Metro - Sin City

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spn01

Reaction score
Hi, little advise please:) I have a client who is wishing to have Sin City (black powder) enhancements, do you,

(1) apply zones 1,2,3 with sin city, finish file and buff to shine or super shiney top coat or .....
(2) apply zones 1,2,3 with sin city thinly, cover with clear, then buff to shine or apply super shiney.

which method do you find easier for the original full set and then to continued rebalancing.

Thanking you all in advance

I never do a full enhancement with colored acrylic if they are intending on rebalancing them. I tend to be wary of lifting issues and possible greenies with dark colored acrylic. I like to see all the lifting and make sure everything is taken care of. But if someone wants a set once and the removed or change the color each time, I would sandwich the Sin City in between layers of clear. The clear prevents staining of the natural nail and the top coat vof clear prevents you filing any of it away, creating a "bald spot". Also, if there is a clear layer underneath, you can just file away the color instead of having to soak the entire enhancement off.

HTH
Jessica

When I use Sin City all over the enhancement, I ensure there is a thin coat of clear on the natural nail, so as to stop potential staining of the natural nail & it's easier when rebalancing to remove the black without damaging the natural nail.

CND Sin City does not have to be capped in clear, but I do anyway.
Apply it thinly into all your zones, cap with clear & buff to a high shine.

I do a layer of clear....then the colour ....I normally just buff the sin city to high shine......

I have found that some top coats change the black to navy in dayylight...

I agree with the comments above, if you do a layer of clear first it will make it so much easier if the client then changes their mind about the colour when the next appointment comes along!

Kelly x

Thank you all very much for you replies, so much appreciated.:)

Latest posts

Back