Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the bottle and found it too thick, so I leave it on the radiator before I use it. Try putting the gel in a cold place and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the advice Ch-ela, will try that. If not I suppose it has to be the mix ratio. :biggrin:

Does anyone know if you can use the Amaze Glaze in place of Shellac Top Coat on a Shellac service? Only asking as my Shellac topcoat is just running out and I've not ordered a new one in time!
You can use it over your shellac (as the shellac is no different
To when you mix the Megamix with polish)

You may find the amaze glaze dulls if you use pure alcohol
To wipe in which case dilute your wipe down 50-50 with
Water for a less aggressive wipe off or just wet your cotton or lint first
With water then wipe (makes your wipe go further too :) )

Is anyone else having problems with chipping on natural nails?? I have tried lots of different ways to make this last and we are only getting 8-10 days wear out of them before chipping begins. I've even tried using a layer of Calgel IZ gel under the mm and then I tried it over the mm. Nothing really seems to be strong enough to stop it from chipping.
When I have used the mm on nail extensions with the IZ gel for strength it works perfectly no chipping and more importantly no lifting!!! I just can't seem to make it strong enough for natural nails which are not very strong. Can anyone help?

if the natural nail is really weak then it will bend and the gel has nothing to stick to so I'd use IBX 1st then your megamix and it should last you great

Pretty Please.....can anyone help me with this :eek:
Sass you should not be needing to heat or cool your gel

You may just need to try a different technique.

Apply it thinner and build up in layers or work on less fingers at a time like 2

Apply more pressure with your brush

You may be applying too much gel and trying to get
Better coverage which is why it's running down the sides

Just try it agin coming from a different angle

It's very hard to get the ratio wrong as it. Will technically
Work mixed anywhere from 0-90 %

If your mixing a shear it's harder to get full coverage

Persevere and try a different colour or do a few mixes on tips or
A colour wheel till you get the hang of it

And if your still struggling call me :)

Ok I seriously have issues... I've been dreaming of nails and have awoken at 10 to 1 in the morning with a question... :eek:
Is MM self levelling?
(I think this has come from the gel running into the sidewall post and me reading it before I drifted off)
In my (obv obsessed) dream I was trying to use MM like a gel enhancement application and doing the log and feather effect lol.

Actually that makes my question sound daft now...
But with most gel polishes if you paint on and there is a little brush mark the gel will self fill if left for a few seconds, does that make sense?

4 weeks wear. No chipping or wearing on the ends at all!! have to change it because the growth is too much lol. brilliant product :)

Can't remember if you've already put in a previous post - but which base and too coat did you use? Very interested in this product! Xx

Hi geeks just wondered for you that are now advertising it on facebook as a new treatment how have you done this? im so bad at putting things into words so some help would be very much appreciated :biggrin: thanks!

I couldn't resist a change with all my new polishes sitting there! I've since added some rhinestones :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1393407683586.jpg
    1393407683586.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 361
Hi geeks just wondered for you that are now advertising it on facebook as a new treatment how have you done this? im so bad at putting things into words so some help would be very much appreciated :biggrin: thanks!

I've advertised it as a custom blend gel polish. Ive taken a picture of my nails next to the polish ive used to mix. I've explained that I can create your desired gel polish colour by using Megamix (a clear soak off gel polish) and nail polish. Or something along those lines ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393418713.769797.jpg nearly 3 weeks, no chips and lasting well even after a weekend of gardening and fence painting!

Can anyone say if this is longer lasting than shellac? I have a couple of clients that don't take too well to shellac, even with Brisa lite smoothing.

Would this be more suitable for them?

Thanks.x

Just ordered my megamix, can't wait to try it!! :D x

im currently trialing (mixed with polish) on 2 clients same as youre describing ...

client 1 : 5 days index finger off
client 2 : 6 days in lifting on one finger

- both of them rest of nails are all feeling strong with no problems

will see how they are both doing back end of next week

hope that helps ?

kx

Can anyone say if this is longer lasting than shellac? I have a couple of clients that don't take too well to shellac, even with Brisa lite smoothing.

Thanks.x

im currently trialing (mixed with polish) on 2 clients same as youre describing ...

hope that helps ?

kx

Thanks karren. It would be great to know if they still last by end of the week. Please update as if you can.x

I'm going to purchase anyway, as it seems too good to miss out on!

message to prompt me if i forget babe !!

im also going to be trialing on myself tomorrow instead of my usual smoothing gel before shellac application

ps very easy to mix with polish i use a glass dappen dish and i mixed approx 50/50 then after a couple of coats i added more polish for depth, no skinning, no drying issues with the product in dappen dish. im using, shellac base and top coat, and an old large shellac base coat brush for application of mm/colour mix

kx

Thanks karren. It would be great to know if they still last by end of the week. Please update as if you can.x

I'm going to purchase anyway, as it seems too good to miss out on!

Thanks.x

I've used it on 2 people in place of Brisa lite smoothing gel (before their shellac colour coats) and they've both remarked that their nails definitely feel stronger/harder. Will let you know how they get on.

LOTS OF POSTS

and I will make every effort to answer each of them when I get a second :)
but just wanted to let you know that the pots are due to land tomorrow and will be dispatched to anyone who wants them as soon as possible definitely no later than Friday

:wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

hope that helps ?

kx

Some ladies will be able to wear it longer than others ... if they have weak nails then the nail will bend away from the free edge specially the forefinger of the dominant hand ... you could try IBX or add some youngs nails protein bond on the free edge this will help

Some ladies will be able to wear it longer than others ... if they have weak nails then the nail will bend away from the free edge specially the forefinger of the dominant hand ...

I find this with my right index fingernail, it is almost totally flat from damage as a child, all my nails are paperthin and weak anyway but this one finger is a bugger to keep produce/enhancements on.

I find this with my right index fingernail, it is almost totally flat from damage as a child, all my nails are paperthin and weak anyway but this one finger is a bugger to keep produce/enhancements on.

It usually is this finger for most ladies and sometimes the middle finger too I have a lady who is quite short and she has a hatchback car and she can't really reach when her boot is open so she uses her nail to close it and usually it comes off this nail but we know why

Latest posts

Back