Minx sheets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

master30

Reaction score
Would like your opinions please, I've minxed many toes and over the last 2 weeks I've had 4 clients ask me to save whats left of the minx so that they can have them done again at a cheaper cost. What do you all do with the spare minx? As I've already used the correct sizes for their toes I feel it would be more work to redo with the spares as there would be lots of trimming to size. What do you all do in this situation? Thanks

Well I for one think the request is just plain cheeky. Only a tiny part of the service cost is for the minx, the rest is your time and skills.

I always save the left over minx and use on later clients. I usually open a new pack for each client (usually for the big toes) and the rest I use the left overs from other treatments or some from the new sheet.

They dont have to look like left overs. When I have used part of a sheet, I cut all the spare plastic off so I just have the nails and a small margin around it and I put them in a bag. So when I am doing silver for example, I use the two big toes from a new set and then spread the individual nails or ''leftovers'' on the table and fit the rest from what I have.

Just think, if you saved a file and buffer for use on one client, you wouldnt take that off the price if their next treatment would you?

oh no no no no no no..... I do keep leftovers but I actually either re use them for another clients OR occasionally i minx one toe for a client for free so they can trial them (but the client will be a regular, long standing one) .
but more often than not i use them on me or my business partner (one gold one silver for example), I dont care that they are all different and it really advertises them.

This happened to me. I told the client that they were paying for one set and not one sheet.

I now keep all the sheets in one air tight container so if I use one from a new sheet or a part used sheet it is of no relevance to the client.

Thats rediculous and an absolute cheek tbh. It is perfectly possible to get two sets of Minx from one sheet and a bit spare. If you worked in a salon situation you would be expected to work as cost effectivly as possible with all products used, so why would your client even think of asking this of you. Next time I would tell them it is a professional product designed to be used as efficiently as possible and the price for Minxed nails is the price for the service for having their toes Minxed regardless - they don't own the whole minx sheet including anything left they are paying for your service as said before.

I store all my Minx sheets in a file with clear plastic holders and I put all the Minx for one design inside one clear Minx envelope that they come in and then inside of the plastic page holder. That way they can be view but are not being touched by anyone but me, I can keep track of them and all the Minx sheets, whole or part used, are together so no one would even expect to have a new sheet each time. I also give them a Minx catalogue to look through.

Would they think they own the whole tubes of hair dye their colourist mixes - no.

Be firm and professional straight away. x

There is always one isn't there? The answer is NO you can't. :lol:

They are paying for ten toes, not a bloody sheet! Where do people get these daft ideas from? When you paint their nails, do they think they have bought the bottle of enamel?

Well how rude!!!!!!!! A client jokingly complained that the Minx had fallen off one of her toes today and only had them on 5 weeks, she's booked in for some more. If thats not value for money I dont know what is.I've been asked to do them for £10 as someone in the next town is, you've gota laugh at their cheek:lol:

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for that I will now take a different approach and tell them the charge is for a set of minx not the whole sheet. I'm thankful of your opinions.

haha I know the expensive one - had the hubby's aunt tell me i was expensive as she knows someone who does it 5 quid cheaper than I charge - very good I answered but I was mobile and I have people paying the price Im charging. I know my hairdressers are charging 7 quid less than me but who's to say they are still gonna get more buisness than I am!!!

Clients, well you gotta love em eh????
I will try this with my mobile hairdresser. next time I get my highlights done I will ask her if I can have the next lot cheaper as there is still some colour left in the tube.....
Yep the price is per set, per service, per time spent doing them end off lol.
What ever next? God I love this job and the giggles it brings with it xxxxx

OMG, as prev posts say I charge per set not per sheet. I said to a client the other day 'my time and skill is worth more than my products' Its not about quantity more about quality :) I do an offer on minx 2 sets for £35 but they must be 2 people at same appointment as I can get 3 sets (when I really can be bothered :):)) out of one sheet but if the client said she would have one this week and another in 3-4-5 weeks time it would be me loosing out, as my time would be wasted iygwim.

Would this client say to her hairdresser that she pays for her tube of colour (if mixed colour) so therefore I can pay reduced rate next time:eek::eek:

Shocks me sometimes, I will not pander to clients like this they want cheap service but complain when given cheap products,,,,,hahah x

This is just the way clients are trying these days...... Hunting for a bargain all the time, but at your cost!!! Be proffessional, dont't give in. If they realy like it, they will be back anyway.

Lol some people amaze me how they just ask the most outrageous questions without batting an eye lid I once did a set of l & p on a woman n she asked me to take her up to creative so she could buy everything she needed to do her own!!! Hahaha erm yeah I spent a fortune on training to help you do your nails for free lol unreal I never went bk there!

Too right we should all do this n not make a living coz we get the products free, like hell x Minx is a fantastic product they want it , they pay. It is addictive whenever they get it they have already decided what they are having next, me too on that, feet look naked without it once you've had it.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments its helped a lot will def be charging for the service not the sheet.

Latest posts

Back