Microloops slipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good afternoon peeps, installed 180 microloop hair extensions on Thursday night. And the lady text me Friday morning saying one had fallen out since then she said about 50 have just slipped out. I advised her to wash her hair with just shampoo and no conditioner before I come so she did that , and I pulled through the right amount of hair , did I obviously just not clamp it tight enough ? I'm going bk later to sort it out , do I just reuse microloop with the tool and use that to pull the hair through ?
I've done 2 other full head of microloops and there's have been great none of them has lost a single bond x

Has she got really fine hair? Or does she wash it a lot? X

She's got thin hair and she told me she washes her hair a lot I advised her once a week twice if you really have to she's only had them in 3 days so she wouldn't of washed it yet anyway she's bleached the hell out of it , when I first saw it i was unsure weather to do it or not but when I got a closer look the condition wasn't as bad as what it looked , I've done many of 'glue' and manually attaching micro rings before and not had a problem x

Micro rings will slip on thin hair x

Micro rings don't slip because of thin hair. The wrong kind of prebonded slippery tip is to blame in conjunction with the wrong rings.

I brought the microloop from halo hair extensions , would me not clamping hard enough be the root cause do you think x

Ensure your section is thick enough and clamp tight I got blisters when I first started doing them! I find the stick tip and ring is better when used separately xx

i agree. i use micro rings on client with thin hair much more then with thick hair with no problems. it could be she is more suited to a different type of ring or not put in securely enough..
3 days isnt very long to lose 50 rings even with washing. She may not have even lost that much (as customers can sometimes exaggerate ) but you wont really know without seeing her hair..

Think I'll stick to doing the rings and stick tip seperatly now on x

Oh man I've got a banging headache as well , can't wait to get it sorted tho fed up of getting texts every time she looses one x Never reused microloop before do I just open the ring and put it on my micro ring tool and three the hair through ? X

Hi Hun you just open the ring up with the pliers then slide it off the hair. Then it the ring is attatched to the stick tip already just put the thread needle through the ring/stick tip and latch it on to some hair then pull it back down through the ring x

Thank you peeps x will let you know how I get on x x

Use the double beads from sjk! they give a really good hold, they defo wont slip then! I cant use anything other than the double beads now :/ lol

What are these double beads ? I've never heard of them and ive been fitting micro rings for over a year day in and day out x

What are these double beads ? I've never heard of them and ive been fitting micro rings for over a year day in and day out x

It's two beads on each strand. They are the only company I know off that makes them!no slipping at all!

they are unique and unlike any other micro ring out there, their mystery is only exceeded by their incredibly high value. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back