today so this is probably a bit late, but you might find the following tips to be of some use - I offer them as my humble experience only! :o

A cuticle cream is a good alternative to an oil if treating men for the first time (less fussy), and SolarBalm is a good mutli-purpose product (also a good retail item, clients love the fact that they can also use it on their lips and other areas of dry skin around the body).

I avoid soaking the nails but use a stainless steel fruit bowl (!) rather than a manicure bowl when I do soak - men's hands are generally bigger than women's and the majority of purpose-made manicure bowls are just too dainty (plus I have found that men simply don't like holding their wrists crooked over a bowl).

A standard base oil is good for a neutral massage medium if you are concerned about using scented products - I use a range called Biotone for my body massage treatments, and they do a herbal lotion which is moisturising and smells wonderfully clean and almost "clinical." I know there was some concern over massaging to the elbow expressed in a previous thread - I have never found this to be a problem, but keep it firm (I incorporate some basic acupressure techniques on the forearm, using my thumb to press at points up the muscles, which keeps the massage "unfluffy" if that makes sense!)

I buff lightly at the end of the routine, but I always ask first as some blokes don't want a high-shine nail! A matte strengthener or ridge filler is an optional alternative (men don't expect any enamel to be applied, so I offer the nail products as an optional extra for a small additional charge).

Hope that helps :biggrin: Let us know how you get on!

Thanks for all your advice, last weeks male manicure postponed till today...it went fine...he was lovely.

Thanks again for the in depth threads!

(thanks that is to everyone apart from whoever gave me bad rep points?! not sure why!??)

AmbXXX

Latest posts

Back