Massaging a hairy male client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I only usually do females cos I work in a ladies gym. but I have promised a friend of mine a massage but he is mega hairy! what product would you use? oil?

looking forward to your replies :hug:

Ruth x

If he is very hairy I would try talc as a massage medium. Oil can drag the hair and make it quite uncomfortable.

JMO :)

or mix oil with the cream and make a lotion x

Thanks for your replies :hug:

Jen would talc be as effective? would I still get the slip for my hands...I mean would my hands glide over his body ok with talc?

Thanks for your replies :hug:

Jen would talc be as effective? would I still get the slip for my hands...I mean would my hands glide over his body ok with talc?

Yes, it is quite effective with a hairy client. :hug:

Hi Hun
I can't advise, but good luck.........better if he was waxed 1st.........can't you just tell I don't like hairy men!!!!!!!!!!!
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

My husband is extremely hairy and i love a hairy chest:). I don't do massage so i can only comment on when i have massaged my husband. I've never had a problem using massage cream on him or baby oil. i do tend to find that the cream absorbs quickly but i don't know if that's from a hairy chest or not-i just use more cream! Can't say i've ever used talc-it would probably make me sneeze. I would try it but i moan enough at him from leaving dust in the bathroom when he uses talc and i'm not having dust in my bedroom too!:lol:

When I was training to do massage... talc, along with oil and cream were the three criteria products you had to use at some stage during building your portfolio.

I don't use it very often, but when I have had to use it, I have found talc to be quite effective with very hairy men, in particular Mediterranean and Asian skin types that have long dark hair. I don't use tons of it.. but I have had comments from my clients that they didn't feel as much drag with the talc. I use professional talc that contains no perfume.

HTH

I can't stand using talc, so never use it, but have massaged plenty of hairy men over the years. You just need a little more oil than you would do with someone who is 'hair free'

Hi Hun
I can't advise, but good luck.........better if he was waxed 1st.........can't you just tell I don't like hairy men!!!!!!!!!!!
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Ooooooh I love hairy men:lol: this one is gorgeous too:green:
I will let you knpw how I get on with him.

Think I will try the talc:hug:

I agree, I have a had a few male clients for full body massage and i tend to use Talc as a medium, however on their back i find that it does not give you as much of a glide so i would reccommend an Emulsion :).
xoxox

I agree, I have a had a few male clients for full body massage and i tend to use Talc as a medium, however on their back i find that it does not give you as much of a glide so i would reccommend an Emulsion :).
xoxox

I'll get the paint out then! Shame my husband isn't called Matt:lol:

Personally I'd refuse to let anyone massage me with Talc!! I can't imagine anything much worse for a massage.

I massage many men from silky smooth to total gorrillas! The best product to use is a Tui Massage Wax (available from Tui Massage Wax & Balmes) - originally from New Zealand Andy now has the license to manufacturer them in the UK. Amazing products and used by Premier League football teams! If you give them a call you can open a Trade account to order at trade prices - no minimum order qty's, just postage charges.

Mat

Personally I'd refuse to let anyone massage me with Talc!! I can't imagine anything much worse for a massage.

I massage many men from silky smooth to total gorrillas! The best product to use is a Tui Massage Wax (available from Tui Massage Wax & Balmes) - originally from New Zealand Andy now has the license to manufacturer them in the UK. Amazing products and used by Premier League football teams! If you give them a call you can open a Trade account to order at trade prices - no minimum order qty's, just postage charges.

Mat

I completly agree with Matt.
I love tui massage wax and balms, I actucally posted a thread on here a while ago with all their details think I titled it "just wanted to share" maybe if you want to you could search it.
Here are their phone numbers; 07883063677 or 01749860387
I cant recommend these massage waxes enough, I too have a few hairy male clients and find these work a treat.

HTH

Emma x:hug:x

I'm not sure where the talc thing comes from - I hated having massage with talc & have never found being massaged with oils or balms a problem, even though I have fairly hairy legs. I think it's like the old stomach massage causes spontaneous erections fallacy (it's certainly never happened to me!), it gets spread about regardless of any basis in reality!

At college we had to use talc as one of the required mediums to pass the course and I have used it on a couple of occasions since running my own salon very successfully.

I too prefer to use an oil medium generally and have used it on hairier clients with success too... the talc is just another option.

We all work differently and find our own style.. that's not to say one way is better than another. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back