Master Spa Manicure & Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateyork1

CND Grand Master Geek!!!
Reaction score
Hi there all

Can anybody tell me how much in depth the Spa Manicure and Pedicure goes - I'm doing mine in July and August but want to do some reading up on it before I go so any help would be gratefully received! Thanks Kate xx

WHat a great thread! Would help lots!!! Seeing as we both on it! x

Let you knwo soon Kate doign my manicure in April and Pedicure in May.
x

cutiecuticles said:
WHat a great thread! Would help lots!!! Seeing as we both on it! x

Thats what I thought hun - there must be loads of people taking it at some time or another and would be really good to do some reading up on certain things before hand and get some prior knowledge. Really looking forward to doing it.

Thanks Lucia, when is it you're doing it hun? xx

The Spa Manicure & Pedicure Courses are very enjoyable. You work on each other so it is nice for us to get a bit of pampering for a change. However, I have only done the old course and I don't know how they differ from the master spa classes. In any case, I'm sure you'll all have perfect tootsies afterwards. The Spa products certainly transformed my feet and those of my clients.:hug:

i'm doign the manicure one on april 25th and the pedicure on may 2nd i bleive their is a lot more anatomy and physiology ive got enough problems spellig them let alone doing them lol

I have only done the spa mani so far as when I did this course with my daughter she had worked the night before at a nursing home and was too tired to contiue all afternoon with the spa pedi... so I think I will have to do them again and combine them both in..

I would be interested to know about the mani and pedi master courses too when anyone gets some credible info .... ta in advance :)

scattyfox said:
i'm doign the manicure one on april 25th and the pedicure on may 2nd i bleive their is a lot more anatomy and physiology ive got enough problems spellig them let alone doing them lol

I've got my Master Mani on 5th July and Pedi on 9th August. Yeah I'd heard it was alot more Anatomy and Physiology. Spelling - lol, you'll be ok as long as you don't have to type it!! :wink2:

Ive got mine coming up too. From what Ive found out so far, there is a lot of anatomy. I think its going to be the hardest one for me as its learning the ingredients in each of the products and their purposes. I'm not very good with sitting down and memorising reading material so it was suggested to me to draw a fish tank and use a picture to illustrate a product so that it would make me think of the ingredients. So something like sea salt glow could be a glowing sea salt shaker, sea scrub could be represented by a scrubbing brush and so on. One that Amanda (aka Mandini) told me for cuticle remover was a bottle of it with a bow tie (meaning professional cuticle remover).

So get back to those scholl days girlies of remembering how to spell all those long words:Scared: :Scared: :Scared:

Lol Emma, I think everybody has to find what works for them in learning things - if that works for you then its cool - might give it a try myself! xx

Sounds like a good idea to me too, i normally have to write things down dozens of times to remember them but visualization sounds much better to me.

I am doing my spa manicure pedicure to day at creative. excited, its supposed to be a great day. let you know how i get on.
Hope there isnt lots of writing and stuff, am rubbish at that.

I'm also looking to do my spa masters asap so this thread has been useful thanks. I'm not looking forward to the theory either - I understand it all, it's just remembering it all that's the problem!! Good luck guys. I might even see some of you if I can get booked in soon!

Ive just done mine monday & tuesday, really enjoyed it although i did get a little stressed out with the anatomy, i had to learn the bone structure of the hand & arm along with the bone structure of the foot & lower leg. Also had to learn about the hair follical, sebacious gland, epidermis layers, dermis, subcontanious layre, hair shaft, errector pili muscle, nerve endings, sweat gland, main root capilary & artery.

The easiest way i remembered the hand and foot was wrist is carpal bones then metacarpals, phalanges & distal phalanges (carpals, metacarpals .....car for driving, u use yr hands)

The feet tarsals then metatarsals etc etc, (think of the ground & yr walking on tar)

Hope this helps a little, good luck to you all :hug:

Sorry to jump into the thread with a different question, but when you all did the spa mani/pedi induction course (not the masters) what did it say on your certificates? I just got mine today and it says "Hand Beauty" on one and "Foot Beauty" on the other. I was under the impression they would say Spa Manicure & Spa Pedicure? Not that it matters, just wondered if this was new wording?

Hi suzi im still waiting for my certificate as ive only just passed this week

Zuise.e said:
Sorry to jump into the thread with a different question, but when you all did the spa mani/pedi induction course (not the masters) what did it say on your certificates? I just got mine today and it says "Hand Beauty" on one and "Foot Beauty" on the other. I was under the impression they would say Spa Manicure & Spa Pedicure? Not that it matters, just wondered if this was new wording?

I got my certificates last week and mine say Hand/Foot Beauty,yes i thought it would mention Spa.Thanks for bringing this up as mine were still in the envolope and i never noticed when i recived them(need eyes checking out).

Zuise.e said:

Did you have a fab day? As you know I was booked on for the same day, but I had to re-arrange as I went into hospital for an Op. I can't do mine now until May 30th :cry: . What a gutter!!! I had hoped that I might be able to get my hands on the kit to have a play before the course, but I can't so I shall have to wait. I am really looking forward to it.

rjryan said:
Did you have a fab day? As you know I was booked on for the same day, but I had to re-arrange as I went into hospital for an Op. I can't do mine now until May 30th :cry: . What a gutter!!! I had hoped that I might be able to get my hands on the kit to have a play before the course, but I can't so I shall have to wait. I am really looking forward to it.

I loved it!! When we did one foot on each other, I wasn't totally convinced that my one foot that I had done would feel different all day (as the trainer said it would!) but that evening my foot still felt really nice!! It was so relaxing - we were all yawning our heads off!!

Remember that the Master courses are designed to make you a Master so don't excreete from your suderiferous gland (in other words, don't sweat it). If you already knew it when you went to the course, what would be the point of it!?!? You will be shown all you need to know and have plenty of time to Master it if you want to take a MQ in CreativeSpa.

Have fun :)

Latest posts

Back