Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another done with neon pigment. Need to get the mix ratio right as three coats and not completely opaque but I'm still really pleased. The photo is much brighter than in real life as got flash on camera.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love the neon! Is that on normal nail? (no white/cream puff underneath)?

Straight on the nail lovey. Ive used the flash so in daylight it's not as neon though x

Just a quick question. Could you use the gel (pot) just clear on its own as a bit of extra strength under gel polish? Like Brisa smoothing gel sort of thing?

Just a quick question. Could you use the gel (pot) just clear on its own as a bit of extra strength under gel polish? Like Brisa smoothing gel sort of thing?

Yes I read that you can.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the speedy delivery of Megamix I'm loving it. Just a quick query, I currently use Shellac so have been using my base and top coat. I would like to in the next couple of weeks purchase your base and top coat, the only thing that puts me off, so to speak, is that currently with Shellac I don't buffing the natural nail when I apply the Shellac base coat and that's why my clients love Shellac and so do I. Can I check, does your base coat require a light buff or can it be used without buffing the natural nail?

Many thanks

Laura

Waffle it's exactly like brisa smoothing gel, and can be used to turn any gel polish into a power gel polish smoothing out imperfections adding a little strength a little arch in a spoon shaped nail etc ( not an arch as such but just. A bit of rounded smoothnes).
Absolutely
:) :) :)

And actually I find this easier to do with the brush and the bottle just (its the same gel) just teasing it over but whatever works for you :) absolutely perfect for this :)

Thank you :)
Now just need to guess how strong it will be lol
You will have to just gauge it for strength and compare it with thickness, it is quite strong but its a flexible strength as a pose to a rigid strength.

It's not strong enough to sculpt with (unless you make it as thick s a brick !!!) but it just adds a bit of body.

Because you don't want thick nails but sometimes a regular gel polish is just a little bit too thin.

:)

Hi Martin

Thanks for the speedy delivery of Megamix I'm loving it. Just a quick query, I currently use Shellac so have been using my base and top coat. I would like to in the next couple of weeks purchase your base and top coat, the only thing that puts me off, so to speak, is that currently with Shellac I don't buffing the natural nail when I apply the Shellac base coat and that's why my clients love Shellac and so do I. Can I check, does your base coat require a light buff or can it be used without buffing the natural nail?

Many thanks

Laura
If you prep the nail absolutely thoroughly super clean no excess keratin, you may be able to get away with no buffing. ( I've done no buffing and achieved a good result, and have had other people trial no buffing and got great results) but not always sure if other tecs prep is as good as mine, in which case a light buff is a little bit of insurance, I don't want people not buffing then complaining that their nails only last 10 days etc.

If you go back to earlier pages in this thread I have outlined prep on a person by person basis.

If a client is very dry they don't need the same prep as a person who is oily so you need to asses it case by case.

Your welcome to try it :) but if you love the results your getting with your shellac base stick with it, and just incorporate megamix and amaze glaze as additional steps :)

Brilliant thanks Martin. That's great information :) xxx

You will have to just gauge it for strength and compare it with thickness, it is quite strong but its a flexible strength as a pose to a rigid strength.

It's not strong enough to sculpt with (unless you make it as thick s a brick !!!) but it just adds a bit of body.

Because you don't want thick nails but sometimes a regular gel polish is just a little bit too thin.

That's great, thank you. Would be brilliant if I could substitute BL smoothing gel with this instead as much cheaper. Would I be ok putting it over the Brisa Lite basecoat (which goes on before the smoothing gel)? Or would it work better and be stronger using it over the amazing base?
I've just ordered a pot by the way :)
Thanks for your help. I'll know who you are at Prof Beauty as you'll prob be a lonesome bloke besieged by curious geeks firing megamix questions at you hahahaha

That's great, thank you. Would be brilliant if I could substitute BL smoothing gel with this instead as much cheaper. Would I be ok putting it over the Brisa Lite basecoat (which goes on before the smoothing gel)? Or would it work better and be stronger using it over the amazing base?
I've just ordered a pot by the way :)
Thanks for your help. I'll know who you are at Prof Beauty as you'll prob be a lonesome bloke besieged by curious geeks firing megamix questions at you hahahaha
Either was over brisa lite base or amazin base. -Amazin base is a really good base coat or should I say its Amazin !!!!!

Either was over brisa lite base or amazin base. -Amazin base is a really good base coat or should I say its Amazin !!!!!

And does the amazing base soak off easily like the Brisa Lite?

And does the amazing base soak off easily like the Brisa Lite?
I have not done trials to compare but it does soak off easily :)

4 weeks wear. No chipping or wearing on the ends at all!! have to change it because the growth is too much lol. brilliant product :)

Attachments

• 4weeks.jpg
    4weeks.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 339
  • 4week.jpg
    4week.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 347
4 weeks wear. No chipping or wearing on the ends at all!! have to change it because the growth is too much lol. brilliant product :)

That's brilliant! What was the soak off process like? What base/top coat did you use ? X

Ive just soak off with one of my clients trialing it, she absolutely loved it, got 2 weeks wear with no chips or signs of wear. I used there base and top coat and made a glitter mix....I think I applied it a bit thick but soak off was great, I buffed off top layer and wrapped in foil, waited 5 mins and they just came away easily....so happy :) x
avedyjyj.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Ive just soak off with one of my clients trialing it, she absolutely loved it, got 2 weeks wear with no chips or signs of wear. I used there base and top coat and made a glitter mix....I think I applied it a bit thick but soak off was great, I buffed off top layer and wrapped in foil, waited 5 mins and they just came away easily....so happy :) x
avedyjyj.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5 mins ???

Even Shellac doesn't remove that quickly

I've been waiting and reading, that's it I can't wait any longer....I need this product in my life (just don't tell my husband I'm spending mor money) lol

My bottle arrived today, looking forward to a play this week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back