Mental illness, social anxiety etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylieNails

Reaction score
Hi geeks im really struggling at the moment as my mental health seems to be further deteriorating. Ive suffered with body dysmorphic disorder, social anxiety and quite severe depression my entire life however its getting so much worse. Im self employed in the beauty industry and rent from some one elses salon but im struggling to face people or go into work lately and obviously this is a huge barrier. Iv tried endless amounts of anti depressants counselling etc but nothin seems to work. I was just wondering if theres anyone else here that suffers with anything similar and how you cope etc. I hate feeling like I cant relate to anyone its so awkward trying to explain to my boyfriend he tries to be there though bless him.

Hope to hear soon x

From my own experience, the thing with these conditions (for want of much better word!) is that they can always come back. I say that from personal experience.

Post counselling a few years ago I was loads better but I know that it's always got the potential to return and the hard thing is that when it does, it's usually in a big way at an inconvenient time (isn't it always!).

Being in the beauty industry can be a drag with things like social anxiety because when you're having a day or a period of time where you want to hibernate and tell people to do one, it's not realistically an option and it can be hard work and very draining to put on a happy face in an industry that is very hard work physically and sometimes mentally on a good day.

I've not found that magic formula but I can certainly empathise with what you're saying <3

Didn't want to read and run and don't have a solution but just know your not alone.
I suffer from chronic depression and anxiety. Some days I want to hide from the world but as previous post said in this job it's not always possible.
Stay strong hun. Hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys :( there most likely ismt a solution but its kinds good to know your not the only one dont ya think? Im so drainedddd lately I hope I cam get back on track asap.

Hope your both ok <3

I'm feeling drained 2. Even if I sleep well (not often) I wake up exhausted.
If summer would hurry up that would help!
Saw this quote and quite like it x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392307793.405192.jpg

I suffer from depression and other bits n bobs so i completely understand.

My only advice is take your medication!!!!
When I stop taking mine I go loopy! Like I question how crazy I am, my sanity and I go a bit weird. It's just not good. At all.

Take your medication or you wont get better.

Ah it's just so horrible having these sort of problems, I am an " old bird " and have suffered on and off for over 25 years and been on and off meds, I suffer with anxiety and depression made worse because I worry over my health, it's not nice.

In our buisness we are expected to be smiley, happy and chatty ALL the time and this can certainly made you even more exhausted, at the moment I just want to curl up in bed and wait for it to go away. You are not on your own :hug:

All I can advise is keep taking your meds and remember it will ease up you sound like your going through a bad patch but it will clear. Oh and don't listen to people who haven't been through it and therefore have no idea how your feeling. See your doc, talk to a professional don't put it off make the app xxxx

I'm a raging psycho fruit loop! Don't have any answers for you but take the drugs and don't listen to the voices. And hugs &#128536;

Cbt really helped me it never goes away but helps you find practical ways of dealing with it x

Thank you all so much! I think I need new medication I seem to become immune to them &#128530;&#128156;&#128156;&#128156;&#128156;

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm feeling drained 2. Even if I sleep well (not often) I wake up exhausted.
If summer would hurry up that would help!
Saw this quote and quite like it xView attachment 56157

Thats lovely hun. Xxc

Cbt helped me a lot too, I thought it was hard work and not a cure. I don't think there is a cure you just find ways of coping. I feel like I'm a tightrope walker sometimes its easy and I do it no probs, other days I wobble all over the place and feel like um going to fall, but u know if I do fall there are ways to get back up

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I think anticipation is so much worse than actually when your doing it.
I'm the same at the minute my motivation just isn't there, however once I'm in the studio with my client it distracts me from feeling poop if that makes sense.
Just take one day at a time and be kind to yourself xxx

Didn't want to read and run! I feel the same way but with different types of depression, hope you start to feel better soon xxx

How was your day today chick? Fingers crossed better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow. Hang in there x

Hope it gets easier for you soon xxx

Thank you all for writing I really appreciate it!! Im getting there I think but I just dread hittin rock bottom again. Its kinda a relief when I do though cause I know it then can't get any worse. Yea I agree work distracts you but its just plucking up the courage to go that drives me insain
Do you think doing stuff outa ur comfort zone helps or makes it worse? Xxxxx

Thank you all for writing I really appreciate it!! Im getting there I think but I just dread hittin rock bottom again. Its kinda a relief when I do though cause I know it then can't get any worse. Yea I agree work distracts you but its just plucking up the courage to go that drives me insain
Do you think doing stuff outa ur comfort zone helps or makes it worse? Xxxxx

I'm the same with getting myself to go to appointments :( once I'm there I love it.
I find the fear of the darkness returning makes me more anxious! At the minute any little change is driving me crazy, cancelled appointments, my plans for the day changing. I get so irritated.
I'm not keen on doing anything out of my comfort zone, I get anxious for days before.
Soooo not the person I used to be. I was a typical holiday rep! A bit bonkers and high on life. I don't know that person anymore :(
Keep your chin up hunni, keep fighting those demons xx

I think everybody is different, I dread having to do anything but made myself do it. Now I'm doing more and more. I still have little panick attacks in the form of heart palpitations but I take a deep breath and talk myself through it. It's always ok so I think that's why things are getting easier. I feel ill and get heart palpitations everytime I have to go out, I just say to myself your not ill your fine and it fades once I'm there and more comfortable. But this is all techniques I have learnt from CBT and it took a long time to get to this spot. Don't go forcing yourself out of your comfort zone if you think it could cause a panic attack. Xxx

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back