Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried sculpting with mm on my own, rather stubby nails. Only a little bit of length, and I did 3 very thin coats.
Unfortunately it was just too flexible and didn't even last the day x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahhh ok, thanks for sharing. That's a shame....but i'll still give the tip method a go :)

I've tried mm 5 times now, 3 times with nail polish and twice with pigment, only 1 of the pigments was successful. The 1st polish went on ok but was slightly sheer and wrinkled afterwards so I thought next time I'll do thinner coats, 2 nails peeled after 2 days and a 3rd chipped. So 2nd try with polish I did about 5 layers starting off at 50:50 and adding more but it was still so sheer I had to put glitter over to hide it. 3rd try with polish I went for a dark navy which only took 3 layers but the 3rd layer with increased polish just felt like the polish was dragging and my topcoat is lumpy. The 1st set of pigments is my only success, full easy coverage in 2 layers and is still solid after 4 days. 2nd attempt at pigment was full of lumps. I desperately want it to work but I just can't get it right : (

Does anyone know where to get the generic lamps in the UK? Xx

I've tried mm 5 times now, 3 times with nail polish and twice with pigment, only 1 of the pigments was successful. The 1st polish went on ok but was slightly sheer and wrinkled afterwards so I thought next time I'll do thinner coats, 2 nails peeled after 2 days and a 3rd chipped. So 2nd try with polish I did about 5 layers starting off at 50:50 and adding more but it was still so sheer I had to put glitter over to hide it. 3rd try with polish I went for a dark navy which only took 3 layers but the 3rd layer with increased polish just felt like the polish was dragging and my topcoat is lumpy. The 1st set of pigments is my only success, full easy coverage in 2 layers and is still solid after 4 days. 2nd attempt at pigment was full of lumps. I desperately want it to work but I just can't get it right : (

What a shame. Don't give up, megamix really is amazing! I mix with vinylux, approx 60-40 ratio, and very thin coats. Some need 3 coats, but it works lovely, high shine finish, and all of my clients get at least 10 days, most are hitting the near 3 week mark!

I have pigments from the color shack on fleabay, and again these work very well! 50-50 ratio, and usually just 2 thin coats.

You do need to mix the pigments really well, use a dappen dish, small pot, or even a square of foil. Megamix sell a cute little mixing stick, or you can just use an orange stick.

Have you checked the bulbs in your lamp? Are they definitely curing properly?

Keep at it, once you get the knack you will see the results x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404125927.154022.jpg
Decided the change the design! Had a go at one of them liquid gem things! Love it

Ahhh ok, thanks for sharing. That's a shame....but i'll still give the tip method a go :)

I have sculpted tips with mm, with no probs at all, I also do it with Gelish Structure gel and they last until I decide to remove them when the nails have grown out, so over 4 weeks with MM or Gelish SG :) x

I have sculpted tips with mm, with no probs at all, I also do it with Gelish Structure gel and they last until I decide to remove them when the nails have grown out, so over 4 weeks with MM or Gelish SG :) x

Oh good to know must give that a go,didnt know you could sculpt with them too! Is there anything they CAN'T do?

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Love these! How do you create the liquid stones? x

Do your outline design, which on mine I did, cured and then used gold foil. Then marble your jewel colours by applying a colour at a time, shimmer colours work best. Then cure, then apply a blob of tip coat so it makes it raised I also added a small amount of shimmer pink to it so it made it more shimmery. Then cure and top coat it all

Love these! How do you create the liquid stones? x

Yes, as EmmaLou says above, but instead of using foil I mixed MegaMix with CND gold additive.

I used mylar in the middle to get a "moonstone" effect. I put gold caviar beads around the first one to make it stand out more xx

When will I be able to buy this if I live outside the UK?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

When will I be able to buy this if I live outside the UK?

I live in Ireland and got it no problem,with no extra cost either!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Photos really don't do this one justice! Used a rose pigment and white iridescent cnd glitter which gives a beautiful golden sparkle! Client was so chuffed and has booked her sister and mum in at her next appointment too!

Attachments

• 1404373752498.jpg
    1404373752498.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 242
My first hands and toes using mega mix, love it!!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404389893.378358.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404389919.832927.jpg

Thanks for sharing - I'll definitely give it a go now :)

sorry if this has been asked but it's a long thread... has anyone used this as a standalone system and which lamp did you use?

sorry if this has been asked but it's a long thread... has anyone used this as a standalone system and which lamp did you use?

I use it now as stand alone. Use my gelish lamp x

Thanks. I've just been looking on the website and it mentions "make them shine" to remove the inhibition layer but I cant find it I the shop. have you used it?

I just use gellux prep and wipe! Works perfectly well

Latest posts

Back