Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nails_4_U

Reaction score
I really badly need a vent. My hubby has wondered tonight why I am in a ****ty mood. I'm sick to ****ing death of doing everything every f'ing day! I feel like a freaking robot. Do not get one ounce of help. He does cook often but that's it. He always tells me sit down, why are u doing housework at 9pm? I don't think he has realised that my "little part time job" (doing nails from home) has taken off to a full time job and im still expected to do everything! I asked him tonight if when he walks into the kitchen at night with his dinner plate instead if putting it in the sink to put it straight in the dishwasher.... He rolled his eyes at me and said ok in a tone that read to me " you already have it easy enough with a dishwasher". FFS!!! I am going on holidays in one week. Have not left this poxy little mining town in a year. No wonder im going f'ing crazy. Don't know if I'll last the week without flipping my lid :-/

I really badly need a vent. My hubby has wondered tonight why I am in a ****ty mood. I'm sick to ****ing death of doing everything every f'ing day! I feel like a freaking robot. Do not get one ounce of help. He does cook often but that's it. He always tells me sit down, why are u doing housework at 9pm? I don't think he has realised that my "little part time job" (doing nails from home) has taken off to a full time job and im still expected to do everything! I asked him tonight if when he walks into the kitchen at night with his dinner plate instead if putting it in the sink to put it straight in the dishwasher.... He rolled his eyes at me and said ok in a tone that read to me " you already have it easy enough with a dishwasher". FFS!!! I am going on holidays in one week. Have not left this poxy little mining town in a year. No wonder im going f'ing crazy. Don't know if I'll last the week without flipping my lid :-/

Here's what you do:

1) divorce Aussie husband
2) travel abroad and find foreign husband who will respect you and share the chores, not sit around in his thongs and singlet drinking stubbies.
3) move to new husband's country of origin
4) take loads of cheap holidays abroad (Australia is too far to travel to go anywhere nice cheaply)

Anyway, the above worked for me 12 years ago and I'm still here and still happy.

Have you tried talking to him?

Here's what you do:

2) travel abroad and find foreign husband who will respect you and share the chores, not sit around in his thongs and singlet drinking stubbies.
4) take loads of cheap holidays abroad (Australia is too far to travel to go anywhere nice cheaply)

Anyway, the above worked for me 12 years ago and I'm still here and still happy.
I did all of the above except it was a South African /German husband but ended up trading in one Chauvinist in for a younger more handsome one:o but 21 years later still together and well taken care of. LOL

I have very firm views where men are concerned!! Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. I think a zero tolerance policy is wise, what I mean is dont ever let them get away with shirking because its an easier life just to do it yourself, my advice is nag, nag and nag again until they get used to the fact that its easier to load the damn dishwasher than it is to get the grief for not doing it!!

I've got to say, my lot are pretty good, but only because they know that shirking wont be tolerated. My husband does his share of housework without being asked, and on Saturdays before I go to work I leave a list of jobs to be done and between husband and 2 teenagers the lot is done when I get home.

Omg hunny! That is so funny because I was thinking of posting something like this lastnight but desided against it lol. My husband goes to camp and when he comes home its free range on my house. I love him but I cant ask him to do anything! He is just usless sometimes!

You are going to hate me :(.

My hubby is wonderful. He works away so I don't see him for usually 5 months but when he is home he cooks (dinner ready when I get in) cleans and does the ironing as well as building me a lovely nail room.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a lazy bones but just recently gave up a full time non nail job to do nails full time.

However had to kiss 2 useless frogs (BF) to get my prince :)
Vicki x

You are going to hate me :(.

My hubby is wonderful. He works away so I don't see him for usually 5 months but when he is home he cooks (dinner ready when I get in) cleans and does the ironing as well as building me a lovely nail room.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a lazy bones but just recently gave up a full time non nail job to do nails full time.

However had to kiss 2 useless frogs (BF) to get my prince :)
Vicki x

I've had to kiss a fair few frogs before finding my good 'un too, and I think its a process that most of us have to go through. It certainly makes you appreciate your man once you find him.

