Marian Newman rant!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi,

Well i'm home alone just got in from a long day shopping it was great i did get a little annoyed tho so because theres no-one home i'm gunna moan at you guys (sorry)

I went into town today to buy a few nail tech books and i went into warterstones and ended up having a speech about Marian Newman!

Well i went in and asked the sales lady if she had any nail tech books so she shows me where they are and i said "I'm looking for a book by Miriam Newman" well she looked me up and down and said:

"well your committed to learning arn't you! it's Marian Newman not Miriam Newman my sister is a nail tech and she has told me that Marian Newman is one of the best Nail Tech's there is, are you sure this is the carrer for you i mean your not even sure of the name of the best nail tech out there what would your clients say if they asked you about a product and you gave them a wrong name of something!"

So i look at her and say " Lets get two things straight i'm number 1 I'm paying your wages honey so i suggest you find me the book and don't pass comment!"

" and number 2 I'm damn good at what i do yes i'm still learning but do you know what i'm not gunna spend the next 45 years working in a book shop i'm actully going to do something with my life!"

"Oh and another thing i want to speak to your boss!"

So this new age hippie comes over and i tell him whats said and he says "Oh i know shes very passionate!"

Passionate shes a gobby little sh*te!

So thats my rant over i can't believe the attitude of some people!

Hi!
Sooooooooooo sorry to hear you had a bad day,hope you have a better day tomorrow.the book you wanted is a really good book it is by Marian Newman.i do hope you get it sometime unless you've got already!.

Hi,

I got it today it's called the complete nail tech!

It looks really good

got one too.
it is on my bedside table...........mmmmmmmnnn how romantic am i

joanne i had doug schoons book on my bedside table for a while :eek: :) it's still not made it downstairs to the bookcase....it's in my bedside drawer (for when i need a quick fix) :lol: LOLOL infact u just reminded me cos I was wondering where I had put it lol

I Have The Older Book Is It Worth Buying The Updated Version?

Oh Glittergirl, you poor thing! Good for you for what you said to that girl who was obviously too far up her own a**e to bother to do what she's paid for & help people. Maybe you shouldv'e shoved the book up there too if there was enough room with her head, ha ha. Shop assistants like that annoy me because I have worked in shops for years now & enjoy going that extra mile to help people find what they need. It makes me feel good helping people so I can't understand why some need to look down at others. It gives the good ones a bad name. On a similar note, I wonder if many geeks have had a bad experience with clients attitudes due to the way they've been treated by other techs

That was so rude of that woman. What's worse is that it seems to be tolerated by her manager.

Customer service, anyone?

I haven't read the previous edition but i haven't put the book down yet i covers everything from manicure to media work.

It's great i would recommend it to anyone.

how rude!! Its one thing correcting a little mistake, like saying, do you mean marian, we all make mistakes. But telling you because you accidently said the wrong name you shouldnt be doing nails! How rude!!!! I would find it hard not to hit her over the head with said book!!! LOL!

Good on you for telling her what you think!

michelle-d said:
I Have The Older Book Is It Worth Buying The Updated Version?
it is well worth getting.(i have first edition also)
the pictures are amazing and it also goes into more depth.
the manicure and pedicure chapters are brill................well the whole book is brill

TracyUK said:
joanne i had doug schoons book on my bedside table for a while :eek: :) it's still not made it downstairs to the bookcase....it's in my bedside drawer (for when i need a quick fix) :lol: LOLOL infact u just reminded me cos I was wondering where I had put it lol
you can either find my nail books like i said on my bedside or..............(cringe) in the bathroom next to the loo :o

joannerowsell said:
you can either find my nail books like i said on my bedside or..............(cringe) in the bathroom next to the loo :o
ditto, and my nail mags too!

Obviously this woman is sooooo perfect she has never made a simple mistake in her life.

Apart from getting out of bed that day!

She should be thankful that you are asking for the book so you can leran as much as you can from one so respected. how many other techs out there don't even know Marian (or is that Miriam??) exists!

B x

Well actually........I'll let you into a secret ;)
I drove all over the country, stopped at every bookshop I found and bunged the shop assistants a few quid to promote the book. I seem to remember I only had a 'tenner' left in one of the Birmingham. Must have given her a good night out :D

How embarassing :o I just write 'em.

Thank you so much for so many lovely comments. I am really pleased so many of you Geeks have found it helpful and readable.

Marian

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you write the books!
I had no idea i feel a bit silly now:o
Well the book i brought is fabulous absolutly fantastic.

Oh i feel a right plonker now hope i have offended you in anyway by posting this thread.
mum said:
Well actually........I'll let you into a secret ;)
I drove all over the country, stopped at every bookshop I found and bunged the shop assistants a few quid to promote the book. I seem to remember I only had a 'tenner' left in one of the Birmingham. Must have given her a good night out :D

How embarassing :o I just write 'em.

Thank you so much for so many lovely comments. I am really pleased so many of you Geeks have found it helpful and readable.

Marian

Jodie, you absolutely did not offend me by your thread :D I think the treatment by the shop assistant is apalling!

Still glad you still bought the book and like it.

It's actually a funny thread and now full of nice things for me so thank you for it

Miriam
xx

Hiya,

I cannot beleive a shop assistamnt spoke to you like that, its absolutly disgusting. Whatever happened to customer service??

marian Or (Miriam's) LOL book is fantastic and a must for all technicians, it has everything you ever need to know about the wanderfull world of nails.

Amanda

p.s my step by steps i did look great apart from them (not marian) for getting my name wrong, ahh well never mind LOL

I looked for it at Excel but the book people there said they sold out in about 1/2 hour.

Tried local bookshops and net but everywhere was showing 4-6 weeks delivery :cry:. I was told it wouldn't be available until the September.

It's on my birthday pressie though (at the top!) so hopefully come Monday I will have it in my clutches :D

Keeping fingers crossed

B x

Bryony said:
I looked for it at Excel but the book people there said they sold out in about 1/2 hour.

Tried local bookshops and net but everywhere was showing 4-6 weeks delivery :cry:. I was told it wouldn't be available until the September.

It's on my birthday pressie though (at the top!) so hopefully come Monday I will have it in my clutches :D

Keeping fingers crossed

B x
i got mine off the internet from habia........forgot their web address it should be in septembers nail magazine or another geek will know it.....
anyhow ordered mine on the net from them on the monday and it arrived wednesday morning

Latest posts

Back