Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First use of Megamix preparing for Cath Kidston nails, brilliant coverage thankyou Martin!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1393096773233.jpg
    1393096773233.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 648
I just have to add my little ten pence worth in....

What the HELL has the NAME of a product got to do with How great a product is or how well it performs?????

Personally i don't like the name CHANEL and i don't particular like the name... Gertrude either..and by no means is Chanel NOT Classy or produce products that don't work or function..And i am sure there are plenty of Gertrude's that are lovely people.

How much does it cost to produce flash packaging???And how much copyright checking and thought has to go into a name of a product??

I don't care what a product is called....and i don't think my clients give a monkeys what i use to be honest and what the products called as long as they get awesome results, beautiful nails and there health and safety isn't compromised.

I think its a little unfair to judge a product purely based on the fact you don't like the name. Very narrow minded in my opinion.

Last edited:
I have liked the fb page but can't see how to order, am I blind lol ! Can someone tell me how to order this please and what exactly you need to start using it. I currently use gelish, thank you xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have liked the fb page but can't see how to order, am I blind lol ! Can someone tell me how to order this please and what exactly you need to start using it. I currently use gelish, thank you xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Check out page 2 for all the info you need.

Ok so just ordered a bottle of this, just need to check a few things.
Currently I use ibd just gel- can I use ibd base coat- then do I put a normal polish over then the megamix to create a ultra gel? X

Ok so just ordered a bottle of this, just need to check a few things.
Currently I use ibd just gel- can I use ibd base coat- then do I put a normal polish over then the megamix to create a ultra gel? X

You can use your ibd base and top but you need to MIX the polish and MM gel xxx

You can use your ibd base and top but you need to MIX the polish and MM gel xxx

Thanks lovely xx so excited to try this xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393204323.394136.jpgi did these using mega mix,purple glitter,holographic silver and purple pigment on my own natural nails to give them a bit of strength while having a break from acrylics x

Have to say that I think this product is amazing! See it getting a lot of stick on this post and I really don't understand why!
I have been wishing someone would develop a product like this for so long! As I travel a lot, this is the perfect product for me as I can avoid having to carry all of my gel AND polish collection (which makes for a VERY heavy kit) with me! I pretty much have every polish colour under the sun so can basically just carry those and just this single pot of gel.
I can't understand why people think its such a 'faff'. It takes no time to mix a colour and in my line of session work I often end up custom blending gels and polishes anyhow to meet a clients often very specific requirements. Even for salon based techs I think the idea of your clients having their own bespoke shade custom blended specifically for them is a great selling point! Could even charge extra for a 'bespoke' shade.
I am about to purchase this right now but what I would like to know is if I can combine it with any other gel polish top and base coat?? Also what is the best ratio?
Thanks
Jenny

To further what Jenny has said Megamix for me has really brought my enthusiasm back for nails. I've had lots of different things going on at the moment I've lost my nail mojo somewhat, as sometimes happens. I've recently bought 23 new polishes (which I needed to buy anyway but the cost against demand was low as I do mainly Shellac) however I've been able to buy lots of new polish colours for pedicure and double up to create gel polish and I'm loving all the different colours I can now create. It's not a faff at all and I can't wait for one of my clients to come next week as I know she's going to love my new gel polish colours and still have the ease and comfort of a no buff base coat of Shellac.

Im currently wearing my polish and MM mix with Shellac base and top and ive hammered my nails this week- it hasn't budged an inch- it's flexible but really tough. I'm so impressed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wonder if you've actually tried the product before you condemn it ... like a lot of the ladies who HAVE used it say it isn't and it's really easy to use myself included and it's opened up a whole new world and omg twinkle toes now are soo easy with this product soo WOO HOO!!!!

Hi Martin and geeks!

Used my Megamix for the first time today and although definitely not a faff- so easy to mix- the viscosity was so runny I had trouble keeping away from the skin, sidewalls and eponychium- meaning it took me longer to carry out the service on my client.

Could it be the polish I mixed with Megamix or should I put it in the fridge for ten minutes prior to using? I used approx a 50/50 ratio, the coverage was quite thin and needed three coats. TIA :hug:

I think I need a reread of this thread as I've missed the moaning posts, like a good nosey ;)

I'm disapointed I didn't catch Matron at pro beauty on Sunday.
I love meeting new people :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek mobile app

I love meeting new people

Martin... Bloody sausage fingers, autocorrect and no idea how to edit from phone :what:

I think I need a reread of this thread as I've missed the moaning posts, like a good nosey ;)

I love meeting new people :)

I also missed them :-/ I have read nothing but good comments on this thread other than someone not liking name or packaging!

Whoooo cares? Give me it in a sandwich bag and i'll still use it. It's amazing!!! :) xxxx

I also missed them :-/ I have read nothing but good comments on this thread other than someone not liking name or packaging!

Whoooo cares? Give me it in a sandwich bag and i'll still use it. It's amazing!!! :) xxxx

Some people just like stirring, ignore it..,,,,,,

Ok, I'm using my MM basecoat and clear MM gel (pot) today in place of Brisa Lite smoothing so just want to check I apply the shellac colour coat directly onto the MM dispersion layer (not wiping or dry brushing first)???

Some people just like stirring, ignore it..,,,,,,

Ok, I'm using my MM basecoat and clear MM gel (pot) today in place of Brisa Lite smoothing so just want to check I apply the shellac colour coat directly onto the MM dispersion layer (not wiping or dry brushing first)???

This is what I done :) I don't dry brush ;) xxx

This is what I done :) I don't dry brush ;) xxx

So you just applied the shellac colour straight on top of the sticky megamix dispersion layer?

Did you find it a bit stronger than Brisa Lite? I tried just the clear MM on one of my nails Sunday and it definitely felt stronger to me but maybe it was psychological lol

Latest posts

Back