Micro rings advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi all ...

i started doing micro rings almost 2 months ago...

overall its going fine and very popular but in the first 2/3 days they lose about 1-3 strands it doesnt bother them as its a small amount not matter what i do it always happens except maybe 1 or 2 people..

id say by the time it came to their maintenence they lose about 6 strands over the 6 weeks period from what ive been told..

no-one has complained as most have had the pre-bonds before and have lost strands over the few weeks so they dont seem bothered but is their anything i can do to avoid it.. ?

as im used to do doing the sewing one they obvioulsy dont lose single strands at all.

hi all ...

overall its going fine and very popular but in the first 2/3 days they lose about 1-3 strands it doesnt bother them as its a small amount not matter what i do it always happens except maybe 1 or 2 people..

id say by the time it came to their maintenence they lose about 6 strands over the 6 weeks period from what ive been told..

no-one has complained as most have had the pre-bonds before and have lost strands over the few weeks so they dont seem bothered but is their anything i can do to avoid it.. ?

as im used to do doing the sewing one they obvioulsy dont lose single strands at all.

Hey leonibb thats not bad at all , :hug:
I have heard people losing loads more than that , and with micro rings there will always be some that will slip out,

I have never heard of any micro rings that are absolutely slip proof
but as we usually put loads in it wont be noticeable

but.... if you ask lancashirelass I am sure she will know about the best ones for not slipping .... as I think she has done a lot of research in this area ,
I too would like to know of one that wont slip at all :) x minky

Hey leonibb thats not bad at all , :hug:
I have heard people losing loads more than that , and with micro rings there will always be some that will slip out,

I have never heard of any micro rings that are absolutely slip proof
but as we usually put loads in it wont be noticeable

but.... if you ask lancashirelass I am sure she will know about the best ones for not slipping .... as I think she has done a lot of research in this area ,
I too would like to know of one that wont slip at all :) x minky

its fustrating though i do tell them they may lose a couple over the few weeks and that i put more strands in to compensate

I wish I was doing as well as you - i've been havin a nightmare recently with microrings with many coming out within the first few days.
Usually my clients are ok about it and I just replace the ones that have come out but last week I did a full head on a lady with quite short hair and by the evening they had all come out - I ended up giving her a full refund.

I don't know whether i'm doing it wrong (although I am doing it the way I was trained) or whether its the microrings themselves (I use the silicone lined ones) but I just dont seem to be able to get to grips with them which is a real shame as most people are opting for them as opposed to microbonds at the mo.

Am really at my wits end now :irked:

I wish I was doing as well as you - i've been havin a nightmare recently with microrings with many coming out within the first few days.
Usually my clients are ok about it and I just replace the ones that have come out but last week I did a full head on a lady with quite short hair and by the evening they had all come out - I ended up giving her a full refund.

I don't know whether i'm doing it wrong (although I am doing it the way I was trained) or whether its the microrings themselves (I use the silicone lined ones) but I just dont seem to be able to get to grips with them which is a real shame as most people are opting for them as opposed to microbonds at the mo.

Am really at my wits end now :irked:

i use the sillicone ones also.. it is getting better the last ones ive done have stayed in much better. but ive had ones that didnt go well also..

but i did a client with short hair also and the same thing she said they were coming out and i offered to re-do but she said no.. her hair was very short although long enough to have it done..

everyone else ive done has had around shoulder length and gone to 18-24 inches and i found it easier..

im not sure what else i can do i am putting it tight enough i think :confused:
i did one lady removal today and she had hers done in wales and they were so tight it was like it cutting into her hair roots and they were metal ones but they were very tight..
and another client who had hers in 3 months and only 2 fell out they had metal ones and was a well known salon but the hair was glued like pre-bonded and the rings around it ..

i am doing alot of them since ive been trained so itd helping me but i know what you mean about wondering what your doing different to everyone else..

Last edited:
I think from now on I will only apply microrings to people with quite long hair and warn them that they are not as secure as the microbonds. People seem to prefer the microrings because they are under the misconception that they are better for the natural hair than the prebonded and no amount of persuasion can convince them otherwise!

It seems to be one thing after another at the moment, first I had a problem with the quality of the hair I was using and now i've finally got that sorted (after spending a small fortune replacing clients' extensions) I've now had problems with the microrings.

