Micro ring weave variations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they just plasters are what are they? Would love something like this to prevent blisters!! X

No, they're not sticky, hold on I'll try find out what it's called x

It's called flex wrap tape x
8u3u2e3e.jpg

Thanks CharJem! X

Had my first go at micro weave today for 2 years! I really struggled it took me 5hrs and I thought it would be quicker than individual extensions. I separated a clip in weft that was tripled together, so separated it into individuals as I didn't think her hair could support anymore weight. This meant that only half of the weft was used.... approx 100g. In your experience would you use a double weft for this method to make it fuller? She only wanted volume, not length....
Oh my word I feel crappy right now!

Attachments

• micro weave .pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 86
Had my first go at micro weave today for 2 years! I really struggled it took me 5hrs and I thought it would be quicker than individual extensions. I separated a clip in weft that was tripled together, so separated it into individuals as I didn't think her hair could support anymore weight. This meant that only half of the weft was used.... approx 100g. In your experience would you use a double weft for this method to make it fuller? She only wanted volume, not length....

Oh my word I feel crappy right now!

It takes me around an hour to an hour and a half for a micro weave, don't be hard on yourself, it was the first time in 2 years as you said.

Double wefted is ideal. I actually
Double up my strips as long as the hair is thick enough.

Thanks for getting back to me charjem, yes I think I should have doubled them up. I can do this at maintenance. Trying not be so hard on myself, but Im very disappointed in how long I took. I will practice, practice, practice!

bit of an old thread, but i've started using this method - does anyone else?

Link & Sew Hair Extensions | HairPlaceNYC

i find it a really secure method and as most of my clients like hair ups it enables me to safely double up the weft on the track with less bulk than adding more rows.

only reason i ask is that i dont know the official name for it, if anyone could help?

I'm going to try this and charjems method on a block. I've not trained in extensions only assisted other stylists but really want to train. Is no courses here unless you're in a salon tho. Reckon with practise I could do them as like intricate work.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396014998.755692.jpg
Here was my first attempt at chargems method and my friend has done me
One too! Love it it's great! xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396015037.774274.jpg

Sorry to jump in do you do your micro weaves straight around the head or do you do the back first and then sections for the side? If that makes sense? Xx

It depends on be client, for fine to medium hair I might do tracks like a braided weave. For thicker hair, I do tracks like a braided weave and also add more at the sides. Hth.

It depends on be client, for fine to medium hair I might do tracks like a braided weave. For thicker hair, I do tracks like a braided weave and also add more at the sides. Hth.

I only do micro weft ive not trained in a braided weave yet xx

I only do micro weft ive not trained in a braided weave yet xx

I don't do them either but I've seen plenty 😄 braided is long strips around the head

Omg poor girl, no wonder her scalp was im agony. Thanks to you you have eased her scalp allowed her to have temporary extensions for that special occasion. Have her good advice to have them removed. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sewn weave is a must have, just recently trained in this method and love it compared to other methods. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back