Micro ring weave variations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take a section of the hair, I part it into 3 as if I'm about to do a plait, the two outside sections go over the top of the weft and the middle section goes underneath and through the weft, I then clasp the 3 parts together and pull the ring through and clasp at the top. X

Oh thats different again, I have seen this before but I wasnt sure if the weft would slip sideways due to not being held, but must not do. Wefts seem to be very versatile but theres not as many places to buy them nowadays is there, its all prebonded atm.

I didnt realise there were so many different techniques when it came to hair extensions!

I have to ask, do any of you find it an enjoyable job or is it a lot of hassle for not enough pay?

Would really like to hear what any of you think.

Shell

Yes, I love a weft as it builds up so quickly, it also styles differently once fitted, I think its easier to maintain for people too (then individuals).

Thou its prebonded thats more popular.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I understand that what I was getting at is the stitch. Under & over stitching is not the way to sew weft in a blanket stitch should be used. Doesn't a micro sew in require a blanket stitch? If you are sewing in

Yes a blanket stitch is how you do it. Littlemissm:)

This is another way of Micro Wefting (with shop bought micro rings already on the weft). Or you can sew your own rings on a weft, we suggest placing the rings closer together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ceg2IFvWDI

Last edited:
I've seen those wefts with rings already attached but can't for the life of me remember where, think was foxy or someone like that. I never ordered in the end as didn't have colour I needed but just googled last time.

It is good idea to sew the rings as there is less chances to lose hair extensions. It make hair little heavy but if rings are sewn at different places so weight is distributed and the hair extension looks very natural.

I've only done this once but was really pleased with the results, I did the same as Charjam, piece if hair from above and below weft, I did add weft hair at the end of each weft. Not perfect as first attempt. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382378770.800758.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382378790.473762.jpg

How would you section it if the client wants the option of hair ups? Ive done training where they section an entire horseshoe ring & where its sectioned ear to ear (iyswim?), im thinking angled sections?

I do the micro ring weave (sew in/la weft as others call it)
I close micro rings in a line along the section. Measure the weft and use hair clips to secure. Using the blanket stitch I was taught I weave along the line, sewing into the hair that lies between the rings and the scalp.

On the subject of weaves .. I'm struggling to find a weave anywhere ! Studio 58 are only doing tape wefts .. I'm doing my refresher course on LA weave next sat and want to know where's good for a weave? I will also be trying it out on myself hopefully and have white ash blonde hair so ideally need a good colour range also xx

On the subject of weaves .. I'm struggling to find a weave anywhere ! Studio 58 are only doing tape wefts .. I'm doing my refresher course on LA weave next sat and want to know where's good for a weave? I will also be trying it out on myself hopefully and have white ash blonde hair so ideally need a good colour range also xx

Hair planet are my fav for wefts. x

I've only done this once but was really pleased with the results, I did the same as Charjam, piece if hair from above and below weft, I did add weft hair at the end of each weft. Not perfect as first attempt. View attachment 45951View attachment 45952

Yes Fuzion we teach this method with separate micro rings and pulling hair from above, below, plus some wefted hair. Quick and easy and clients seem to like it because you can get thickness and length very quickly.

This is a variation of the Balmain Double Hair Method.:biggrin:

Hair planet are my fav for wefts. x

That's surprising as I've never used hair planet as heard so many bad reviews and to me they out ruled any good reviews xx

I did the micro ring weave (sew in) with connect 2 hair x

I could be wrong but I'm sure I seen sjk with wefts (micro rings attached) x

I could be wrong but I'm sure I seen sjk with wefts (micro rings attached) x

I'm not sure. I used luxury weft once, it was lovely. The AAA one isn't worth a penny though. Hair planet wefts are awesome. I swear by them. I made them into stick tips and one client has has them in now for 8 months (with repositioning) they're great.

I'm not sure. I used luxury weft once, it was lovely. The AAA one isn't worth a penny though. Hair planet wefts are awesome. I swear by them. I made them into stick tips and one client has has them in now for 8 months (with repositioning) they're great.

Is it only wefts you've used from hp? Is there any others you would use? I just have no clue where to go for wefts now as the only ones I've seen have micro rings attached or are tape wefts :( x

Is it only wefts you've used from hp? Is there any others you would use? I just have no clue where to go for wefts now as the only ones I've seen have micro rings attached or are tape wefts :( x

I've used 1 from sjk, the rest are all HairPlanet x

Foxy do wefts in their new a4 range, they have some highlight/mixed colours too

Sorry to jump in here but just wondered how you all find this method if a client likes to wear their hair up? Is it possible? Xx

Sorry to jump in here but just wondered how you all find this method if a client likes to wear their hair up? Is it possible? Xx

Well it's the same as a weave, except less bulky. So as long as it's not tightly scraped back, then it's not visible.

Well it's the same as a weave, except less bulky. So as long as it's not tightly scraped back, then it's not visible.

Great thanks for the reply xx

Latest posts

Back