My fella does nothing in the house, really p's me off... Debabted if to get a cleaner, but instead I've cut one of my non beauty job hours so I can do it myself :( xx

I am a strong believer that you teach people how to treat you! If your husband does nothing to help out, then it is because he can!! Not trying to sound in any way unhelpful, but he has probably got away with it for so long that it has finally made you think about the situation. Start making changes right away and be consistent xx

I have the best hubby in the world ever.Full stop!
He cooks (just handed me my dinner!)he cleans (just emptied bins!),he looks after the kids (ful time at home parent while i work stoopid hours!)and much much more!!

I know im really lucky and i have the biggest respect for him ever,but its very mutual and we are very alike so make a fab team together.

I kissed some bloody scary frogs to get my prince,but ive got him now!!
x:D

My oh is the same he does nothing unless I really nag, and I do have to nag! I've been off work for two years after having our third child and recently went back to work. I told him I was scared of taking on more work as nothing will be done at home if I'm not here (silly I know) he told me he'd do more if I needed to work. Ive just started to get really busy and I'm STILL coming home an cleaning sorting the kids etc. he works too but he's been working at his business for 4 years (from home) and it's going nowhere. I just feel he thinks his work is more important and he wants me to be at home cleaning up his crap and looking after the kids!!! Even though I'm earning more than him :(

I need to give him a kick up the backside but I don't have the energy. So I know how you feel :(

Here's what you do:

I actually logged in so I could heart this. It made me laugh out loud - nails_4_U hope it cheered you up too!

I have the best hubby in the world ever.Full stop!
He cooks (just handed me my dinner!)he cleans (just emptied bins!),he looks after the kids (ful time at home parent while i work stoopid hours!)and much much more!!

I know im really lucky and i have the biggest respect for him ever,but its very mutual and we are very alike so make a fab team together.

I kissed some bloody scary frogs to get my prince,but ive got him now!!
x:D

Awww what a star x

My boyfriend is the total opposite ! I have cleaning OCD but he is way off scale! We have to dry the sinks out after using, not wear black socks for the bits on the cream carpets, plump the sofa every nite! I'm worn out after a weekend at his! X

Do not get me started on the black bits of socks on light carpets. I threatened to throw all the socks away, so he went and bought some that don't leave the bits!

Do not get me started on the black bits of socks on light carpets. I threatened to throw all the socks away, so he went and bought some that don't leave the bits!

Love this!

Thanks everyone. This has cheered me up. He actually does cook a majority of nights but he has slackened off the past few weeks. Think after our holidays I need to crack down and ask for more help :)

I have exactly the same Problem. I work, get 2 children ready for school,take them to school, pick them up, clean, make dinner, wash clothes all the crappy housework stuff and a puppy to contend with.

He comes home and says oh I'm tired. He sees me struggling with everything and sits there. What really pees me off is, when we are going out at the weekend, I'm struggling to get everything done in the morning, and he goes and takes a bloody relaxing bath and stays in it till everything is done. Then sits down and watches tv! Seriously I need help man!

His excuse is he works,So do most people in this country and so do I!!! he is tired, if he is not at work he sleeps.

For the most part I love him but really resent him at the moment. All my friends are getting engaged and still nothing from him. 4 years an not a peep. Also I'm going away with his sister to new York in march and has said we need to save for our mortgage and there is really no point in going as everything is the same over there. Err, sorry didn't realise we had a statue of liberty over here or central park. So he has put a complete downer on my trip.

Went to bed crying Tuesday night as just had enough of seeing everyone all loved up and engaged and planning there future. I am questioning whether I want to be with him at the moment as it seems I don't really need him as he does bugger all for me! I was expected to buy all my sons birthday presents and will be expected the same for Xmas.

I asked him what he would like to do for our anniversary in november - oh I don't know, that's your thing. So I won't get anything like last year or year before that. :(

Having a man is like having another child. Mine has a similar issue with the dishwasher (ie everything seems to end up on the work surface above it ready for me to put in the dishwasher!!! It's totally beyond me why he can't manage to bend down, open the door and put it in!)

I too have 2 children . 1 at school and 1 at home with me. Also do beauty part time from home. Spend most of my day attached to the Hoover and yet he walks in and wonders what I've done all day!! He doesn't cook so all that is left to me, but I have made sure he does other things like cleaning the bathrooms and putting the rubbish out. The thing that really got to me a few months ago was a sentence he came out with: "I work bloody hard for this family so u can stay at home!" my reply was "so if u didn't have me and the girls to look after, u wouldn't work??!!" that shut him up pretty sharp ish!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back