Microdermabrasion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle.123

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend a good diamond peel microdermabrasion machine. I want to start doing the treatment but there are so many to choose from!! Also what is a reasonable price? Thanx

Hi are you already trained? I bought mine from beauty deals direct. Very reasonable prices but didn't include training. I got the compact one and it's been great. No problems and great results and feedback from clients xx

Hi yes I'm trained, iv been on the website, I don't understand how they can range from 500 to £8000 how are they any different from say crystal clear and company's like that?

I know I thought it was too good to be true but my machine is great, no problems at all, fab customer service and clients have had great results and a couple have said they personally prefer it to other dermabrasions they've had in the past xx

Www.thecarltongroup.co.uk

Look for the ChromaPeel. Made in the UK, 5year warranty, great after sales team and training included in the price.

Let me know if you'd like more info!

Hi Michelle.123

Diamond-Dermabrasion is a great treatment. Here is the Silhouette Dermalift version: Silhouette Diamond-Dermabrasion - Silhouette International

My advice is always to have as many demonstrations as possible. There are a plethora of machines out there so you need to establish what you want from your machine and if you're happy with its results; after all, it's an investment.

We offer free on-site demonstrations to give you the chance to see our machines in action, meet our team and ask any questions so you can make an informed decision. It's all under no obligation too.

Here's a quick snapshot of what you receive with Silhouette:

- Diamond-Dermabrasion comes complete with accessories (diamond heads, filters etc)
- Free ultrasonic steriliser
- Free on-site training
- A selection of skincare
- Marketing material
- A full manufacturers guarantee

- Experience: Silhouette is 38 years old this year
- British manufacturer
- Unrivalled aftercare support through our in-house technical team, Techcare

Happy to send you more information should you wish.

Best of luck finding a machine to suit you :)

Hi are you already trained? I bought mine from beauty deals direct. Very reasonable prices but didn't include training. I got the compact one and it's been great. No problems and great results and feedback from clients xx

Exactly which model do you have? Product code?
Have just looked on beautydealsdirect

I got mine from there too, I also have the compact one in the mini case and it's fab!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389799219.021043.jpg this one. Left the price off just incase I wasn't allowed to put it on xx

View attachment 52844 this one. Left the price off just incase I wasn't allowed to put it on xx

Hi Julie, what do you pay for products and maintenance? I'm with skinbase and have been for 12 months. However calculating the cost, I should get my own lol

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Julie, what do you pay for products and maintenance? I'm with skinbase and have been for 12 months. However calculating the cost, I should get my own lol

I'll pm you xx

Thanks Julie, does anyone know much about using products? I was told not to use a lot. However one of my friends who has a lot of experience told me to use a collagen gel, then an almond oil finished with a moisturiser and SPF. Any ideas? She said it feeds the skin and nourishes it very well.

Thanks Julie, does anyone know much about using products? I was told not to use a lot. However one of my friends who has a lot of experience told me to use a collagen gel, then an almond oil finished with a moisturiser and SPF. Any ideas? She said it feeds the skin and nourishes it very well.

I would use aproducts to calm the skin as it's usually red afterwards. I use a soothing gel mask and cream made for sensitive skin/redness

There seems little point to applying almond oil BEFORE a moisturising cream because whilst it will slow down TEWL it will almost certainly prevent proper absorption of anything applied thereafter.

Www.thecarltongroup.co.uk

Look for the ChromaPeel. Made in the UK, 5year warranty, great after sales team and training included in the price.

Let me know if you'd like more info!

I am currently training using the ChromaPeel machine at college it's great! I love it!

There seems little point to applying almond oil BEFORE a moisturising cream because whilst it will slow down TEWL it will almost certainly prevent proper absorption of anything applied thereafter.

As it's a natural product and oil feeds the skin, it is better to apply almond oil than a moisturiser. It's natural.
Oil= feed, it's absorbed and natural
Moisturiser = protect, it's a barrier to the nasties and should sit on the skin as apposite to be absorbed. Hence moisturisers with SPF.

That said, I'm sure everyone is different. I dislike chemicals and so do most of my clients. Everyone is trained in a different way I suppose :)

I want my moisturiser to go into my skin and work it's magic which is why I never use a moisturiser with an spf. I want my spf to sit on top of my skin to protect.

You're right that we all have different views and can come from this at very different angles.

Vicki x

Modern treatment creams are emulsions. They split on contact with the skin and the oil part stays there to reduce TEWL. Their antibacterial properties are minimal, relying mostly on the acid mantle to provide protection.
The water part carries the active ingredients within a stable carrier to the lower layers of the epidermis, where they can do their thing.

As I said, there is no point in applying anything after almond oil.

Vicki your right, we all have different views. So people just like to preach.
Things are constantly changing in the industry.

We use Ecopeel by Eden Beauty, its a grea machine. For after treatmet Casamara masks ae brilliant:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back