Minimum age for waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytt

Reaction score
Hi all

What is min age you do for waxing x

You should go with what your insurance company say,but sometimes i use my own discretion depending who it is and where it is.

If they are under 16, I get their mum to sign and to come with them, even if they sit outside. I had one girl turn up without her mum so I called her and got her to text me that she was in agreement and I did a screenshot of the text.

Last edited:
If they are under 26, I get their mum to sign and to come with them, even if they sit outside. I had one girl turn up without her mum so I called her and got her to text me that she was in agreement and I did a screenshot of the text.

26 you play it safe :)

If they are under 26, I get their mum to sign and to come with them, even if they sit outside. I had one girl turn up without her mum so I called her and got her to text me that she was in agreement and I did a screenshot of the text.

26!!! Lol sure it was a case of fat thumbs and you mean 16 ;)

She can't change it now either.Its in our quotes.Its a Kim Lawless blooper.

Fab thought so, thank you :) x

I've actually been working on updating a waxing training course manual today. There is no legal guideline or requirement on a minimum age that is set that I am aware of.

I know Habia say a minimum age of 16 for intimate waxing (not 100% sure on general waxing), however it is vital you check with your own insurance provider as some will stipulate 18.

Remember if you carry out a procedure that your insurance provider has said you are not covered for you will have no protection or financial assistance. All the risk is your own.

It is important to remember that not only should the parent/guardian sign the consultation but the minor receiving the treatment should also sign to give their consent.

All insurance companies are different and you should check before undertaking any treatment on a minor.

The FHT say the following:

Never be alone with someone under age , irrespective of whether you
are providing a manicure, an initial consultation,or an aromatherapy massage. For your own protection, you need an adult to​
witness your actions at all times.

I don't have a minimum age as such, it's down to my personal discretion but as a general rule I tend to say no younger than 12.

My insurance requires a parent to be present and in the room if my client is under 16, they will not accept a letter even if it is signed.

I've checked this out recently, and for my insurance it is as follows:

16 or Under: Signed parental consent and parent present for treatment
17: Signed parental consent
18: They are an adult so they just sign consent as standard

Remember for under 17 if you do not fulfil these requirements you will not be insured.

Personally I only do treatments on 18+.

Latest posts

Back