Manscaping and hair growth patterns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

You can tell it's been a little quiet this week - I've been working on some tips for male torso hair growth patterns and my most popular chest hair shapes.

Hope they're of interest / use to you!

Click Here > Learning

If you've got any man-client specific questions, please do ask!
Cheers, Jason.

Last edited:
Thanks Jason!

I keep a "how to" folder of all my treatments and this is perfect. Fantastic as a reminder, especially with the arrow pictures.

Out of interest, do you use regular hair clippers or the mini clippers? Also what grade would you recommend?

I've never worked in a salon that used clippers but they seem so much more time saving than trimming with scissors.

Here's hoping you'll be flat out over the next couple of weeks, with valentine's day coming up xx

Out of interest, do you use regular hair clippers or the mini clippers? Also what grade would you recommend?

I've never worked in a salon that used clippers but they seem so much more time saving than trimming with scissors.

Hey - you're most welcome!
Clippering and waxing are hell! Whatever you do first - you end up with bits of hair stuck to the waxy bits and I sometimes end up dizzy trying to wax off the bits of hair that aren't actually rooted any more!

I've not tried mini-clippers since the bits my customers want done are generally large and flat. I use Wahl Bellissima cordless clippers as there's so much more freedom to get into awkward spaces without a mains lead on the other end. These adjust by 4 settings each grade - so a medium grade 2 is fine. If your wax needs more hair to grip on - go up to a 3.

hth? Jason.

Last edited:
Brilliant resource! Thank you very much!

Excellent, will print out and laminate!
thanks for taking the time and effort.

Thanks for the info!
You can actually buy clippers now that catch the hair as you go along :)

Can't remember where i saw them now so will go and have a look and get back to you!

Thanks for the quick reply, definitely helped. You're a star!

Sounds like Angelina has filled the only problem you could think of so i expect i'll be doing some shopping soon, lol x

Another fan of clippers here! I don't know where I would be without them. Usually Grade 2 before a wax.

Another advantage of having clipper is the possibility of selling an add-on treatment. A great example is the Up & Over (Back, shoulders, chest and stomach). I have had so many clients book this and decide just to have the back & shoulders as the front will be more pain then they can bare! Hell, had one client gave up after having on side of his back done!

So I charge £50 for an Up & Over, £25 Back & Shoulders. If they decide to just stop at the shoulders I've lost £25. Not so much with my handy cordless clippers! I sell them the advantage of a trim instead, they wanted to look smoother and tidier hence booking the wax. So why not have the front trimmed down, takes the weight out and looks really good and very natural (emphasise the natural). And this is then £15, so now my £25 has turned into £40 so I'm only a tenner down!

And the same works the other way, a client books a Back & Shoulders - sometimes I can add-on a trim of the front and make an extra £15! :o)

Mat xxx

Oh, and Jason - if your at Beauty UK at the NEC the Gin's are on me! :)

Mat

Excellent, will print out and laminate!
thanks for taking the time and effort.

Just as an FYI - you'll get better looking results from photo paper - rather than ordinary. :)

Hi Jason,

That is a great learning resource.

I run a mens hair removal blog (in my sig) and just posted a link to it there. Hope you do not mind? :)

Thanks,
Leon

Hi Jason,

That is a great learning resource.

I run a mens hair removal blog (in my sig) and just posted a link to it there. Hope you do not mind? :)

Thanks,
Leon
No worries! Thanks for the heads-up!

I've just put backlinks up to all your sites - thanks for the nice words, J.

Latest posts

Back