Microsoft vista

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Gemma*

Reaction score
I need some help here please. On Thursday iof last week my pc had to go to the big pc heaven in the sky:cry: . But no fear, we have bought a nice shiney new one and its super quick and evrything the other one wasn't, ( This one definately didn't belong on the ark, and my user name doesn't have to be Noah!! Lol )

But now, not knowing anything about computers we are gradually putting things on this that we need, extra programmes etc. Here come the problems, does anyone know of any sites that Vista will let you use for free to download music, Linewire, Azure and Aries are not working for me?
Also I have a cheap bog standard printer that the kids use for their home work etc, and I have lost the driver disc for it. I have tried to download a new one but Vista wont let me!!!

Any techy geeks that could be of assistance please.

Im not a computer geek by any means im just sharing an opinion I think this is something that vista will stop because one of the main benefits with it is supposed to be heightened security.Also microsoft want you to use their download site they don't want anyone getting music and films for free.
Ive never used free music sites because i have always been worried about downloading viruses or making my computer less secure.

don't know if this helps you but we have vista on our computer and my hubby downloads from u torrent with no problems.

don't know if this helps you but we have vista on our computer and my hubby downloads from u torrent with no problems.

Thanks Jaqui, is this a free download? If so do you have an addy for them please?

I dont use Vista, I think I'll wait until it's completely bug-free (probably 2011 :) ). In the meantime, if anyone buys a new PC, dont let MS Vista dictate your lifestye for you. If you normally D/L music, but Vista wont allow you to do so, do a search on google for 'downloading music using Vista' or something similar. Trust me, it will have come up before.

I dont use Vista, I think I'll wait until it's completely bug-free (probably 2011 :) ). In the meantime, if anyone buys a new PC, dont let MS Vista dictate your lifestye for you. If you normally D/L music, but Vista wont allow you to do so, do a search on google for 'downloading music using Vista' or something similar. Trust me, it will have come up before.

Thanks Seanny I am going to get on the case today and see what I come up with.

try isohunt.com thats where we download our music from.

Latest posts

Back