Mineral make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks I wanted to ask you all a question. I have heard allot about mineral make up so decided to but a Revlon one, I read on here that talc shouldn't really be a top ingredient of a mineral make up, so when i had bought it guess what was the first ingredient ??? talc ! I like the final look but my skin feel a bit ' claggy?' also it seems to make my skin feel a bit itchy and bumpy ? Can anyone recommend a good REASONABLY priced one ? sorry for the ramble !

I use Lily Lolo make up. I think is superb. You can't feel it at all when it is on your face. There is a great range of foundation shades and the eyeshadow colours are stunning. xx

A really good Mineral Make up and the best in my opinion is Jane Iredale. I also hate it when OTC products call themselves mineral makeup too. It just confuses the consumers and actaully cheats them.

HTH

Bare Escentuals is fab. Admittedly it is pricey, but then you really do use the smallest amount. I think Ive had my pot nearly a year now, and its still gong strong.

Bare Escentuals foundation has Bismuth Oxychloride in it which can irritate a sensitive skin so perhaps it's best to find one without if your skin's a bit iffy.

Im a Lily Lolo user..its FANATSTIC!!

Sue :)

I'm a Lily Lolo user..its FANATSTIC!!

Sue :)[/quote

I've just looked at this one and their concealer, I thought it would have been much more expensive, cool !

I must admit I have been wearing liquid foundation and loose powder for years and I am sill wondering how mineral foundations work differently from loose powder, how do you get the coverage of a liquid foundation ?

I'm a Lily Lolo user..its FANATSTIC!!

Sue :)[/quote

I've just looked at this one and their concealer, I thought it would have been much more expensive, cool !

I must admit I have been wearing liquid foundation and loose powder for years and I am sill wondering how mineral foundations work differently from loose powder, how do you get the coverage of a liquid foundation ?

Order one of the samples and you can have a play to see how they differ.

hey,

I found that the mineral ID make up is really good, you can get the beginner kit which has a primer brush and the foundation. I find it really could on those clients who hae really sensitve skin or on mature skin, as it has nothing but minerals in it, no othere ingrediants. xxxxx

If Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are not in the top 3 ingredients then I wouldn't even touch any so called mineral make up, OTC or professional.

It really annoys me about a lot of companies when they market a product and say something like 'includes aloe vera' on the main packaging, so you think oooh that will be nice and soothing then when you look at the ingredients list there is something like 0.1% extract of aloe vera, which of course is last on the ingredients list so it may as well not be in there !

hey,

I found that the mineral ID make up is really good, you can get the beginner kit which has a primer brush and the foundation. I find it really could on those clients who hae really sensitve skin or on mature skin, as it has nothing but minerals in it, no othere ingrediants. xxxxx

If you're talking about ID Bare minerals then it has Bismuth Oxychloride in it as well as the minerals...

The reason why I do use Bare Escentuals is because I do have sensitive skin, and I have to say Ive never had a problem yet, but that is just my skin and maybe it would be best to get a sample before you buy.

I've been using Lily Lolo for over a year its fantastic , my teenage daughters also use it and they have very sensitive skin . You can order sample pots for 99p each as there are many shades , as you have to get the colour match as close as possibe .

If Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are not in the top 3 ingredients then I wouldn't even touch any so called mineral make up, OTC or professional.

It really annoys me about a lot of companies when they market a product and say something like 'includes aloe vera' on the main packaging, so you think oooh that will be nice and soothing then when you look at the ingredients list there is something like 0.1% extract of aloe vera, which of course is last on the ingredients list so it may as well not be in there !

Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are what gives mineral makeup their covering power, so if they aren't at the top of the ingredient list it's not going to do the job.

Loose powder is generally talc based.

hey,

I use Fuschia mineral Make-up, not that expensive and i have no problems with it. Clients love it and retails well!

fresh minerals is brilliant 100% natural, did a day course in it and now stock it at my salon.

Latest posts

Back