martinis and manicures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachaelg

Reaction score
Hi nail geeks,
I'm trying to find nail techs in the UK who do martini and manicure nights for an article I'm writing for Professional Nails. They are really common in America but I've only found a couple here. Have you run a manicure night in a bar/pub/club or have you been to one (I know I'd like to!)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Rachael x
[email protected]

Hi,

No I haven't done any of these but it sounds very interesting. I'll do a search, lol.

Lx

That sounds cool but I'd prefer maybe a merlot and manicure!

I'd spill it if I tried to do a manicure and drink a martini at once :wink2:

Sorry I'm being silly - bad Trin :smack:

I have never heard of one...but I think it is a fab idea....!!!

Any Geeks in South Wales want to set up for an evening in a Cardiff bar doing manicures for all the ladies on their night out with me???

Pm me if you are up for it...I am serious!!!

That sounds a fab idea, pity I wasnt living closer to cardiff, but I might ask a few of ther girls in college once we,ve qualified (only a couple more weeks ) we could set one up in our little town....

this sounds wonderful........how do u go about doing this ? think if i go set up stall in my local pub they might not be pleased lol do u need a licence or just permission from the owner etc ? ? ? ?

I'm not sure of your laws, but here's how it works over here, you can get an event permit and hold you martini & manicure in the bar or hotel, or you can purchase an alcohol permit (they vary state to state for liquer laws) and hold it in your salon. Most states here will only grant temporary beer and wine permits, you must petition to buy a hard alcohol permit. Nevada anything goes, they usually have a no host bar at hair/nail expo's and you can drive through the liquer store. Utah is a little stricter, you have to belong to a private club to drink alcohol, so it would be very unlikely to hae an event such as this in Utah. (no offense GMG, but those utah people are a little up tight)

Jeni Giles said:
I'm not sure of your laws, but here's how it works over here, you can get an event permit and hold you martini & manicure in the bar or hotel, or you can purchase an alcohol permit (they vary state to state for liquer laws) and hold it in your salon. Most states here will only grant temporary beer and wine permits, you must petition to buy a hard alcohol permit. Nevada anything goes, they usually have a no host bar at hair/nail expo's and you can drive through the liquer store. Utah is a little stricter, you have to belong to a private club to drink alcohol, so it would be very unlikely to hae an event such as this in Utah. (no offense GMG, but those utah people are a little up tight)
it sounds like a great idea though, i will have a look into it, my auntie has a pub i will ask see if she could find anything out.....wouldnt have it at hers though its full of old men lol cant imagine a manicure would go down well lol

Wouldn't this work better if offered in people's homes like a pamper party? That way there's no need to worry about permission or licensing laws. Just a thought. Sounds like a good idea tho.

As Im only going to be qualified to do manicures and pedicures im going to do this and aim it at children to start with im in the process of getting my leaflets sorted im trying to do a few myself to start, im going to call them
Dinky Divas,
Manicure/pedicure
nail art party's
for your little lady's,

nicjill said:
Wouldn't this work better if offered in people's homes like a pamper party? That way there's no need to worry about permission or licensing laws. Just a thought. Sounds like a good idea tho.

That sounds good Sharron..I like the name!

Hi Rachel,

Aparently, Wednesday night is the local martini/manicure night here in Hermosa. I'm hoping to go Wednesday week with my sister.

If it's not too late for your article I'll let you know what it's like! :D

Kx

Rachaelg said:
Hi nail geeks,
I'm trying to find nail techs in the UK who do martini and manicure nights for an article I'm writing for Professional Nails. They are really common in America but I've only found a couple here. Have you run a manicure night in a bar/pub/club or have you been to one (I know I'd like to!)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Rachael x
[email protected]

Hi Rachael

I havent done any martinis and manicures but I have put together my own "PAMPER PARTY" where I do manicures, mini pedicures, hand treatments, nail art etc for a max of 4 ladies while they sip whatever alcoholic drink they desire.

I find them very enjoyable and a nice little earner to!

I can also promote my business as a whole and quite often manage to get a new client to boot.

Heather XX

A local tavern contacted me about doing just this. I pull the mobile salon up to the door, guests pay the bartender for the martini and the manicure. I do a mini manicure with no nipping to speed things up. At the end of the night the tavern pays me. We have been doing this every Thursday night since December 2004, and it goes quite well. I average 8 manicures during an evening and have done as many as 16. Good steady gig and everyone is happy. Works out great for "ladies night" and also draws a lotta guys to the tavern who spend lots drinking and watching the freshly manicured women

Hi ya Geeks:D

Team Spa Experience Australia NSW caters to exactly these types of events and more.

Sunday 29th of May we attended the local race course.
I sponser the Clubfestivus Events held at State wide Race Tracks.

First gig at the races attended by my distributer Christina Farrugia.
[Photo in my gallery]
Distributer of the Year CND was a HUGE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Response from:
OHS Cordinators - Day Spa Retreats - Jockeys - Strappers.

Enabling a Unique Point of Sale.
We Feature & Use only CND products.
Promote the Corporate Message:
Clubfestivus & Team Spa Experience.

Onward & Upward
Love N Hugs
XX J XX

me and a hairdressing friend have advertised manicure/hair/tan for hen nights/formals/balls we have advertised a night out with the girls starting at the salon with wine etc then do them all up then send them on there merry way to the pub/nightclub but not had any response to the ads just yet will keep you posted if we do our 1st one xxx

Thank you for all your posts, been very helpful and funny! Maybe there should be a new competition at the shows to find the nail tech who is best at not spilling their drink while doing a manicure... ;)
Rachael xx

Trinity Nails said:
I'd spill it if I tried to do a manicure and drink a martini at once :wink2:

Sorry I'm being silly - bad Trin :smack:
Well done Trin you were quoted in the mag...v funny...lol xxx

Latest posts

Back