Minx Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
I am doing really well getting the MINX onto the nail plate now. Flat....very few, or often now, no creases. BUT!!!! I am really struggling to get my angle right with the glass file on the edge to file off the excess. I am not getting the angle quite right and i keep exposing the nail a little. I am waiting for it to cool before I go near it.
Any tips?:eek:

Last edited:
Just bumping hoping for tips

Short sharp strokes with the Minx file in a north/south direction holding the file at a 45º angle going under the nail plate and finger (if you see what I mean). Start at one side and work across to the other. One stroke should cut thru the Minx at each staqge as you move along. :hug:

I find I am 'sawing'...so I am probably holding the file too flat in a east/west movement?
North/South....under the finger too...will keep trying.
Thanks Gigi x

I find I am 'sawing'...so I am probably holding the file too flat in a east/west movement?
North/South....under the finger too...will keep trying.
Thanks Gigi x

See sawing on a natural nail going east to west seems to work just fine as the free edge is sharp and thin, but on an enhanced nail with a thicker free edge, I find the north/south method leaves no frayed edge.

Last edited:
Thanks Gigi, will try this out when doing it on enhancements... and will just keep practising on the natural nail in the see-saw way. It's got to 'click' for me sooN!!!!

Hi

I have found on really short natural nails that if you wait until it cools then cut the minx, put it back under the heat lamp and push it down, then cool again and smooth with your minx file. Still experimenting though!!

Latest posts

Back