Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 55763View attachment 55764
Another update everyone. My Megamix Nail wraps lasted approx 9 days and unfortunately started to chip. I think it's because my nails were too weak. I have tried again this time I have used a layer of Calgel as the base for some strength then used the Megamix over the top... Will keep you posted on how that works out. Had another play last week, this time with extensions, I used a Calgel base for strength then two layers of Megamix with OPI short story then a layer of Glaze. Added a little free hand nail art just in time for Valentines!!!!

Did you buy the base and top coat too or just the megamix???

This is my first Megamix, Wildfire & violet pearl additive. I also used a dappen dish, a gel brush but would use an old shellac one in future as I more used to applying like a polish. I found it only needed two coats and although others said it was a bit thick to apply I didn't find it so at all, if anything I found it a little runnier than some of my Shellac!

It covered beautifully and gave me the exact same colour and highly pearlised effect I get from layering and because the colour is all the way through it shouldn't "wear" at the edges to show the red underneath, which always bugs me!

I'm not sure if you can see the colours too well in the pictures but its a much deeper, richer pink than Tutti Frutti (the one at the bottom).

Karaxxx

love !!! :Love::Love:

Cool do you have a timeframe? I really want some :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

me too ! definite ! :)

I think this is a refreshing approach regarding how you're selling your product and I agree with everything you say in that if a non pro is going to buy a pro product it doesn't mean that they're going to be able to use it well anyway so I don't see it as a threat to professionals.

I second this

gelpolishthinner_250x250.png

martin could you use this with megamix to help it out a little in the dappen dish or for the techs that think it is slightly thick

Ordered mine today and I have to say that the customer service was brilliant - I made a mistake with my address and Martin went out of his way to correct it and make sure my parcel was despatched today. I can't wait to start experimenting!

I got my megamix today and tried it on a few colour pops but applied it with a gel brush but felt like I was wiping to much colour away , I did 3 coats but was slightly lighter than the normal polish would look like ,

What have you all been using to apply it??

Tracy x

CND Master painter

gelpolishthinner_250x250.png

martin could you use this with megamix to help it out a little in the dappen dish or for the techs that think it is slightly thick
I would not recommend using this product it is likely to be solvent based and just breakdown the megamix. If you find the megamix too thick mix in more polish or just apply more pressure with your brush :)

I got my megamix today and tried it on a few colour pops but applied it with a gel brush but felt like I was wiping to much colour away , I did 3 coats but was slightly lighter than the normal polish would look like ,

What have you all been using to apply it??

Tracy x

CND Master painter
you can use an old gel polish brush or just do as you were doing but apply a little less pressure on 2nd and 3rd coat :)

Ordered mine today and I have to say that the customer service was brilliant - I made a mistake with my address and Martin went out of his way to correct it and make sure my parcel was despatched today. I can't wait to start experimenting!
Thanks for that geordie handbag
I aim to please :)

View attachment 55763View attachment 55764
Another update everyone. My Megamix Nail wraps lasted approx 9 days and unfortunately started to chip. I think it's because my nails were too weak. I have tried again this time I have used a layer of Calgel as the base for some strength then used the Megamix over the top... Will keep you posted on how that works out. Had another play last week, this time with extensions, I used a Calgel base for strength then two layers of Megamix with OPI short story then a layer of Glaze. Added a little free hand nail art just in time for Valentines!!!!
Remember when megamix is mixed it is only a finish ( like regular polish) so as you say you may have needed a little more strength your nails may have been too weak, you could have added extra strength with just raw megamix, as you did with the calgel ,but what you did will work too.
keep mixing and keep posting
:)

Martin you are killing me! Your product looks amazing i am DYING for some please ship to canada i want to wear vinylux married to mauve in gel!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Martin you are killing me! Your product looks amazing i am DYING for some please ship to canada i want to wear vinylux married to mauve in gel!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

You and me both!

Been keeping up with this thread. I have just bought some as have a few vinylux colours that I'm keen to use as a gel and don't have them in Shellac. Excited!! :)

Martin, sorry I can't remember if you've said already but, how long is delivery? I ordered Tuesday evening. Currently have naked nails (the shame lol) and I can't wait to receive it :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Happy feet

I try and send same day ( but if you ordered late then it won't go till the next day)
I send second class ( don't think first is any quicker) and it is usually pretty good form this end so your item will have gone out yesterday hopefully be with you Friday but there are no guarantees we are at the mercy of the postal service I am afraid !

No that's fine thank you, I'm just an impatient nail geek! Can't wait :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

you can use an old gel polish brush or just do as you were doing but apply a little less pressure on 2nd and 3rd coat :)

Thank you Martin I'll give it a go and post some pictures x

CND Master painter

It took just 2 working days for my megamix to arrive from the point of placing the order. I'm pretty pleased with that! I'd prefer to keep postage costs low.

Just a little question for Martin -should packages not have an ID8000 label??
Don't want you (or me!) getting in trouble with the postman!!

Restrictions that apply to items posted with Royal Mail. | Royal Mail Group Ltd
http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Example-ID8000-Label_0.pdf

Anyway, I'm sooo happy to have received my megamix!!! Have to wait till tonight to have a proper play but I already dug through all my nail varnishes and set out some additive/glitter/mica combinations I want to try!!! Will be sure to post pics of the results on here and on the facebook page. :biggrin

Latest posts

Back