I guess you just have to look at it as a learning experience ( a very costly one):!:

It seems to be one thing after another at the moment, first I had a problem with the quality of the hair I was using and now i've finally got that sorted (after spending a small fortune replacing clients' extensions) I've now had problems with the microrings.
I guess you just have to look at it as a learning experience ( a very costly one) :!:

Hi Emma, if you do a search on here you will find loads of invaluable information about testing hair quality
which will save you money and making any more costly mistakes..... its very informative
and you can learn all about how to tell good hair from bad hair

unfortunately you cannot trust some hair distributors these days
as an awful lot of hair they sell is turned the wrong way around
and then processed to disguise the turning

the secret to good hair is it should remain in the very same direction as it was cut from the donor...... which means it has to be root to tip correct, as once a few strands of hairs get muddled and turned the wrong way around ........ it will then tangle and matt after a few washes

if you do loads of research on this ...... you will then be armed with the knowledge of how to choose really good quality hair

:hug: hth minky

I have worn micro rings many times from full heads to extending my longer side of my of hair and they still slip on me after a few weeks. I dont know anyone who has not had micro rings that havent slipped. I have just ordered some extenshells from america to see if these are any better. I also ordered a few other new attachment rings so will see how they go and feedback on them

hi all ...

slipage is cause by poor leverage. try longer handle pliers you will be suprised on the difference this makes

i thought id update in this ive since started using a different pliers it has a slightly longer handle so i can apply using the pressure more on the groove. i only use rings with the sillicone inside and my clients lose 1-2 strands over the time before maintenence so very hapyy with that.

alot of them would lose maybe 10-15 where they went before so they are really happy also..

i thought id update in this ive since started using a different pliers it has a slightly longer handle so i can apply using the pressure more on the groove. i only use rings with the sillicone inside and my clients lose 1-2 strands over the time before maintenence so very hapyy with that.

alot of them would lose maybe 10-15 where they went before so they are really happy also..

Thats great. Im happy my tip worked for you. you might also find that if your pressure is right you will not need silicon lined rings. The silicon lined rings are too bulky and you can now move onto tubes. Tubes are also micro rings but longer and flatter.The wall thickness is less so its easier to flatten. You also don't get that bumpy feeling like you get with the silicon rings.We've got a video for you that i provide for customer support that will help you correct clamping this might give extra tips click here

i just got a different tpe of pliers with a longer handle much more easier to grip i found..the amount they were losing before was quite small but im a perfectionist lol..
but i dont find the rings bulky at all ive used tubes before didnt reall like them tbh.. i do shrinkies also but micro rings are alot more popular at the mo for me and i do maybe 5/6 people a week and they dont find the rings i use bulky they are surprised how much they cant see the rings or feel them and ive converted alot of long term pre-bonded clients over to the rings.

Last edited:
i just got a different tpe of pliers with a longer handle much more easier to grip i found..the amount they were losing before was quite small but im a perfectionist lol..
but i dont find the rings bulky at all ive used tubes before didnt reall like them tbh.. i do shrinkies also but micro rings are alot more popular at the mo for me and i do maybe 5/6 people a week and they dont find the rings i use bulky they are surprised how much they cant see the rings or feel them and ive converted alot of long term pre-bonded clients over to the rings.

thats cool as long as your clients are happy at the end of the day.i have access to all different rings in fact i offer different prices for the different rings because of the accesses i have to these rings. your clientes dont know the difference just yet. try one more thing for me when you get the time.
you will find a company call erou locs. have a look at the ring there using. try to source the rings and install them on a good client (especially one with fine hair). do silicon lined rings on one side and tubes on the other.
people with fine hair like to tie their hair up and not see the extensions on the sides.
im a perfectionist too and just passing my tips onto another perfectionist.
if you feel you dont need to that's cool tooo ciao.

i was just wondering where you can get the longer pliers from? is there a hair extension website that does them? i have this problem because i think i am not very strong and i havent got a tight grip

i was just wondering where you can get the longer pliers from? is there a hair extension website that does them? i have this problem because i think i am not very strong and i havent got a tight grip

pliers that will help you guys that use big rings and thick walled rings and need more leverage

Super Edge Corporation

i have one from hairextensions-shop and another one from an online place il check and post it..

hi leonnib! new to geek! i have just started doing micro links after doing micro bonds,i love them but where do u get ur stick tip hair from?x

i also got one from american dream which is very sturdy and great..

hi leonnib! new to geek! i have just started doing micro links after doing micro bonds,i love them but where do u get ur stick tip hair from?x

hiya :) i mainly stick tip mine myself unless im too busy but i my hair hair from www.hairextensions-shop.com they do the weft, stick and nail tipped hair

Latest posts

Back