Mini manicure...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had another call from a client whom wants tips & overlay,also she said she really thinks her cuticles will need doing!!!

So i advised i would do a mini manicure before applying the extensions.

By a mini manicure, should this involve removal of cuticle,file, etc all apart from the hand/arm massage?

Any help gratefully welcomed!

Louise x :D

it's all explained in Perfect Preparation on the Tutorials.
it's a fab tutorial and has helped me a lot.
hth
x

Thanks Sandi,

the information is really good.

Louise x

You're very welcome Louise... if you haven't done it yet then have a good old nose through the tutorials, not only the ones by GMG but also the premium geek ones, there is some fab advice available, I've learnt loads more by reading them :D

I may be misunderstanding you - but surely you would remover the cuticle and perform a "mini manicure" as standard with every set of enhancements you do? I read this as meaning you would do it as an extra? :biggrin:

Sara Satchell said:
I may be misunderstanding you - but surely you would remover the cuticle and perform a "mini manicure" as standard with every set of enhancements you do? I read this as meaning you would do it as an extra? :biggrin:
yes i read it the same as you, surely you would remove the cuticle and dead skin before applying any acrylic to the nail....if not wouldnt the acrylic lift from the nail in the cuticle area?

yeppers, that's why I put up the link to GMG's tutorial as it shows and tells exactly how it should be done.
i wasn't shown this when I trained with Backscratchers, infact I wasn't shown very much as regards prep before enhancements, the only product I was advised to use was hygienic elegance which IMO isn't good enough to perform prep properly. When I did my Fabric# conversion in Feb this year I was shown (by Geeg) a better way to do prep and I have to admit I have drastically reduced the amount of lifting when rebalancing clients nails.

ValencianNails said:
When I did my Fabric# conversion in Feb this year I was shown (by Geeg) a better way to do prep and I have to admit I have drastically reduced the amount of lifting when rebalancing clients nails.

A better way? Can you expand on what you differently to the 'usual' prep taught by the Creative Acadamy? I am very intrigued now :)

it's not different as "taught by the creative academy" but different as taught by Backscratchers, who I originally trained with.
I do my prep the Creative way now and I have to say I'm dead impressed with it :D
I'm not saying it's the only way but it's the way that works for me and I'm not looking to change it.

Latest posts

Back