Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already got the bottle which works fantastically with Shellac for added strength- so much so I'll be removing Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel from my menu. I've just purchased the pot which I can't wait to get.

I've recently brought in a handful of Cuccio Veneers which I love, their colour range is fantastic. I use Cuccio polish and not all their colours are in Veneer yet so MM is great for this. Also there are some fantastic blues, greens, teals and turquoises in Colour and Veneer, but I know for a fact theyll be shelf sitters with only occasional use, but I want them! The beauty is I can buy the polish colours for a fraction of the price and mix with MM and bingo I have the blues, greens, teals and turquoises in a gel polish, without paying out and losing money. Likewise I'm in love with the new Gelish trends, Cuccio have just brought out a similar collection of polishes- so if I purchase them yet again adding them to MM I have the equivalent but at a much cheaper price. I know its not all about money, but business sense tells me I need to think carefully and spend carefully. Megamix has enabled that.

Here's my current collection of Cuccio Colour polish :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1404563526702.jpg
    1404563526702.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 260
How do you find the cuccio polishes mix with the MM?. I bought a gold effect polish and you are able to use it straight from the bottle over the top of any of the veneer gel polishes then finish with veneer topcoat which I thought was really nifty.

I too use MM basecoat and MM gel (pot) instead of Brisalite basecoat and smoothing gel and it lasts much longer.

Mixes brilliantly Waffle. The polishes are so highly pigmented (triple) that you keep the true colours pretty much to the letter.

Ooh I didn't know that.

MM beats the socks of BLSG in my opinion and I much prefer applying with a polish brush than a gel brush- I'm a messy moo with the gel brush and can control the product better with the polish brush.

Do you find the Cuccio better than OPI, im finding you need 3 or 4 coats to get any depth of colour but really loving this product.

Debbie

I haven't used OPI with MM but I have used OPI polish. Cuccio Colour applies like OPI in as much as it's an easy application, but Cuccio Colour covers much better. To give you an idea most Cuccio Colours when polishing have full coverage in one coat. So based on this I would hazard a guess Cuccio applies better with MM than OPI. I apply Cuccio and MM in two or three coats dependant on the Cuccio polish I've used. I tend to add a third very skinny layer of the mix just to make the colour pop. However I was using the bottle, I'll up update if I need to do the same with the pot. Hth Honey xxx

Thank you it does. Think I'll have to try some of the Cuccio with MM.

Hope you're well xx

Last edited:
Mixes brilliantly Waffle. The polishes are so highly pigmented (triple) that you keep the true colours pretty much to the letter.

Ooh I didn't know that.

MM beats the socks of BLSG in my opinion and I much prefer applying with a polish brush than a gel brush- I'm a messy moo with the gel brush and can control the product better with the polish brush.

That's really helpful, thanks :)
This is the gold, looks especially lovely over pastels. You just apply it straight from the polish bottle (no mixing) so very handy.

Oops forgot pic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404573753.606128.jpg

Thank you it does. Think I'll have to try some of the Cuccio with MM.

Hope you're well xx

Definitely get some, you'll fall in love with the polishes!

I'm good thanks lovely and getting back in to the 'nail groove' after bubs :) Hope you're all good too. xxx

That's really helpful, thanks :)
This is the gold, looks especially lovely over pastels. You just apply it straight from the polish bottle (no mixing) so very handy.

Oh that's lovely! What's it called lovey? I've got the brochure in front of me ;) xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404582100.326692.jpg

Here's a set done with China Glaze polish. I mainly have OPI but got a few CG when they were on offer recently.

I find them quite runny and I need to mix the MM quite regularly to keep it balanced compared to other polishes. Has anyone else found this ?

Loving that MM is so popular. My clients are so impressed with it :)

Xx

Oh that's lovely! What's it called lovey? I've got the brochure in front of me ;) xxx
It's called "Shock Value". Looks especially gorgeous over beige or pink x

hello ive read through all 80+ page, and 3 times it was asked if MM would work mixed with acrylic paint and applies like a gel polish but no one answered, i'm curious to know if anyone has tried this and if it lasted :)

Everytime I use megamix on it's own it turns yellow after it's been cured....any ideas why this might be happening?

Thank you :)

Martin thank you for the really speedy delivery. Ordered Friday night, arrived this morning! That's service!

Orange gnarly nails pigment and MM
I jst love this colour, and it went on a dream, zero shrinking or bumps. love it :)
Got some Moyou stamps coming later in the wk, so decided to keep the colour simple & jazz it up when they arrive.... I'll be back then lol!

Attachments

• 20140707_221658.jpg
    20140707_221658.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 249
hello ive read through all 80+ page, and 3 times it was asked if MM would work mixed with acrylic paint and applies like a gel polish but no one answered, i'm curious to know if anyone has tried this and if it lasted :)

I'll try it tomorrow ;)

Everytime I use megamix on it's own it turns yellow after it's been cured....any ideas why this might be happening?

Thank you :)

I've found this happens too! Would like to know the reason and if there's a way to avoid it?! I've ordered a new pot to see if it's the same x

remember awhile back there was the big craze with putting a feather on your nails with nail polish.. i wonder how good MM would be at this.. hmm..

remember awhile back there was the big craze with putting a feather on your nails with nail polish.. i wonder how good MM would be at this.. hmm..

I'm getting some feathers to do this nail art on myself so I will let you know

Latest posts

Back