Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got myself rared up for a wax today... But it was fully booked soooo next year then! I'm such a wuss! I have given birth but still can't bare to be waxed! Only started plucking my eyebrows a month ago!!

Ooooops totally the wrong thread! My bad! Lol

MM with navy polish, and cream puff polka dots :D

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403396341626.jpg
    1403396341626.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 375
Thank you for the suggestions, think I need to practise more to get the hang of this ;)

CND additives I've found need to squashed to remove any lumps whilst mixing (holly aka fingernail fixer mentions this in a video she has on you tube). If your still getting a problem maybe try a pestle and mortar to grind just the additive before adding to the mm (CND recommend this on darker colour additives on some of their videos on you tube) or possibly try a little tea bag strainer to sieve any lumps out (never tried 2nd suggestion so not sure if that would work) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tried with eyeshadow tonight! Absolutely love this colour!!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403895919.048251.jpg
My enhancements are still intact bar my left thumb which had to be replaced (done good saying I have been in the pool everyday this week etc, still got 2 weeks out of it!)

Tried with eyeshadow tonight! Absolutely love this colour!!! View attachment 68985
My enhancements are still intact bar my left thumb which had to be replaced (done good saying I have been in the pool everyday this week etc, still got 2 weeks out of it!)

Your nails look lovely! I followed your lead and tried enhancements on myself (this photo was taken after a week), they've been on 10 days now with no signs of budging, yeay! I had a bit of difficulty with the apex, I tried it a couple of different ways - first building up the apex in uncured clear MM & then tried building it up on top of cured clear MM. On a couple of nails I was left with a little bump on the apex, this is probably because I'm a newbie at enhancements, any advice would be welcome!

Photo a bit blurry, I've a rubbish camera on my phone!

Attachments

• MM Enhancement.jpg
    MM Enhancement.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 253
They look lovely! I do one all over layer then one lump that a smooth as much as possible and then another all over layer filling in any bits that need it. Curing inbetween each layer. Then I remove the tacky layer and file any imperfections if needed. If you do this make sure you buff is all over so before you apply the colour else it can peel.

They look lovely! I do one all over layer then one lump that a smooth as much as possible and then another all over layer filling in any bits that need it. Curing inbetween each layer. Then I remove the tacky layer and file any imperfections if needed. If you do this make sure you buff is all over so before you apply the colour else it can peel.

This iv got to try.
Just one question: when you say buff at the end before you add colour, do you mean buff as in to make it shiny?

This iv got to try.
Just one question: when you say buff at the end before you add colour, do you mean buff as in to make it shiny?

I think she means refine the gel as you would with l&p or hard gel enhancements and then leave a rough surface for the mm gel polish to adhere to. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This iv got to try.

No don't make it shiney. Needs to be rough, only if you have removed the tacky layer to file. Helps the polish adhere to the enhancement you have just created

Great advice, thanks! So did you apply nail polish over the MM or a polish/MM mix? If it's polish only, what do you use for your top coat? I didn't think of doing it that way, I mixed MM with shimmer pigment for my colour xx

No I still use MM for the polish but I mix it with whatever I want for my colour. So this one is a black eyeshadow. I just don't mix it with anything to create the enhancement so it's at it's strongest

How long do you cure each layer for?

I'd be really interested to try this, do you think it would work just as well by sculpting out onto a form? (only a little extra length, not lots).

No I still use MM for the polish but I mix it with whatever I want for my colour. So this one is a black eyeshadow. I just don't mix it with anything to create the enhancement so it's at it's strongest

Ah yes, that makes sense ;)

Thanks! xx

I'd be really interested to try this, do you think it would work just as well by sculpting out onto a form? (only a little extra length, not lots).

Don't think it will be strong enough for that! You can always give it a go! Have an experiment!

I tried sculpting with mm on my own, rather stubby nails. Only a little bit of length, and I did 3 very thin coats.
Unfortunately it was just too flexible and didn't even last the day x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I tried sculpting with mm on my own, rather stubby nails. Only a little bit of length, and I did 3 very thin coats.
Unfortunately it was just too flexible and didn't even last the day x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeh didn't think it would be strong enough!

Latest posts

Back