Micro ring weave variations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charjem

Reaction score
Haven't started a topic in a while, but I was curious to find out how you all do your micro ring weaves?

I had someone come to me in a panic this morning after getting a micro ring weave fitted and being in so much pain she was crying and up all night. Firstly she messaged me for advice, I asked her for photos as there are a few ways to do this method and I might not be able to fix it for her (the girl who fitted her hair was unavailable for a few days to fix it) and to me it looked like a weft with rings attached. So I to her to pop in and see me.

On closer inspection, it was the sewn in micro ring weave. I have no idea why there is a need to use rings and thread? Does anyone else do it this way?

The rings were so tight on her scalp that her scalp was red and bulging. The weft strips were then doubled up and sewn in around the rings. I'm sure you all know the method..

Anyway, her hair was fine and shouldn't even been allowed the weft, however, she had a wedding to go to so I removed and refitted only some of the hair and advised a removal in the next week or so.

Personally I use the clients hair to hold the weft, and secure with micro rings.

Here are some photos..
6epyjy2a.jpg
u8udypy5.jpg
e2avumyt.jpg
vemenegy.jpg

Hi Chargem, so is that LA Weave then?, I do a micro ring weft which is a section of hair with a section of weft, no sewing. sorry I dont have a picture to hand, but it looks much neater.

Im interested why youd say weft is no good for fine hair?, ive super fine greasy hair & my recent 90g micro ring weft has been a revellation for me

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry, I ment that that particular weft that she got fitted was not suitable for her very fine hair!

This is the one I do..
sudaresa.jpg

Hi Chargem, so is that LA Weave then?, I do a micro ring weft which is a section of hair with a section of weft, no sewing. sorry I dont have a picture to hand, but it looks much neater.

Im interested why youd say weft is no good for fine hair?, ive super fine greasy hair & my recent 90g micro ring weft has been a revellation for me

Are the rings attached to the weft or do you do this separately?

Yes, exactly the same as yours, at training it was said this method didnt have the longevity of micro sewin/la weave, but I dont know, it holds well & so easy to do maintenance I love it.

Phew! I thought id got it wrong with my weft but I love it so, thats how fine my hair is 90g and whoosh its like holly hogans!

I thinknit doesnt slip as each ring is supported by the rings next to it

Attachments

• 1382041246951.jpg
    1382041246951.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 869
Yes, exactly the same as yours, at training it was said this method didnt have the longevity of micro sewin/la weave, but I dont know, it holds well & so easy to do maintenance I love it.

Phew! I thought id got it wrong with my weft but I love it so, thats how fine my hair is 90g and whoosh its like holly hogans!

I thinknit doesnt slip as each ring is supported by the rings next to it

That looks great. I love this method also, however not many people go for it!

I do normal weave & I wouldn't have thought you would need to sew if it has micro rings to attach hair to. Also the stitch the person used to attach is totally wrong & very amateur .

I put the beads on the top, I use a lot if beads so the weights not all on the one bead. I found myself with heavier wefts it was uncomfortable x

That looks agony !

I was taught to attach micro rings as if doing micro ring extensions - just minus the hair - then once full row is complete attach weave on top and sew the weft through the sections.

Weft is placed on top to hide the rings and its sewn through xx

That looks agony !

I was taught to attach micro rings as if doing micro ring extensions - just minus the hair - then once full row is complete attach weave on top and sew the weft through the sections.

Weft is placed on top to hide the rings and its sewn through xx

Ooh, thats with KM isnt it?, I thought it might have been micro rings as usual with the weft underneath with a blanket stitch, maybe thats a varient somewhere too?

Do you think you could nano ring weft then out of interest?

Ooh, thats with KM isnt it?, I thought it might have been micro rings as usual with the weft underneath with a blanket stitch, maybe thats a varient somewhere too?

Do you think you could nano ring weft then out of interest?

Yeah it was KM, I've only done one since my course in Jan as I don't promote it as don't feel 100% confident on it.. Doing my refresher course in a few weeks and that my main priority!

It's apparently the same stitching as the braided weft except instead of braiding its micro rings you're stitching through ? Its like though the micro ring then over the weft then back through the next if u get me?? Don't know the name of the stitching but?

I was thinking that but don't think the nano holds enough hair and is sturdy enough.. I'm doing one in a few weeks and was considering doing nanos instead but would need to trial it first I think ? Although it is a friend I'm doing it for as she can't afford new extensions atm for her bday night out so may do that and if it doesn't hold then it doesn't matter? Lol xx

I really don't think there is any need for it to be sewn! I really don't like that way. It's over complicated I think. I think the weft with the rings alone gives the least tension. But again, I guess it's down to the way it's actually fitted. Clearly the girl who fitted the weft in my first post, didn't have much of a clue! And then said that she was sorry that the clients scalp didn't take to the extensions... Deary me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I really don't think there is any need for it to be sewn! I really don't like that way. It's over complicated I think. I think the weft with the rings alone gives the least tension. But again, I guess it's down to the way it's actually fitted. Clearly the girl who fitted the weft in my first post, didn't have much of a clue! And then said that she was sorry that the clients scalp didn't take to the extensions... Deary me.

I don't know how you fit them with rings alone .. How do you get the weft to stay in place with rings alone?

Oh my!!! Even just the sections alone were huge and so uneven xx

If any weft is to be sewn it should be sewn using a blanket stitch not just over & under like in the pic. The person who fitted these either is lazy or hasn't been shown how to sew properly.

I don't know how you fit them with rings alone .. How do you get the weft to stay in place with rings alone?

Oh my!!! Even just the sections alone were huge and so uneven xx

It's the way the hair is sectioned and wrapped over and under the weft, it just stays in place. And very easy to so maintenance/removals etc.

I know, her head was bulging, it looked so painful, I've no idea how people have a successful business working this way.

However, I'm pleased to say the client for a full refund for the fitting last night 😁👍

Niki have a look at Chargems example above; that's a good example of micro ring weft, it's so easy with no sewing,

I agree with lilmiss that there's no need to ring & sew its a bit like doubling up work for yourself isnt it, i cant see how its more secure so not sure of the benefit there?

I think if you did nanos you'd need loads of smaller sections, i think it may work out more time consuming & expensive in the long run but if you do it post a picture, it'd be interesting to see. :)

Niki have a look at Chargems example above; that's a good example of micro ring weft, it's so easy with no sewing,

I agree with lilmiss that there's no need to ring & sew its a bit like doubling up work for yourself isnt it, i cant see how its more secure so not sure of the benefit there?

I think if you did nanos you'd need loads of smaller sections, i think it may work out more time consuming & expensive in the long run but if you do it post a picture, it'd be interesting to see. :)

I'm still not convinced on nanos. I refuse to offer them! I'll definitely have a wee nosey and see what else can be done to secure the hair instead of rings.

Ouch that looks painful! It's the LA weave method, I think the tension is due to too big if a sections for the weave to be sewn into (too much weight) and the fact the rings look so tight. Poor woman. If it was me I would apply the rings as of you were applying normal micro rings so the weight is easily distributed to avoid tension. Xx

I can't see how its held though? If u get me ? It seems like there's micro rings on top then the weft but I can't see how the rings are holding the weft if that makes sense ?xx

I can't see how its held though? If u get me ? It seems like there's micro rings on top then the weft but I can't see how the rings are holding the weft if that makes sense ?xx

I'm guessing weft hair and natural hair is took through the ring? Big guess though

Latest posts

Back