Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh made it from mm. Cos I spoke to Martin about how I couldn't get it to last up to a week. Knew my nails were really weak but even tried on another tech. So he told me to scrub and then coat again with the base coat, do a clear layer with an apex to help with strength. So this got me thinking so I put tips on my nails (as mine are thinner than paper) followed his tips and they are rock solid! Quicker than doing acrylics, thinner as well. And they remove same as when you just do it as a polish.

I was wondering just the other day if MM could be used for extensions as I currently use CND Brisa-Lite. I'll definitely be giving MM a go with it now!

Yes me too! Thanks Emma Lou xx

No problem! Don't know how much I would charge though! How much do you charge for bristalite

No problem! Don't know how much I would charge though! How much do you charge for bristalite

I charge £27 for extensions or £22 for overlays x

Does that include the gel polish over it?

No, I charge £8 extra for MM/Shellac and £5 extra for normal polish x

yay my megamix arrived! Iv done a whole bunch of new colour pops! The combos are endless! Now to see if it lasts, trial run on my own nails! X

I have it and it's great!! I don't use the base or too coat though I just use my Jessica base and top. It's so useful mixing polishes and lasts well too. One thing I would say is you have to work quickly with it because the varnish dries quickly inside it and it becomes thick to handle

I have it and it's great!! I don't use the base or too coat though I just use my Jessica base and top. It's so useful mixing polishes and lasts well too. One thing I would say is you have to work quickly with it because the varnish dries quickly inside it and it becomes thick to handle

What are you mixing mm and polish in? I use a dappen dish rather than a flat surface like a sculpting form and don't have a problem. Martin recommended this earlier in the thread...something to do with the air and not drying out the polish in a small confined space like a dappen dish x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What are you mixing mm and polish in? I use a dappen dish rather than a flat surface like a sculpting form and don't have a problem. Martin recommended this earlier in the thread...something to do with the air and not drying out the polish in a small confined space like a dappen dish x

Same and have no problem with drying out

i ordered a few of the empty pots for mixing purposes. X

i ordered a few of the empty pots for mixing purposes. X

Yeah me too.makes it so much easier.then if u want to keep it foe use another time pop the lid on and off u go :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Desperate to get mine now, how long delivery wait on average, ordered mine Monday evening!!

Iv never waited more than two days

Does anyone have a few basic tips to help me with my mixing?

I mix for a good minute at least but still getting tiny lumps in my CND additive mixes and my polish mixes are going on a bit streaky :eek:

Any help much appreciated :)

I have no clue there chick! Iv never had problems mixing. Maybe another geek has experienced this

Does anyone have a few basic tips to help me with my mixing?

I mix for a good minute at least but still getting tiny lumps in my CND additive mixes and my polish mixes are going on a bit streaky :eek:

Any help much appreciated :)

CND additives I've found need to squashed to remove any lumps whilst mixing (holly aka fingernail fixer mentions this in a video she has on you tube). If your still getting a problem maybe try a pestle and mortar to grind just the additive before adding to the mm (CND recommend this on darker colour additives on some of their videos on you tube) or possibly try a little tea bag strainer to sieve any lumps out (never tried 2nd suggestion so not sure if that would work) x

Got myself rared up for a wax today... But it was fully booked soooo next year then! I'm such a wuss! I have given birth but still can't bare to be waxed! Only started plucking my eyebrows a month ago!!

Latest posts

Back