Metalic Foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilypond

Reaction score
Hi
I have been using the floral foils in my nail art with great success I have now started to use the metalic foils. The problem I have had is with the finished effect of the metalic effect foils which, once I applied the sealer, started to look as if the foil was cracked.
I have tried different top coats as well as the recommended foil sealer
but still the same effect has any one got the metalic foil to look on the nail as it does on the roll:rolleyes:

Jill

Yes, all I do is put the foil adhesive on, leave it to dry for as long as possible and then put the foil on and smooth it down then peel off the top layer. I have never had a problem with it as long as the adhesive has been left to dry for long enough first. xx

If you are a UV Gel user, then use a finishing top gloss gel such as Finish It! by EzFlow (it's as thin as a normal top coat) and then cure it without putting the sealer on then the foil remains exactly the same.

Georgie

I have the exact same problem Jill, the foil just doesn't stay the same as what it does when it is on the roll. Any ideas anyone?

Jess

kateyork1 said:
Yes, all I do is put the foil adhesive on, leave it to dry for as long as possible and then put the foil on and smooth it down then peel off the top layer. I have never had a problem with it as long as the adhesive has been left to dry for long enough first. xx

I tried to do it last week on my toes and after about 10 attempts finally got it and found that it was because I wasn't letting it dry for long enough. When I left it a good 10 minutes it worked and now have black and gold chequered toes

Suzie.e said:
I tried to do it last week on my toes and after about 10 attempts finally got it and found that it was because I wasn't letting it dry for long enough. When I left it a good 10 minutes it worked and now have black and gold chequered toes

Yep - leave it for as long as possible - if I'm doing it as a practice one I put on the adhesive do some other art or go off and have a coffee come back to it and it's about right. Unfortuately this isn't as easy with clients unles you are doing another treatment on them too!xx

kateyork1 said:
Yep - leave it for as long as possible - if I'm doing it as a practice one I put on the adhesive do some other art or go off and have a coffee come back to it and it's about right. Unfortuately this isn't as easy with clients unles you are doing another treatment on them too!xx

yes I can imagine it being a bit more difficult to wait when doing it on a client, I had a coffee, bicuits. a fag and geeked while i waited!

when you put gel over the top to seal rather than a topcoat it does stay the same.

Suzie.e said:
yes I can imagine it being a bit more difficult to wait when doing it on a client, I had a coffee, bicuits. a fag and geeked while i waited!

Lol! They really should come up with a quicker drying foil adhesive. xx

Hi
Thanks for your replys its not the adhesive thats the problem as it works fine with the floral and lace foils it is the metalic silver foils :Scared: that it happens to
I was on a nail art course last week and the trainer Tammy (Fantastic trainer) from Graftons and she said it also happends to her
I will try with gel and let you know how it goes
Thanks again
Jill
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Monkeystails:)
I used IBD Intense seal over enamel and silver metalic foil and it worked a treat:biggrin:

Thanks to all
Jill:Love:

Hi,

Foils need a special adhesive . Are you using one that is for foils only?

Karen x

Hi
Yes I am using the spangles adhesive for foils and their matalic foil
its the sealer that is the problem but only with matalic foils not the plain foils the sealer works fine with those
Jill

Latest posts

Back